Are Your Plans Flexible?

Just received an email from Celebrity in regard to canceling our upcoming sailing on Edge out of Seattle.  Here’s the deal:

Your Offer

Cancel your sailing and receive a 100% refund PLUS a 100% Future Cruise Credit (FCC).

What you'll receive:

• Celebrity Cruises® will fully refund your current booking on Celebrity Edge.
  • PLUS, a Future Cruise Credit (FCC) valued at 100% of the cruise fare paid on your current booking to book an alternative sailing departing by July 26, 2025.
    • If you used a Future Cruise Credit (FCC) on this sailing, we'll refund any NEW funds paid above the certificate amount and we'll issue a new certificate.

We'll also reimburse you for any non-refundable, pre-purchased travel expenses (e.g. hotel, flight) you may have incurred. You can expect to receive any refunds to your original form of payment within 14 business days after we update your travels. Kindly note, refund times may vary depending on your financial institution.

This is the 3rd time we’ve booked this cruise (first two were doing Covid and just after) and we’d really like to take it.  Tempting offer though…. 😉

18 minutes ago, Galaxy2004 said:

Unless once in a lifetime chance, I'll take a free rescheduled cruise!

Sadly just nothing else to put in its place and DH can’t switch vacation time easily (law enforcement) and I’ve only got a few weeks and we have these looming medical appts that can’t be rescheduled.  Going to be a packed shop though.  Now, they could move me to retreat (they sent me another move up offer email yesterday but the $ are just silly.)

Just now, mrgabriel said:

I'd take it and go anywhere if Celebrity is paying. 

Yes but there really isn’t anything…I am open to suggestions…lol…we were flying Southwest so wouldn’t money for flights as those were points…hotel is too…the few I found in Europe that would work are like 30000.00 so that is a tad more than my 5000.00 future cruise credit.  Lol

22 minutes ago, cruisetonowhere10 said:

Yeah I would I’ve been to Alaska but DH hasn’t and there are some pending medical things that might pose an issue.  I’m a teacher so it’s kind of a travel now or not again until ???.

Use the refund to book a cruise for the same week on a different line. Use the FCC in the future on Celebrity.

• Like 14

They were offering 150% FCC for Eclipse 8/4/2024 cruise.

They must have a glitch in software and really overbooked on multiple cruises.

5 minutes ago, RichYak said:

Use the refund to book a cruise for the same week on a different line. Use the FCC in the future on Celebrity.

I can’t seem to find anything that fits that…either way more expensive or the dates don’t work or the cruises are booked.

5 minutes ago, LB_NJ said:

Seems like it…I’m pondering ideas but nothing is working..lol.

Take the cash and do a different vacation this year, a trip to Tennessee or New Orleans or Las Vegas and use the Future Cruise Credit for a different year. It is a free vacation. 🙂

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

I'd totally jump at that. Heck...if my TA were to say they were offering that for my upcoming ABC cruise, I'd be like "Yes, please!!"

Someone will take it to go has more flexibility.  Totally stinks but life is short and we have been reminded of that a few times recently. If I could find an acceptable replacement for the same days (or close as we have a dog sitter, vacation time taken) I would consider it.

Edited by cruisetonowhere10
Added
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ommadawn said:

Take the cash and do a different vacation this year, a trip to Tennessee or New Orleans or Las Vegas and use the Future Cruise Credit for a different year. It is a free vacation. 🙂

This! OP needs to think outside the box. They were given a winning lottery ticket.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, RichYak said:

This! OP needs to think outside the box. They were given a winning lottery ticket.

Ha ha!  Feels like it.  DH has never been on a cruise…this was the first and like I mentioned we’ve canceled it a few times.  And we had a cruddy year so far and need a no thinking relaxing vacation.  Unfortunately it needs to fit into the timeline we have.  

4 hours ago, cruisetonowhere10 said:

Just received an email from Celebrity in regard to canceling our upcoming sailing on Edge out of Seattle.  Here’s the deal:

Your Offer

Cancel your sailing and receive a 100% refund PLUS a 100% Future Cruise Credit (FCC).

What you'll receive:

• Celebrity Cruises® will fully refund your current booking on Celebrity Edge.
  • PLUS, a Future Cruise Credit (FCC) valued at 100% of the cruise fare paid on your current booking to book an alternative sailing departing by July 26, 2025.
    • If you used a Future Cruise Credit (FCC) on this sailing, we'll refund any NEW funds paid above the certificate amount and we'll issue a new certificate.

We'll also reimburse you for any non-refundable, pre-purchased travel expenses (e.g. hotel, flight) you may have incurred. You can expect to receive any refunds to your original form of payment within 14 business days after we update your travels. Kindly note, refund times may vary depending on your financial institution.

This is the 3rd time we’ve booked this cruise (first two were doing Covid and just after) and we’d really like to take it.  Tempting offer though…. 😉

If you didn't know, most airlines no longer charge change fees or cancellation fees if you didn't book the "basic" fare.  If you cancel these flights, you'll receive an airline credit and a refund from X

17 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

If you didn't know, most airlines no longer charge change fees or cancellation fees if you didn't book the "basic" fare.  If you cancel these flights, you'll receive an airline credit and a refund from X

We are flying SWA on points so would go into our points bank so no worries on that end.

Just now, NMTraveller said:

Two vacations for the price of one.  I would take it ...  

Yeah, I know.  I just can’t come up with anything as great to do during the same dates.  Literally everything is either a)booked or b)crazy $. I looked at flying to Europe but by the time I book flights I’ve eaten through most of the $ so then what?!  It’s just not the deal for me this time.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, LB_NJ said:

Great deal but also scary.. what if not enough folks take the offer,.?  Will they bump booked cruisers?