Apex vs. Beyond in a suite

mafig

Which would you take for a Caribbean cruise in January;

I haven't been on the X boards for a few months.  When I was last here, the threads were filled with complaints about noisy cabins on Beyond.  I don't see them much, if at all now.  Has the problem been fixed, or are we not allowed to talk about that anymore.

Also haven't been on Celebrity for a while.  We had a E-class booked that was cancelled because of Covid and I tried to get the same pricing for a suite, but to no avail.  So we might just bite the bullet and pay a little (a lot) more.

Depends on the itins

Not sure about APEX   but  know BEYOND has a great World Class Bar overlooking Martini Bar.. have not trIed APEX yet ( 2025)

If you are going for the ship, Beyond.   If itinerary either one that has the one you like.   

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 1

I have been on both 2-3 times.  If I had a choice of ships, most likely I would choose Beyond for a suite; however, both are very nice, but Beyond is a little larger and newer with a few more bells and whistles in the Retreat!

4 hours ago, mafig said:

Which would you take for a Caribbean cruise in January;

I haven't been on the X boards for a few months.  When I was last here, the threads were filled with complaints about noisy cabins on Beyond.  I don't see them much, if at all now.  Has the problem been fixed, or are we not allowed to talk about that anymore.

Also haven't been on Celebrity for a while.  We had a E-class booked that was cancelled because of Covid and I tried to get the same pricing for a suite, but to no avail.  So we might just bite the bullet and pay a little (a lot) more.

There were many complaints of noise in rooms on Beyond.  Choose your room carefully.  Or make sure you bring ear plugs or noise cancelling headphones just in case.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

Beyond has a larger retreat area, larger Sunset Bar too..both are very nice..

Does Beyond have also have more suites?

I think I prefer the Apex.  Beyond has more suites, one reason the sundeck is bigger.  I like the outside area in the lounge on the Apex.  We sat there a lot.  Beyond doesn’t have this.

Rollie

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

If sailing the Caribbean and if indifferent to the itineraries, I'd choose the Beyond for its larger and more expansive Retreat sundeck. Retreat lounge is also nicer with a slightly better layout.

Edited by Nado44

I have to admit I'm very surprised.

I recall so many threads talking about the noise issues on Beyond,  that I thought I would have more than one or so of those (thanks, Keesar).  

I had no idea that Apex was so different than Beyond.

2 hours ago, mafig said:

I recall so many threads talking about the noise issues on Beyond,  that I thought I would have more than one or so of those (thanks, Keesar)

I've been lurking this thread but since our only Celebrity experience was Beyond in April, I didn't feel qualified to comment. We were in sky suite 9168 and it was very noisy. We thoroughly enjoyed Beyond but we missed out on a lot of sleep. I would go with Apex or do a bunch of research before booking Beyond. We unfortunately didn't know about the noise issue before we booked. 

• Thanks 1