JH hints again that changes to loyalty program changes are coming

2 hours ago, jsglow said:

I get a nosebleed if I'm down $20. I avoid nosebleeds.

That's a shame. For $5 more you could get a free cabin. 🙂

• Haha 5

On 7/18/2024 at 9:41 AM, Old Fart Cruisers said:

You can now use your ONE free drink per cruise at any time on Carnival.  WOW!  On Royal, you get 4 free drinks per day at just 80 days and 5 free drink per day at 175 days.

Giving Diamonds two times stateroom service would be nice. Do not like coming back to our cabin at night with an unmade bed and towels on the floor in the toilet

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Micahs Grandad said:

Giving Diamonds two times stateroom service would be nice. Do not like coming back to our cabin at night with an unmade bed and towels on the floor in the toilet

not a bad idea.

3 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

not a bad idea.

Not going to happen though. They were sneaky first offering a choice morning and night and new cruises had no experience and did not care. Than they were able to decide twice was not necessary.

Only us old timers remember the luxury of cruising.'/these days cruise mostly on Princess which still has 2x stateroom service as standard.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Micahs Grandad said:

Not going to happen though. They were sneaky first offering a choice morning and night and new cruises had no experience and did not care. Than they were able to decide twice was not necessary.

Only us old timers remember the luxury of cruising.'/these days cruise mostly on Princess which still has 2x stateroom service as standard.

Celebrity does as well.  Yes.... we can remember long ago.  Have not seen you in a good while.

Edited by jimbo5544
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Celebrity does as well.  Yes.... we can remember long ago.  Have not seen you in a good while.

5  plus years ago decided we wanted to see the world, did one on Princess and hooked and with longer cruises got to Elite pretty quickly. Did Horizon last month with kids and grandkids. Great for the little ones but for us back to Princess.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Micahs Grandad said:

5  plus years ago decided we wanted to see the world, did one on Princess and hooked and with longer cruises got to Elite pretty quickly. Did Horizon last month with kids and grandkids. Great for the little ones but for us back to Princess.

enjoy

4 hours ago, Joebucks said:

Another successful loyalty thread. Spending $2500-$5000 on a vacation and get the most fired up about a $10 benefit, and a gambling civil war.

Think of much fun it will be once the new plan comes out.

• Haha 4

28 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Think of much fun it will be once the new plan comes out.

That will depend on just how "brilliant" the new changes are 😉 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, n6uqqq said:

That will depend on just how "brilliant" the new changes are 😉 

I can virtually guaranty that no matter what it is or is not, it will most certainly have high exposure here.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

I can virtually guaranty that no matter what it is or is not, it will most certainly have high exposure here.

You're not wrong 😄 

• Haha 1

We were on the Spirit to Alaska from 7/16-7/23/24. My husband tried to get his free drink on 7/21. The bartender said no way, customer service said no way, and the customer service supervisor said absolutely not! Because our ship sailed before the change to get your free drink any time, it was not in effect yet. She said the change would not go into effect until our next cruise. Since we had a behind the fun excursion booked on the ship, and missed the Seaday brunch, my husband got screwed out of his free drink. What a great way to take a perk that should be available snytime during the cruise and turn into a major hassle. 

• Like 1

On 7/27/2024 at 3:38 PM, Illbcruzn4life said:

don't think we have played bingo on a ship since our first one in 1991! Got sucked in as a newbie lol!

Not a fan myself, but Ic an tell you they are not all newbies....

42 minutes ago, Linsuesue said:

We were on the Spirit to Alaska from 7/16-7/23/24. My husband tried to get his free drink on 7/21. The bartender said no way, customer service said no way, and the customer service supervisor said absolutely not! Because our ship sailed before the change to get your free drink any time, it was not in effect yet. She said the change would not go into effect until our next cruise. Since we had a behind the fun excursion booked on the ship, and missed the Seaday brunch, my husband got screwed out of his free drink. What a great way to take a perk that should be available snytime during the cruise and turn into a major hassle. 

Was it worth the hassle?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Gold, Platinum and Diamond VIFP members: your complimentary Welcome Aboard Beverage perk is now easier to enjoy! You can now enjoy it in any venue of your choice once on board — your first beverage is automatically on us, all you have to do is order. And, before you ask, of course it can be non-alcoholic!
Cheers, everybody!

image.png.343fed882ae234a6d230f2d7d67c5b51.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, weezal said:

Gold, Platinum and Diamond VIFP members: your complimentary Welcome Aboard Beverage perk is now easier to enjoy! You can now enjoy it in any venue of your choice once on board — your first beverage is automatically on us, all you have to do is order. And, before you ask, of course it can be non-alcoholic!
Cheers, everybody!

image.png.343fed882ae234a6d230f2d7d67c5b51.png

Some complained and Carnival changed. Some still complain. Business as usual. I'm a little surprised Carnival even bothers to try.

• Like 1

Has there been any word if they’re changing the amount of days to hit the next level? Turning Platinum in January, and wasn’t sure if that will change!