Can I fill water bottle on Indy

I am wondering if it is possible to fill a travel water bottle (refillable/yeti type) with water and/or ice onboard Indy.  

If so, where are the fill stations located and when are they open?  During mealtimes only or outside of this?  Is it the same with iced tea/lemonade?

We are weighing out the drink packages and neither of us drink alcohol and very little pop but water would be needed for sure.

Thank you

4 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Anywhere that has water available can be used to fill bottles, just not directly. They want you to use their cups to transfer from the urn to your bottle.

Thank you.  And how accessible are these areas - are they open all the time or just during meals?  Same for the iced tea and lemonade?  Eg - are the areas with water available in Windjammer only?
We haven't cruised since just before covid hit and never on Indy

Thank you so much

9 minutes ago, mom2two2 said:

Thank you.  And how accessible are these areas - are they open all the time or just during meals?  Same for the iced tea and lemonade?  Eg - are the areas with water available in Windjammer only?
We haven't cruised since just before covid hit and never on Indy

Thank you so much

There should be soda machines in the Promenade that are available 24/7 where you can fill your Yeti with ice, and ice water dispensers in the Cafe Promenade or Sorrentos (also in the promenade) where you can get a glass to fill the Yeti with water. Any time the WJ is open, you can hand the empty Yeti to one of the staff at the water/juice station and they will fill it with ice water for you (they actually prefer you do it that way rather than emptying a bunch of glasses of water and then leaving the empty glasses for them yo clean up).

You can also get a glass of ice water from any open bar.

I do exactly the same for water or coffee.   Fill paper cup from machine, transfer to portable coffee mug or bottle.  Simple.  

Never, ever fill directly from spigot with your personal mug or bottle.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think the water from the tap in your cabin is purified and is the same as you would get at a public fill station.  Maybe others can comment here.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

The question of "When are these places open?" wasn't really answered: 

- Windjammer, the big buffet, is open at mealtimes but will close for a couple hours between meals.  They will always offer water, lemonade and iced tea -- sometimes fruit punch.  

- The Promenade Cafe is open 24/7 -- they have self-serve water containers but not ice.  Usually just water.  You can probably get ice from the nearby Freestyle Coke machine (even if you don't have a soda package, it'll serve you ice).  

- Sorrento's Pizza opens maybe 11:00 am and stays open until after midnight.  Again, usually just self-serve water containers and close enough to get ice from the Freestyle Coke Machine.  

Other thoughts: 

- It'd be smart to bring a wide-mouth bottle -- easier to fill.  

- If you don't drink alcohol and drink only a little soda, a package won't serve you well. 

- Remember you can bring 12 non-alcoholic beverages with you when you board.  You'll see a fair number of people carrying a 12-pack of sodas. 

Edited by Mum2Mercury
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

I think the water from the tap in your cabin is purified and is the same as you would get at a public fill station.  Maybe others can comment here.

The tap in your cabin does not have the charcoal filter system that the machines do.  Years ago, after witnessing brown/yellow stinky water that came out of our bathroom sink tap for the first (and not last) time...I am brushing my teeth when it runs clear...but drink it?  Ummm......  🤢

• Like 1

We have been drinking cabin tap water for years.  It is purified and desalinated, and we think it tastes fine.  That is how I take my morning meds every day, before setting out.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, island lady said:

The tap in your cabin does not have the charcoal filter system that the machines do.  Years ago, after witnessing brown/yellow stinky water that came out of our bathroom sink tap for the first (and not last) time...I am brushing my teeth when it runs clear...but drink it?  Ummm......  🤢

I've never seen unhealthy tap water in the cabins. You should have reported that immediately.

• Like 5

Keep in mind most bars outdoors also keep a large container of ice water on the bartop for anyone to pour water into plastic cups (provided).  You can than transfer the water from the plastic cups to whatever vessel you choose.

10 hours ago, mom2two2 said:

I am wondering if it is possible to fill a travel water bottle (refillable/yeti type) with water and/or ice onboard Indy.  

If so, where are the fill stations located and when are they open?  During mealtimes only or outside of this?  Is it the same with iced tea/lemonade?

We are weighing out the drink packages and neither of us drink alcohol and very little pop but water would be needed for sure.

Thank you

Every cabin has a water supply and ice provided by attendant

14 minutes ago, cruisinfanatic said:

Every cabin has a water supply and ice provided by attendant

Yes.  

To be clear, ice is provided by the attendant upon request.  We always let our room steward know asap that we’ll want ice buckets every day in both of our rooms.  As an added bonus the ice buckets really help the “refrigerators” on the older ships get colder.  We place ours in there to help, like last month on the Liberty

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, The Fun Researcher said:

Yes.  

To be clear, ice is provided by the attendant upon request.  We always let our room steward know asap that we’ll want ice buckets every day in both of our rooms.  As an added bonus the ice buckets really help the “refrigerators” on the older ships get colder.  We place ours in there to help, like last month on the Liberty

First thing I do when I meet my room steward is let him know I’d like fresh ice every morning.  And ask for 1 then.   And tip him 10.00.  
And I also put it in the cooler so it lasts almost all day.   
I also bring crystal lite of my favorite flavors.      And every morning when I see my person they get a 5.00 tip and I get my ice.    

and I don’t follow the rules when filling in the buffet.    
no one cleans the button you have to push to get the water.  So why should you use and waste a clean glass.    Lol. But that’s just me.   
my big mouth yeti never touches the spout.    

• Like 1

19 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

I've never seen unhealthy tap water in the cabins. You should have reported that immediately.

I did.   It was some sort of pipe purging.  Yuck...looked like sewer water.   😬

19 hours ago, shipgeeks said:

We have been drinking cabin tap water for years.  It is purified and desalinated, and we think it tastes fine.  That is how I take my morning meds every day, before setting out.

Not all the water from your tap is the desalinated.  They only use that when they have to.  Most water is taken on from various ports.  It's the residual salt brine regulations that are tough for them to deal with.  

6 hours ago, island lady said:

Not all the water from your tap is the desalinated.  They only use that when they have to.  Most water is taken on from various ports.  It's the residual salt brine regulations that are tough for them to deal with.  

I solved the cabin water problem many years ago. I drink more beer and wine instead. Also gargle with whisky and swallow. 😇

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, doghog said:

I solved the cabin water problem many years ago. I drink more beer and wine instead. Also gargle with whisky and swallow. 😇

Another reason we always liked you!!!  Cheers my friend!   🍻

Oh wait...don't Dogs drink from the toilet?  😁🐕

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, island lady said:

Another reason we always liked you!!!  Cheers my friend!   🍻

Oh wait...don't Dogs drink from the toilet?  😁🐕

Not this old dog. Or not that I remember. However I used a funnel (beer bong) before.  🤣

Edited by doghog
  • Haha 2

On 7/31/2024 at 5:11 AM, island lady said:

It sure is. I'm sure Royal Caribbean as well as any other cruiseline would not trust a foreign port for quality drinking water

Apparently things have changed then?

An officer I talked to at one of the old original "meal with and officer" events told me they took on potable water at various ports, mostly due to limited areas to dump the residual salt brine.