Ascent Specialty Restaurants

Ascent Specialty Restaurants  

39 members have voted

1. 1. If you had to pick one, which restaurant is a "must do" and which one would you "pass on"?

• Le Voyage
    • Fine Cut Steakhouse
    • Rooftop Garden Grill
    • Raw on 5
    • Chef's Table
    • Eden Restaurant
    • Le Grand Bistro (lunch only)
    • Le Petit Chef (dinner only)
    • Magic Carpet

Eden is our favorite for all E class ships.  The steakhouse has been hit or miss.  Apex and Ascent it was excellent, however on Edge 2 years ago it wasn't that great at all.

Eden must do, just very different from other restaurants, and honestly would say pass on Chefs table, food is great but like others mentioned in the past this experience has to do with whom also joins the meal.  Have had some not-so-great table mates in this plus I think its crazily over expensive overall.  

I voted for Eden as a must do. I have Unlimited Specialty Dining on an upcoming cruise on Apex and plan on going there at least 4 times.

I would pass on Dinner on the Edge at Magic Carpet. It's too weather dependent and requires you to be stationary to get out of the wind and properly enjoy dinner.  

20 hours ago, hcat said:

would pass on Le Petit Chef 

and add RAW ON 5 as a MUST Do!

Forgot to say, we picked  EDEN as the first place  must do..We loved it..It had great  menu choices,  was light and bright with sea views and not a fussy place.. open kitchen area was fun too!  "Overhead" in EDEN  there was an lovely acoustic duo playing mellow music.

Eden is a must. I was contemplating on choosing Rooftop Garden Grille, but when it’s really hot out, it can be uncomfortable. I don’t have anything I’d pass on. 

21 minutes ago, eeden1 said:

We loved Eden and Le Voyage was a wonderful experience.  Rooftop Grill had good food but as Tierun said very weather dependent.

we lucked out  there with weather and seas early evening..but def risky

food is great but  sometimes attracts larger groups.and is adjacent to movie screen, pickle ball, etc, .so  just a bit louder and busier!

would probably skip next time!

@hcat we actually didn't reserve Rooftop.  A couple we met on a tour prior to the cruise who we became friends with actually treated us to it 🙂  But I agree we probably will not book it on our next cruise.  Honestly with as good as the dining rooms were we will probably only book Eden again.