Is Princess PLUS worth it for me personally?

7 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

I don’t know if you would want this for your son, but there is an unlimited soda package that also includes mocktails for a daily charge. 

Thanks. I'll be considering it, but doubt it would prove economic vs buying the odd fountain soda, as he tends to self-regulate how much he has in a day. Will see though.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, reedprincess said:

Yup, it's lovely that Princess doesn't require it for all passengers, regardless.

The third passenger will be charged daily crew appreciation, $17-19 depending on cabin type.  And of course, any drinks he may charge or wifi, etc is at cost, including eating at whatever casual dining or such.. 

Yes, and this is fine, but even accounting for the tips I'll still have c.£36 per day to play with on the other thing before the package would break even. Wifi-wise he'll most likely use my allowance on the occasion that he'd want to use it, as we tend not to bother with the internet when we're away. 

For me it's just very refreshing to see a cruise line not taking every opportunity to extract additional money from their younger guests (or more accurately their parents). 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Karen Lynn said:

We have the Plus pkg - is Premier worth the upgrade ? Has anyone seen (and I will dig deeper here too ) a list of the wines /spirits in each ? Specialty coffees included ?

Many thanks !

Before they offered the new Premier package that now includes unlimited SD, I would have said no way. Considering that you can now eat at a specialty restaurant every night (providing you can get reservations) I give it a big thumbs up. The additional cost is easily justified by the better food, that is if you can handle eating large meals for dinner every night.

Most of the other items given with the package to us are all fluff.

Who needs unlimited desserts and alcohol. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, memoak said:

Except that the drink only packages are more expensive that

n the actual plus package. Then the would still have to pay for CA and Wi-Fi 

or not ... if they don't want to

and again, one person in the cabin can buy - both don't have to

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/11/2024 at 10:15 PM, Treasure Hunter said:

I was just on the Island in June so perhaps the smaller ship was easier. We will be on the Enchanted on September 28 and you have me nervous. I might have to go to the second show if the first one is nuts.

we were on sold out Enchanted cruises in Nov (thanksgiving) and June, and never had a problem with getting 5 seats in our most desirable location 30 minutes prior to the show. 

The Premier seats were all in the aisle - probably for older people (you know, emergencies and stuff). My parents loved having the aisle seats... I, on the other hand, am all about symmetry and strongly prefer seats in the middle and farther from the stage.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy

I've been weighing the plus package versus just going with the standard. We aren't drinkers but the prepaid grats and wifi would be the main reason I looked at it. The reason I don't see it being for us is because two people in the cabin have to purchase it and it only includes 2 wifi plans. We will be traveling with our teen/young adult kids in our cabin and both of them will need wifi so besides purchasing the 2 plus packages, we would have to purchase wifi for each of them at $25 per day.

I know the premier package has wifi for 4 devices, but since we aren't drinking alcohol, I really can't justify it.

2 minutes ago, Ideb said:

I've been weighing the plus package versus just going with the standard. We aren't drinkers but the prepaid grats and wifi would be the main reason I looked at it. The reason I don't see it being for us is because two people in the cabin have to purchase it and it only includes 2 wifi plans. We will be traveling with our teen/young adult kids in our cabin and both of them will need wifi so besides purchasing the 2 plus packages, we would have to purchase wifi for each of them at $25 per day.

I know the premier package has wifi for 4 devices, but since we aren't drinking alcohol, I really can't justify it.

You can book plus for yourselves and then once on board you can change one to a 4 device plan not premier   The other issue is how many non alcoholic drinks the teens will want to drink every day

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, memoak said:

You can book plus for yourselves and then once on board you can change one to a 4 device plan not premier   The other issue is how many non alcoholic drinks the teens will want to drink every day

I didn't know you could change the wifi to 4 devices on the plus plan. They are both fine with tea, juice and lemonade. They rarely drink soda, so if I bring a few with us or just buy a can or two if they decide they want one, that would be enough. We might buy one specialty coffee per cruise. 

26 minutes ago, Ideb said:

I didn't know you could change the wifi to 4 devices on the plus plan. They are both fine with tea, juice and lemonade. They rarely drink soda, so if I bring a few with us or just buy a can or two if they decide they want one, that would be enough. We might buy one specialty coffee per cruise. 

Yes my wife always goes from the one device to 4 device on her plus once on board because she gets tired of going back and forth   

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Karen Lynn said:

We have the Plus pkg - is Premier worth the upgrade ? Has anyone seen (and I will dig deeper here too ) a list of the wines /spirits in each ? Specialty coffees included ?

Many thanks !

Maybe? 

Will you want to eat at specialty restaurants most nights? Unlimited casual?

Unlimited drinks (at a higher cap)? Unlimited photos? Princess Prizes entry? Reserved seating for production shows? 4 device WiFi?? 

Specialty coffees are included in both packages, unlimited..same for all non-alcoholic beverages.. 

Only you know if the differences are with the upgrade to you . To US, it's a no brainer for the unlimited drinks and specialty dining. For others, not at all .

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ideb said:

Did you remembe how much it cost?

@Ideb  After I posted above, I tested the upgrade to the 4 device plan on my next trip and the cost was $220 for 11 days, so $20 a day.  It was $10 for elite.  I do have the plus package.

This price makes sense because the internet cost ala carte is $24.99 per day for one and $44.99 per day for 4.

Edited by t&atravel
  • Like 1