Forward cabin deck 3 Grandeur motion issues?

Tomorrow is final payment for my Grandeur cruise, and I'm still undecided about going - mostly because I don't want to risk a sea day in lieu of Labadee, but I have other questions too.

- My cabin is 3004, so very far forward.  I'm not especially prone to motion sickness, but will the combo of small ship and being that far forward mean I'll feel a LOT more movement than on the larger, newer ships?  (Hoping that if I do make the final pymt, some cabins might open up after final pymt - none in my category currently.)

- I've read so many terrible things about Grandeur lately from bedbugs (deck 3) to sewage smell (also deck 3) to bad food in the Windjammer (relative to Windjammer on other ships).  I'm not super picky but I'd be spending more time on the ship than usual since it's 9 days and only a max of 4 ports so it's more important that there aren't major issues. Any insights from those who have sailed the last few months, especially if on deck 3 which was supposedly the one with a couple issues?

thanks

9 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

I've sailed in cabin 4007 (Baltimore to Bermuda in early November 2013), 2518 (Baltimore to Bahamas in February 2020), and 2520 (Baltimore to Bahamas in November 2019) with no issues, but of course YMMV.

Thanks - I've never been this far forward and wanted to be sure it wasn't a crazy thing to book.

1 hour ago, RW_MI said:

Tomorrow is final payment for my Grandeur cruise, and I'm still undecided about going - mostly because I don't want to risk a sea day in lieu of Labadee, but I have other questions too.

- My cabin is 3004, so very far forward.  I'm not especially prone to motion sickness, but will the combo of small ship and being that far forward mean I'll feel a LOT more movement than on the larger, newer ships?  (Hoping that if I do make the final pymt, some cabins might open up after final pymt - none in my category currently.)

- I've read so many terrible things about Grandeur lately from bedbugs (deck 3) to sewage smell (also deck 3) to bad food in the Windjammer (relative to Windjammer on other ships).  I'm not super picky but I'd be spending more time on the ship than usual since it's 9 days and only a max of 4 ports so it's more important that there aren't major issues. Any insights from those who have sailed the last few months, especially if on deck 3 which was supposedly the one with a couple issues?

thanks

Of course there is more movement far forward on smaller ship. And if seas are rough it will become a LOT

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, RW_MI said:

thanks

You feel more movement on higher decks. Size and age differenz between Grandeur and other Royal ships is not essential for up and down movement. E.g. in the front of deck 16 on a much longer and higher ship much more movement. 

Edited by Saab4444

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, RW_MI said:

I've read so many terrible things about Grandeur lately from bedbugs (deck 3) to sewage smell (also deck 3) to bad food in the Windjammer (relative to Windjammer on other ships).

Best thing to do is stop reading reviews.  Most negative ones are lies or at a minimum highly exaggerated.  Even the positive ones tend to be too fluffy.

Edited by smokeybandit

In your favor is the low deck; less ideal is all the way forward. But we have been there, and were not bothered by it.

And I agree with smokey; reading reviews is always a bad idea.

44 minutes ago, cruisinfanatic said:

Of course there is more movement far forward on smaller ship. And if seas are rough it will become a LOT

Agree, long as OP has no issues if waves get rough should be fine. Me, I love feel Ship move and on this Class and Radiance you will feel them more IF waves kick up. When the Sea Sick Bags are placed out in public areas I'm having a good Cruise

• Like 2

Really appreciate everyone's input.  I think the cabin would be OK for me based on what I'm reading combined with prior cruise experience.  

Still not sure I could face that many sea days if Labadee isn't replaced with a decent port.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RW_MI said:

Really appreciate everyone's input.  I think the cabin would be OK for me based on what I'm reading combined with prior cruise experience.  

Still not sure I could face that many sea days if Labadee isn't replaced with a decent port.  

I've done 10 consecutive sea days on Azamara Journey (600 passenger ship).

Have done 8 consecutive sea days on Quantum and Anthem, and just did 9 consecutive on Oasis in April.  And will do 9 consecutive on Allure in February.

YMMV.

4 hours ago, RW_MI said:

I have grown to love sea days.   You can relax, read, nap or join in various activities.  Whatever floats your boat.   Enjoy😊

• Thanks 1