Cruise Addicts R Us

3 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Cheers, just boarded. It's so nice to sit down in the Schooner bar with a double black on ice.

Glad you made it safely. Hope the trip was uneventful. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ceeceeDee said:

Sorry if you've mentioned it before, Mic, but what ship are you on? As usual I like to cruise vicariously. 🙂

I think a lot of us are cruising vicariously😆

• Like 3

4 hours ago, ceeceeDee said:

Sorry if you've mentioned it before, Mic, but what ship are you on? As usual I like to cruise vicariously. 🙂

From the signature, I believe it is Adventure of the Seas.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, JJK2008 said:

Glad you made it safely. Hope the trip was uneventful. 

There were a few events.

1 We had to switch gates and planes just as boarding commenced. So slightly delayed as bags had to be transferred.

2 Our shuttle was pushed back 3 hours due to the shop coming in late and we had a bus full of Buddy cruisers, it was fun though.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

There were a few events.

1 We had to switch gates and planes just as boarding commenced. So slightly delayed as bags had to be transferred.

2 Our shuttle was pushed back 3 hours due to the shop coming in late and we had a bus full of Buddy cruisers, it was fun though.

I have been wondering how you were managing at the tail end of Hurricane Helene.  Lots of damage and some loss of life.  Came across land as level 4, with storm surges later etc . 

Are you out at sea?  If so, how is the ocean?

• Like 3

17 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

I have been wondering how you were managing at the tail end of Hurricane Helene.  Lots of damage and some loss of life.  Came across land as level 4, with storm surges later etc . 

Are you out at sea?  If so, how is the ocean?

Yes we have 2 sea days going to St Thomas, calm seas.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

Ain't retirement grand?

Retirement?  It has its ups and downs, the holidays are great but the pay is woeful.  😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

On 10/6/2024 at 10:43 AM, Blackduck59 said:

Well as of yesterday we have 2 cruises booked in the same year for the first time ever. And probably a road trip in between. Ain't retirement grand? I think we could get good at this.

You will get good at it, I've been retired for 19 years and still enjoying it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Russell21 said:

You will get good at it, I've been retired for 19 years and still enjoying it.

I have heard people say they don't want to retire as they would be bored.

We have been retired 11 years, and I have no idea how on earth I ever found time to go to work.

I need cruises to get a dam holiday!!!! 🤣

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

On 9/27/2024 at 8:33 AM, JJK2008 said:

You should be fine travel wise by tomorrow.🤞 There certainly could be a domino effect with flights backed up etc. But weatherwise you should be fine. We live in Ft. Myers which is on the west coast of South Florida. We are about 3 hours south/west of Orlando. In our area, we have not had a severe effect from the storm. Some heavy rain this morning and very windy all day. But for at least half the day the sun was out with blue sky. It is 6:30 pm as I write this, and we are watching the news coverage. North of us is getting some intense weather with rain, wind and tornado warnings. The storm is still out to sea in the Gulf and hugging the coast and moving VERY fast. So, by tomorrow morning the storm will be well past. Orlando should not have much if any affect from the storm, same as Port Canaveral on the east coast. Hopefully if there are any delays, they are short-lived. Safe Travel to you both, enjoy the cruise. 

I trust you are high and dry for Milton? That is quite a 1 - 2 punch.

• Thanks 1

2 months tomorrow we fly to Sydney for our cruise (starting 14 Dec)

I'm starting to get a tad excited  🙂 

We received an e-mail from Princess last week about bidding to 'upgrade' our stateroom, so we put in a low bid to be upgraded to a reserve minisuite

Princess actually phoned my wife the other day and a lady introduced herself as the new PVC... she asked my wife if she had any questions and wife said "yes - we've put in a bid for an upgrade for a reserve mini suite - can you put in a good word for us"! 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Muffinz said:

We received an e-mail from Princess last week about bidding to 'upgrade' our stateroom, so we put in a low bid to be upgraded to a reserve minisuite

Princess actually phoned my wife the other day and a lady introduced herself as the new PVC... she asked my wife if she had any questions and wife said "yes - we've put in a bid for an upgrade for a reserve mini suite - can you put in a good word for us"! 😁

2 weeks today we fly to Sydney for our 26 day cruise.🤸‍♂️🤸‍♀️🥂

Yes you might say We're Getting Excited.😁

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Muffinz said:

Let the excitement roll.

Winning upgrade bids on minis and above are like hen's teeth, as they offer you to bid for an upgrade on cabin categories that have long been sold out. It is also conducted mostly by bots from an external company. Good luck all the same.

Screenshot_11-10-2024_85318_www.princess_com.thumb.jpeg.f31e65c0015c040ab807d5843769bec1.jpeg

54 minutes ago, Ozwoody said:

2 weeks today we fly to Sydney for our 26 day cruise.🤸‍♂️🤸‍♀️🥂

Yes you might say We're Getting Excited.😁

It is that time of year.

• Like 1

I put a minimum bid in to go from BF Regular Balcony to a Mini Suite on my Royal Princess cruise in December and the mini's aren't showing as sold out I believe, so I'm in for a chance.