Platinum status

CV1

Hi there, new to this forum. I'm very curious on when I will receive my Platinum status, I have a cruise coming up and I turn Platinum 2 day after embarkation. Anyone know? Thanks

2 minutes ago, CV1 said:

Hi there, new to this forum. I'm very curious on when I will receive my Platinum status, I have a cruise coming up and I turn Platinum 2 day after embarkation. Anyone know? Thanks

Not until completion of that cruise!

• Like 4

Ok thanks, that's kinda a bummer since it's a 10 day, it's different from Carnival, they make it official at the beginning of the cruise

15 minutes ago, CV1 said:

Ok thanks, that's kinda a bummer since it's a 10 day, it's different from Carnival, they make it official at the beginning of the cruise

Time for a 3-day weekend cruise somewhere. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

Are two dinners and a bag of laundry worth the cost of a 3 day cruise. 

• Haha 4

I turned gold over my last cruise and they sent up appetizers. (and I was on a shore excursion and had no idea how long they had been sitting out so I had to throw them away, LOL) I will hit platinum on the last day of my next cruise.

59 minutes ago, prov2727 said:

I turned gold over my last cruise and they sent up appetizers. (and I was on a shore excursion and had no idea how long they had been sitting out so I had to throw them away, LOL) I will hit platinum on the last day of my next cruise.

Appetizers for being gold??? I was on three cruises as gold and never got anything except water. (Not that I wanted anything, not even the water, but still...) 

8 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

That's exactly what we did.  We were 1 point from platinum and we had a 14-day cruise coming up, so we found a short one to push us over the edge.

6 hours ago, zqvol said:

Are two dinners and a bag of laundry worth the cost of a 3 day cruise. 

It's another cruise!  Of course it's worth it!  🤪

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Nilbog said:

That's exactly what we did.  We were 1 point from platinum and we had a 14-day cruise coming up, so we found a short one to push us over the edge.

It's another cruise!  Of course it's worth it!  🤪

Exactly. I’ll take another cruise any day. Moving up one status level is just icing on the cake! 😍🎂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/31/2024 at 10:17 AM, BirdTravels said:

I wish, but Im in Nebraska, I have to fly anywhere I want to cruise and the Alaska cruise is 30 days off, so nope, I'll just eat my sour grapes, lol

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, CV1 said:

I'll just eat my sour grapes, lol

I'll think of you when I munch on my chocolate covered strawberries on my first Platinum cruise next month. 😄 

For once I had excellent timing, getting to 75 points exactly after my latest cruise. Not that any of the perks really matter to me, but my non-Platinum daughter will appreciate my bag of laundry on the TA we both do in November/December. She's staying in Miami a couple of days after the cruise and is more picky about what she wears than I am. (To be honest, most people probably are...)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Asawi said:

I'll think of you when I munch on my chocolate covered strawberries on my first Platinum cruise next month. 😄 

We'll also be on our first Platinum cruise next month. But because it's a loop cruise having a couple of rotating embarkments in Barcelona and Rome (Civitawhatever), we will miss out on the Behind the Scenes tour and the Wines Around the World, as those slots will be filled before we board.

We'll still get two extra dinners and laundry...(and strawberries...even though they're now reportedly strawberry halves). But I guess it's something...

• Like 2