Status Match

fb0075

We are Diamond Plus on RCCL and Elite Plus on Celebrity which makes us VS350----the perks of this is a FREE 7 DAY CRUISE---I assume that we would have to book and sail to qualify for this but what does it consist of ---lowest cabin etc????

If you look at the SS website, scroll down to Venetian Society, I’m afraid you will find that complimentary cruises are excluded from the status match programme and can only be earned by days actually sailed with SS. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

What status match will Silversea offer those of us who have already sailed 200+ days with Silversea but not quite 250 days? 

It seems to me that as far as revenues earned by Silversea and access to Silversea benefits at the 250+ days threshold are concerned we are not being treated fairly. I know it’s all about marketing Silversea to other RC customers who don’t patronize the Silversea brand but this sales campaign on its face seems unbalanced. As in we are being overlooked, to put it mildly and simply.

How about Silversea giving us a freebie benefits boost too? Does RC know or care? Do chime in…

Happy and healthy sailing!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, markham said:

What status match will Silversea offer those of us who have already sailed 200+ days with Silversea but not quite 250 days? 

It seems to me that as far as revenues earned by Silversea and access to Silversea benefits at the 250+ days threshold are concerned we are not being treated fairly. I know it’s all about marketing Silversea to other RC customers who don’t patronize the Silversea brand but this sales campaign on its face seems unbalanced. As in we are being overlooked, to put it mildly and simply.

How about Silversea giving us a freebie benefits boost too? Does RC know or care? Do chime in…

As you say, it is for enticing Celebrity passengers to try Silversea. SS clients just have to grin and bear the inequity of it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, markham said:

I agree with you, and I say that having just benefited from the status match with Celebrity.  

• Like 1

As a long term Silversea Guest I suspect that in reality Silversea now only exists as a Brand Name within RCL and therefore there will be no one actually looking out for the specific Silversea Guest and their thoughts on any given Promotion. The old Silversea hierachy have long gone and whilst there may be Regional Managers/Venetian Society etc they all appear to be singing to the RCL Hymn Sheet.

I hope I am wrong in my thoughts but the evidence coming from Onshore & Ships seems to confirm this view.

• Like 5

18 hours ago, Mayflower1 said:

As a long term Silversea Guest I suspect that in reality Silversea now only exists as a Brand Name within RCL and therefore there will be no one actually looking out for the specific Silversea Guest and their thoughts on any given Promotion. The old Silversea hierachy have long gone and whilst there may be Regional Managers/Venetian Society etc they all appear to be singing to the RCL Hymn Sheet.

I hope I am wrong in my thoughts but the evidence coming from Onshore & Ships seems to confirm this view.

I am in the process booking a future cruise through my travel agent. Due to the status match, I now have the equivalent venetians society rating of 250 days. I therefore asked for the 10% discount that level offers. Silversea came back to my travel agent advising I am not eligible for 10%, just 5% for my 100+ days level.  

Why offer status matching if it is going to ignored?

“The Celebrity status match will have nothing to do with this Silversea voyage.

Her VS savings have been applied based on the Venetian Society loyalty program.

If she was to travel on Celebrity, then her Celebrity benefits would apply to that booking.

The status match will only affect her if she had not travelled with one of our brands (Celebrity , or RCL ), then she would have a match of status on that brand and receive the benefits offered by that brand on that voyage.’”

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Port Power said:

I am in the process booking a future cruise through my travel agent. Due to the status match, I now have the equivalent venetians society rating of 250 days. I therefore asked for the 10% discount that level offers. Silversea came back to my travel agent advising I am not eligible for 10%, just 5% for my 100+ days level.  

Why offer status matching if it is going to ignored?

“The Celebrity status match will have nothing to do with this Silversea voyage.

If she was to travel on Celebrity, then her Celebrity benefits would apply to that booking.

The status match will only affect her if she had not travelled with one of our brands (Celebrity , or RCL ), then she would have a match of status on that brand and receive the benefits offered by that brand on that voyage.’”

Sounds like complete gobbledygook. Have they no comprehension of the damage they’re doing? No wonder so many SS regulars are switching to other lines. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, DavyWavey70 said:

Sounds like complete gobbledygook. Have they no comprehension of the damage they’re doing? No wonder so many SS regulars are switching to other lines. 

I have gone ahead and booked the 2027 World Cruise on Silver Dawn.  To my surprise, the invoice came through with a further almost $10,000 Venetian Society savings from yesterday’s holding quote.  Maybe someone did their homework?

• Like 7

Posted (edited)

10 hours ago, Port Power said:

The Celebrity status match will have nothing to do with this Silversea voyage.

Sounds like a misunderstanding to me, or your TA's question was interpreted incorrectly. But, once they processed the booking and had your VS#, the discount came through as expected, because the status match had been processed and it was tied to your VS number.

My interpretation of that response is that they (SS) thought that you were asking about a status match which had given you a higher CELEBRITY status, rather than a status match based on your Celebrity status, which gave you a higher Venetian Society status. Thus their response basically says, "We don't care if she got a status match on Celebrity - it's her VS status that counts." That makes sense to me.

In other words, if you got a status match which bumped your Celebrity status higher, Silversea wouldn't care about that and likely wouldn't match that. You generally can't do repeated sequential status matches - if program A gives you higher status on B, you usually can't try to use that higher status on B to get a second status match on C.

For example: last year, Ponant offered a status match based on my Silversea/Venetian status. If some other cruise line were to now offer a status match, it is likely that they wouldn't accept my high Ponant status as a basis for the status match (because it wasn't earned). But they would accept my Silversea/Venetian status (because it WAS earned). To qualify for the Ponant match I had to provide a VS statement showing that I'd earned that status by sailing.

Another real life example: I have elite status on DL (SkyTeam) and used that to get a status match w Singapore Air (Star Alliance) a few months ago. Singapore Air wanted a SkyMiles statement from DL so that they could see HOW I earned that status - and to make sure I earned it from actually flying, rather than through some kind of status match.

Edited by jpalbny
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)
On 7/15/2024 at 11:06 AM, Port Power said:

As you say, it is for enticing Celebrity passengers to try Silversea. SS clients just have to grin and bear the inequity of it.

I'm just envisioning the conversations at Venetian Society receptions. 

Captain: "And Mr. and Mrs. X have 350 days.  When did you first start cruising with Silversea?"

Mr. and Mrs. X: "Oh, this is our first time!" 

😁

Edited by Dolcevita Diva
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, jpalbny said:

Sounds like a misunderstanding to me, or your TA's question was interpreted incorrectly. But, once they processed the booking and had your VS#, the discount came through as expected, because the status match had been processed and it was tied to your VS number.

My interpretation of that response is that they (SS) thought that you were asking about a status match which had given you a higher CELEBRITY status, rather than a status match based on your Celebrity status, which gave you a higher Venetian Society status. Thus their response basically says, "We don't care if she got a status match on Celebrity - it's her VS status that counts." That makes sense to me.

You may well be right that my TA worded the request unclearly.  Nevertheless, the printed quote from Silversea yesterday, which also had my VS number on it, has had a further almost $10,000 dollars VS discount applied today.  I agree that the status match information must have caught up when the actual booking was processed.  In the end, I am one happy cruiser! 🤩

I guess I am now an example that the status match system does actually work.  

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

I can now confirm that Silversea has applied a straight 10% discount to the total fare, listed as 'Venetian Society savings'.   I am still very happy.  

Edited by Port Power
  • Like 3

I can provide another data point. I have almost 100 earned days in the VS and received a status match off 500 days because of my Zenith status on Celebrity. I booked an Alaska sailing last week on the Silver Moon and received a 10% discount followed by an additional 5% off due to the sailing being a VS sailing. All done through my TA who does not book very much with Silversea. The discounts appeared when my VS number was used. 

• Like 4

My earlier thoughts appear to be progressing as my TA advises that The London Office, which was dealing with the UK & Europe, has been decimated and in future will only deal with new Reservations - any query has to be directed to The Philippines which is proving a challenge.

I now fear the end of Silversea as we previously knew it.

• Like 1

On 7/17/2024 at 5:57 AM, Dolcevita Diva said:

I'm just envisioning the conversations at Venetian Society receptions. 

Captain: "And Mr. and Mrs. X have 350 days.  When did you first start cruising with Silversea?"

Mr. and Mrs. X: "Oh, this is our first time!" 

😁

I thought the same thing.    We are Double Zenith on Celebrity and matched at VS 500 Days and have never sailed.

When we status Matched for our first Ponant Cruise... we were invited to their top level cocktail party and that was really the only benefit we received and an OBC.   Our friends who have been sailing Ponant for years were rather put out that we had higher status than they had. 

• Like 2

Hi all!  We are loyal to Royal cruisers and have booked our first Silversea cruise and am glad for the status match but I absolutely would not expect to get a free cruise out of it. In fact, I am just hoping for the laundry perk and that we'll love Silversea as much as you all do and sail with them again and again. I have a friend on her first Silversea right now and her posts make me think we will.

Good luck.  As a first timer on SS, you will probably find it amazing.  But as long time cruisers, we are taking our business elsewhere. Our Silversea cruise last October was a shadow of its former self.  The staff were undertrained (not their fault but certainly the guests' problem) Food was not the same quality and the included shore excursions were a joke, I'm not going to go on, but suffice it to say that our money is going elsewhere as we try a b2b on Seabourn in a few weeks.   @CruisingCaribbean

• Like 2

We too are long time Silversea cruisers looking at other lines for the first time in about 15 years. After disappointing experiences on the Nova and Muse, we'll do the Endeavour and Shadow cruises we have booked in the next few months, but have booked Explora, new Crystal and Regent for 2025. On our Muse and especially Nova cruises, those new to Silversea were mostly happy, but Silversea veterans were  disappointed.

• Like 2

Hello, any suggestions on securing status match?

I called about three weeks ago. Was told it would take 7-10 days. Called again and emailed 7/25. Was told 3 more days. Only response to email was auto generated. 

called again on 7/31. Said email address did not match. Need another day or two. 
called 8/3 now on hold 40 minutes. 

sail on 8/12 leaving home 8/8

Anyone else in the same situation?

thanks for any info 

Steve