Unlimited dining…NOT!!!

3 hours ago, dreamer321 said:

The "lunch only on sea days" has been in the terms and conditions at least since December 2023 when I booked unlimited specialty for my upcoming Transatlantic cruise. That includes 12 dinners and lunch for 9 sea days. I paid $520 + gratuity for all those meals which works out to 12 dinners at $33 each and 9 lunches at $14 each so quite a bargain for me.

That’s per person, right?  If we didn’t cruise  in Aqua and eat in Blu, it would be a good deal.  I wish one restaurant was open for lunch EVERY day of the cruise, even on port days.

1 hour ago, zitsky said:

That’s per person, right?  If we didn’t cruise  in Aqua and eat in Blu, it would be a good deal.  I wish one restaurant was open for lunch EVERY day of the cruise, even on port days.

Yes, per person so double it for a couple.  I'm a solo passenger so that's what I paid.

On 7/26/2024 at 7:36 PM, zitsky said:

You should call it the Limited package.  Because that’s what it is.

Specialty dining was always for dinner...Adding the lunches in on sea days, is a great thing...Call it whatever you want, but the rules are clear....Agree with others. a good deal

Just now, Hawkstar33 said:

Specialty dining was always for dinner...Adding the lunches in on sea days, is a great thing...Call it whatever you want, but the rules are clear....Agree with others. a good deal

On a 12 day cruise does an UNLIMITED package cover dinner on all nights?  Why can’t we call it “Unlimited DINNER plus maybe we’ll give you lunch”?

On 7/27/2024 at 2:27 PM, hcat said:

Just call it  "Deluxe Specialty Dining Package" .&  get  over it!

Wasn't it called the Ultimate dining package at some point - so not unlimited.  Or am I confused with RCCL?

12 hours ago, zitsky said:

One is.  Sushi on 5.  But then I think you knew that.

1 hour ago, zitsky said:

On a 12 day cruise does an UNLIMITED package cover dinner on all nights?  Why can’t we call it “Unlimited DINNER plus maybe we’ll give you lunch”?

OMG - You need to move on.........

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

Thank you to everyone who commented on this thread. I certainly learned a lot from this experience. We primarily cruise Royal Caribbean and are very used to the unlimited dining package they offer which is unlimited provided the venue is open. I assumed Celebrity followed the same rules as RCL and that is not the case. This recent cruise on Celebrity was in a Sky Suite, previously we cruised in RS. So this was our first experience with the dining package. RS rules follow the RCL. We also paid a lot more than the $$ posted here. So I guess it stung even more when we could not eat on a port day to a restaurant that was open. I know better now and will not make the same mistake again. I also agree the name of this package needs to change and I gave that feedback to Celebrity. We still love to cruise, had a great time on our cruise despite this issue and we will still cruise with Celebrity in the future.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dos Enchie said:

....his recent cruise on Celebrity was in a Sky Suite, previously we cruised in RS. So this was our first experience with the dining package. RS rules follow the RCL. We also paid a lot more than the $$ posted here. So I guess it stung even more when we could not eat on a port day to a restaurant that was open....

You didn't dine in Luminae for lunch on port days?

On 7/26/2024 at 6:36 PM, zitsky said:

You should call it the Limited package.  Because that’s what it is.

So by your definition, “unlimited” must mean all hours of the day, too? Specialty restaurants may not close at all, because how is that “unlimited?” 

3 hours ago, TeeRick said:

Wasn't it called the Ultimate dining package at some point - so not unlimited.  Or am I confused with RCCL?

I recall it being called Ultimate.

3 hours ago, OrtonPark said:

So by your definition, “unlimited” must mean all hours of the day, too? Specialty restaurants may not close at all, because how is that “unlimited?” 

Meals are usually breakfast, lunch and dinner.  How many meals do you eat?

Some cabins like Retreat can order room service for free.  Does anyone know how many times you can order in 24 hours?

What is the problem with calling things what they are?

On 7/25/2024 at 6:58 PM, zitsky said:

So y’all have no problem with Celebrity calling something unlimited then saying it’s not unlimited?  Do we want to see that all over the ship? “The OVC is open 24 hours a day but only between 7am to midnight.”

I have unlimited access to my gym but only in hours when it’s operational. If the venues are closed then those are non-operational times. 

SMH 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Water_Baby_ said:

I have unlimited access to my gym but only in hours when it’s operational. If the venues are closed then those are non-operational times. 

SMH 

I get your point.  Do they say you have access between 7am to 7pm but not between 12 and 1pm?  Celebrity should just call it a dinner plan and be done with it.

Celebrity clearly defines the dining package I am purchasing at the time of my purchase.  What I get and don't get.  Where I get it.  When I get it.  What are my exceptions.  I just read the rules like everything else I purchase.  And decide.  It doesn't matter what they call it.  Unlimited.  Almost Unlimited.  Limited.  I agree that in some other areas Celebrity is less clear or ambiguous.  Not in this case.

• Like 4

On 7/23/2024 at 10:05 PM, zitsky said:

Can you please explain what the word unlimited means?

indefinite (AKA unknown, AKA unspecified, AKA vague, AKA uncertain, AKA unclear, AKA unsure, AKA undecided, AKA undetermined, AKA, indetermined, ... )

On 7/23/2024 at 11:59 PM, cruising.mark.uk said:

Actually, it's probably more relevant to ask what the word 'dining' means.  It refers to the main meal of the day, normally taken in the evening, i.e. dinner.  So, it seems to me that this package does offer unlimited dining.  And as a bonus it also throws in limited 'lunching', i.e. on sea days.

... It depends on a location, perhaps.  Where I came from (33 years ago) dining (the main meal of the day) is officially what you described as lunching (at noon).

50 minutes ago, kirtihk said:

indefinite (AKA unknown, AKA unspecified, AKA vague, AKA uncertain, AKA unclear, AKA unsure, AKA undecided, AKA undetermined, AKA, indetermined, ... )

Unlimited Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster

: lacking any controls : unrestricted
unlimited access

unlimited possibilities

not bounded by exceptions undefined
the unlimited and unconditional surrender of the enemySir Winston Churchill
  • Haha 1

On 7/29/2024 at 12:41 PM, zitsky said:

.....Why can’t we call it “Unlimited DINNER plus maybe we’ll give you lunch”?

19 hours ago, zitsky said:

.....Celebrity should just call it a dinner plan and be done with it.

You really do need to make up your mind....even better, you really should bury this horse! 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hamrag said:

You really do need to make up your mind....even better, you really should bury this horse! 😉

Tell you what?  You get the VP of Marketing from Celebrity to apologize and I will.

Olive Garden still advertises unlimited breadsticks.   There are conditions but you don’t walk in and they say “we really meant three!”.

On 7/29/2024 at 9:17 AM, Dos Enchie said:

Luminae was closed for lunch on port days. We did have some very tasty lunches in OVC instead.

On port days I will have a burger in outdoor retreat if they have been revolutionized or I will wait to sushi at 5 to open.