Yet Another Shorex/Amenities Flash Sale Starting Tomorrow

mahdnc

On 7/24/2024 at 12:34 PM, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Doesnt apply to November 2025 TA 😢

But there always the Black Friday in November with hopefully bigger discount after the raise the non sale price 😉

Agree... just looked and same 5-15% discounts that have been there for 6 months plus.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Agree... just looked and same 5-15% discounts that have been there for 6 months plus.

Our Nov TA 2024 starts on the 21st so hopefully the Black Friday sale will started by than , not that there is much we will need on that cruise 

Also I will check on pricing for the Nov TA in 2025 at that time 

Edited by Ex-Airbalancer

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Our Nov TA 2024 starts on the 21st so hopefully the Black Friday sale will started by than 

Also I will check on pricing for the Nov TA in 2025 at that time 

Have you seen any price movement.    We originally booked a CS and right after the elimination of Tips -  The price of a Royal dropped to only $350 more than a CS but we lost tips and $1,800 OBC... Once calculated it was a great deal since the price was originally $6,000 more for a RS. 

Edited by Jim_Iain

10 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Have you seen any price movement.    We booked a RS about 18+ months ago and there has never been one open since for checking prices.

We on the Equinox TA in ‘24 , book in Oct when they had a sale , cruise only price of $50 USD pp a night in a balcony ,with enough OBC to cover tips ,  the best sale was at Black Friday they had some stuff at 50% off 

We just book the Equinox Nov TA in ‘25 on Sunday , $130 USD pp a night with drinks and wifi , with a bunch of OBC , our reservation hasn’t shown up to take a look what’s on sale 

See that ours is still included.  Will wait to see if anything we have booked has improved.

Previous sale experience says that any sales on shorex is strictly dynamic pricing.  The popular stuff has nearly no discount.  Oddball stuff goes cheaper.  Next sale always carries the same trend forward, with perhaps a few that are getting more heavily subscribed being discounted less than they were before.  Never see it go the other way.

First time Celebrity Cruiser… how often do these flash sales pop up? We’ve got an October cruise that is included in the sale. Looking at a couple excursions. Those experienced with Celebrity, do the excursion prices go down closer to the sailing date or do they go up? Thank you!

2 hours ago, LadyJake said:

First time Celebrity Cruiser… how often do these flash sales pop up? We’ve got an October cruise that is included in the sale. Looking at a couple excursions. Those experienced with Celebrity, do the excursion prices go down closer to the sailing date or do they go up? Thank you!

If you buy a excursion and the price goes down you can reprice it 

2 hours ago, Pushka said:

Celebrity doesn't like giving flash sales to Japan cruises I see. Again. 

Not true. I had price reductions of up to 40% happen on our Japan cruise this past May.  I had five excursions booked and managed to get discounts greater than my Elite discount on all five of them by watching for sales.  Three of them were 'sold out' so I cancelled my current booking, watched the OBC return to my account, and then rebooked the same excursion.  

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

If you buy a excursion and the price goes down you can reprice it 

I know this is the Celebrity side of the family, but just a warning against doing this on the Silversea site to anyone thinking of ever doing so... They have an electronic wait list system there, and if you cancel an excursion, and there's a wait list because it's already full, someone else just got your slots!

I did this not to reprice anything, but to change time slot from 11:00 am to 10:00 am.  Like many of these systems, they won't let you book overlapping activities, so if the durations would cause an overlap, you have to cancel one before booking another.  But you won't know for sure if there are enough slots available, if any, for the alternate time slot until you've already cancelled.  So you can easily lose your ability to reserve either slot!  Never use the online system and leave yourself open to that - work over the phone with Shorex to sort out changes after booking.

Edited by canderson
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DaKahuna said:

Not true. I had price reductions of up to 40% happen on our Japan cruise this past May.  I had five excursions booked and managed to get discounts greater than my Elite discount on all five of them by watching for sales.  Three of them were 'sold out' so I cancelled my current booking, watched the OBC return to my account, and then rebooked the same excursion.  

It seems to be date based. Nothing so far for Sakura season and I keep checking. Obsessively. Later cruises in summer seem fine. 

Strange that there's another flash sale just a few days after the previous one ended. Although I wonder if it's related to a potential glitch they had on Sunday which was supposed to be the last day of the previous flash sale - I went to purchase a drinks package on Sunday and despite the sale supposedly not ending for another 12 hours, the prices had gone back up to the fairly standard 20% off instead of the 35% off. 

I did call them a couple days later to ask if they could still honour the cheaper price because I'd tried to buy it during the sale but the sale price didn't show up for me. They said no, the terms and conditions state they can change the price at any time during the 'sale'! 

But lo and behold, a day later they repeat the flash sale, so I've taken advantage of it before it disappears again!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Susanb10567 said:

My cruise for next June does not have any increased sales.

And when they do have a “sale” the sale price is a reduction of the highest possible price they charge.  Sometimes the Black Friday or other such sales will net a better overall cost.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Liao said:

And when they do have a “sale” the sale price is a reduction of the highest possible price they charge.  Sometimes the Black Friday or other such sales will net a better overall cost.

Discounts always have to be based upon some stake in the ground, and "list price" (what you'd pay without any discount) is almost always that stake.  Nothing new there.

• 1 month later...