Cruise Addicts R Us

Warning, Warning,

For all us cruise addicts, please do not go to the Sydney harbour between 7-10 October.

Apparently the World will be in port and we wouldn't want to lose any of us to such a ship.

If you did book on it, when would you enlighten us with your anecdotes here on CC.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

Warning, Warning,

For all us cruise addicts, please do not go to the Sydney harbour between 7-10 October.

Apparently the World will be in port and we wouldn't want to lose any of us to such a ship.

If you did book on it, when would you enlighten us with your anecdotes here on CC.

How wonderful for guests to spend 4 days in Sydney.  Hope the city puts  on good weather for them.

• Like 1

Not good news, Royal Caribbean is now banning multi-plug outlets from its cruises.

According to the New York Post, the cruise line quietly added the gadget to the list of banned items on its website, which now reads “Extension Cords and Multi-Plug Outlets/ Power Strips”.

As they point out this not only hits general cruisers, but has a big impact on CPAP users etc.

Hopefully they will reverse this, as they realise it's not going to be a popular decision.

3 hours ago, Ozwoody said:

Not good news, Royal Caribbean is now banning multi-plug outlets from its cruises.

According to the New York Post, the cruise line quietly added the gadget to the list of banned items on its website, which now reads “Extension Cords and Multi-Plug Outlets/ Power Strips”.

As they point out this not only hits general cruisers, but has a big impact on CPAP users etc.

Hopefully they will reverse this, as they realise it's not going to be a popular decision.

Just pack pin adaptors to gain use of the Euro & US outlets. The risk of fire from cheap Chinese leads and powerboards. Those with specific needs can get certified powerboards supplied on the ship.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Just pack pin adaptors to gain use of the Euro & US outlets. The risk of fire from cheap Chinese leads and powerboards. Those with specific needs can get certified powerboards supplied on the ship.

Yeah but, when you have to recharge phones, tablet, two watches, two hearing aids, a shaver, and a toothbrush, one power point is not enough.

2 minutes ago, Ozwoody said:

Yeah but, when you have to recharge phones, tablet, two watches, two hearing aids, a shaver, and a toothbrush, one power point is not enough.

Most chargers work equally well, albeit a bit slower, from the US sockets. 

I have a problem with the Princess AU sockets as the shape of the plug on my fan neatly blocks the USB outlets so I take a double adaptor which raises the plug up far enough so the USB ports can be used. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ozwoody said:

If you have US & Euro pin adaptors, you usually have three outlets, and USB outlets are becoming commonplace.

They aren't doing this to pi$$ their passengers off, but to reduce the fire risk from a single outlet being overloaded. We have pretty much the same amount of toys, and get by with pin adaptors and dual outlet battery bricks.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ozwoody said:

okay, there are multiple outlets,  none of those devices need to be charging all the time. We use 2 korjo adapters.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ozwoody said:

You'll have to let all the devices requiring recharging take their turn. It is a hassle though, my toothbrush never fully recharges in a US socket. Our upcoming cruise - next week - woohoo - is on Royal Princess, they have very few sockets in cabins, a couple of US and a Euro and, from memory of earlier research, only a couple of USB outlets. We'll manage though, we have US and Euro adaptors and I keep an old fashioned toothbrush in my toilet bag just in case 🪥 It doesn't help when helpful stewards unplug anything charging unattended in your cabin though 😖

• Like 1

on our last cruise we took a US and EU to NZ / AUS adaptor and I had a plug that had 4 USB ports on and plugged that direct into the EU or US adaptor plug and that seemed to work

But from what I've been told Crown Princess has USB charging ports on the nightstands either side of the bed...... I'll be more than a tad annoyed if they take the USB adaptor plug off us

• Like 1

@Jean C reply above is my experience, these days everything seems to run on batteries, and they take ages to charge, especially my 35mm camera battery, and if your doing them in series, your forever switching them around.

Also quite often the location of the outlets are not convenient. That's why I like the short cord on power adaptor.

The adaptor I use is only for charging, not powering so hardly a heavy drain on the electrical power point.

• Like 1