Chill Island... Cabana vs. Beach Bed.

On a previous trip to Cococay we have had a Chill Island Beach bed and enjoyed it.  It's a nice spot to call home for the day without the madding crowds you get with complimentary loungers. There is nothing really in included except a few waters but we found it to be a decent upgrade without breaking the bank on a Cabana. However, when looking today in my cruise planner I saw the price of Chill Island Cabana had come done decently.  It was still apx 2x the price of a beach bed but it was the lowest I have seen at Cococay in quite a while.  What else, besides the Cabana, would be included.  Do you get your food delivered? Is there any upgraded food like Labadee? Do you get dedicated servers? Do you get any waters? What about drinks?

I've done a Cabana at Labadee when there was a good sale on it and enjoyed the service but I know that what happens at one isn't necessarily done at the other.  Any comparisons or experiences would be helpful.

I've had both on South Beach.  The cabana was during the restart in Feb. 2022.  If I recall correctly, we had a cabin attendant who would take your food and drink order and deliver.  The food was based on the Snack Shack menu.  It did include some waters but all other drinks were dependent on your drink package.  As I wasn't going to turn Diamond until the end of that cruise, I had the deluxe package and had no issues getting drinks delivered.  What I liked better than the beds was the cabana has a safe to lock up valuables, and had a place to just sit without crawling onto the bed.  Like you I've noticed the price drops.  It convinced me to book one of the new beach cabanas in Hideaway beach for Bella 2.  Still looking for options on Utopia the following week.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

On a previous trip to Cococay we have had a Chill Island Beach bed and enjoyed it.  It's a nice spot to call home for the day without the madding crowds you get with complimentary loungers. There is nothing really in included except a few waters but we found it to be a decent upgrade without breaking the bank on a Cabana. However, when looking today in my cruise planner I saw the price of Chill Island Cabana had come done decently.  It was still apx 2x the price of a beach bed but it was the lowest I have seen at Cococay in quite a while.  What else, besides the Cabana, would be included.  Do you get your food delivered? Is there any upgraded food like Labadee? Do you get dedicated servers? Do you get any waters? What about drinks?

I've done a Cabana at Labadee when there was a good sale on it and enjoyed the service but I know that what happens at one isn't necessarily done at the other.  Any comparisons or experiences would be helpful.

The beach club is down to $125. Tempting for lobster. If I ate more than nibbling I'd be more tempted by this. Lowest I've seen it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dwp10mm said:

I've had both on South Beach.  The cabana was during the restart in Feb. 2022.  If I recall correctly, we had a cabin attendant who would take your food and drink order and deliver.  The food was based on the Snack Shack menu.  It did include some waters but all other drinks were dependent on your drink package.  As I wasn't going to turn Diamond until the end of that cruise, I had the deluxe package and had no issues getting drinks delivered.  What I liked better than the beds was the cabana has a safe to lock up valuables, and had a place to just sit without crawling onto the bed.  Like you I've noticed the price drops.  It convinced me to book one of the new beach cabanas in Hideaway beach for Bella 2.  Still looking for options on Utopia the following week.

So I went ahead and grabbed the Chill Island Cabana.  It was only $748.99 which is the lowest I've seen it in a long time.  On this particular cruise we are scheduled to go to Labadee as well.  I already had one of those bungalows at the far end booked and since it is highly doubtful we are going to Labadee by the first week in Dec and that will be cancelled I figured this is a wash, money wise.  

We are there the week before on Icon and have one the breezy bay beach beds booked.  Maybe I will do a compare and contrast video.  They appear to be sitting right beside each other.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, firefly333 said:

The beach club is down to $125. Tempting for lobster. If I ate more than nibbling I'd be more tempted by this. Lowest I've seen it.

I actually considered the beach club but I'm not a lobster eater and prefer the privacy that a beach bed or cabana would offer.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

So I went ahead and grabbed the Chill Island Cabana.  It was only $748.99 which is the lowest I've seen it in a long time.

We are there the week before on Icon and have one the breezy bay beach beds booked.  Maybe I will do a compare and contrast video.  They appear to be sitting right beside each other.

I like Chill Island.  My beach bed on South Beach was behind the Cabanas.  It worked out great this past January as I only paid $199 for it.  Of course, my cabana during restart was only $399.  I stole that one.  The Hideaway Beach cabana was $719 when I booked that last week.  Splitting with another couple and I consider the access fee as part of that cost.  I've been to Coco Cay 4 times now since it re-opened with the dock in 2019.  So wanted to check out the adults only section.  Ironically, I have 4 cruises in 2025 booked that all visit Coco Cay.  I am perfectly content with just getting a beach chair somewhere.  But also don't mind to indulge from time to time.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, dwp10mm said:

I like Chill Island.  My beach bed on South Beach was behind the Cabanas.  It worked out great this past January as I only paid $199 for it.  Of course, my cabana during restart was only $399.  I stole that one.  The Hideaway Beach cabana was $719 when I booked that last week.  Splitting with another couple and I consider the access fee as part of that cost.  I've been to Coco Cay 4 times now since it re-opened with the dock in 2019.  So wanted to check out the adults only section.  Ironically, I have 4 cruises in 2025 booked that all visit Coco Cay.  I am perfectly content with just getting a beach chair somewhere.  But also don't mind to indulge from time to time.

Sounds like you've found a few good deals along the way.  The week I'm booking for is the second week of Dec and we are aboard Oasis and are docked beside Symphony.  With two big girls there at the same time I have been worried about crowds.  I had tickets booked to the new Hideaway area but I just canceled that when I booked this... I was skeptical when I booked it orginally as we're not crowd/party people and I'm not sure the vibe is what we would be after.   

I've got a a breezy bay beach bed booked the prior week while on Icon and got it for 219.  I considered that a really good score.

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Sounds like you've found a few good deals along the way.  The week I'm booking for is the second week of Dec and we are aboard Oasis and are docked beside Symphony.  With two big girls there at the same time I have been worried about crowds.  I had tickets booked to the new Hideaway area but I just canceled that when I booked this... I was skeptical when I booked it orginally as we're not crowd/party people and I'm not sure the vibe is what we would be after.   

I've seen the pictures of hideaway. It's so crowded. It's not my vibe and coconut shrimp I cant eat coconut. Fancy pizza no thanks. I love the menu at the beach club. Or the free stuff. Not hideaway. They are shoving too many people in there. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

They are shoving too many people in there. 

That's what I was afraid of and I just didn't want to take a chance.  The prior week we are on Icon when we are at Coco Cay.  I figure I'll be fine with the beach bed.  I also booked a waterslide ticket for me as well so I'm not even going to be spending the whole day there.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I've seen the pictures of hideaway. It's so crowded. It's not my vibe and coconut shrimp I cant eat coconut. Fancy pizza no thanks. I love the menu at the beach club. Or the free stuff. Not hideaway. They are shoving too many people in there. 

Thanks for the heads up.  Since I have a cabana I won't worry too much.  But for my following week on Utopia I will look at options on Chill Beach or the main pool.  Especially since I have a Coco Cay newbie with me on that week!  

2 hours ago, dwp10mm said:

Thanks for the heads up.  Since I have a cabana I won't worry too much.  But for my following week on Utopia I will look at options on Chill Beach or the main pool.  Especially since I have a Coco Cay newbie with me on that week!  

I was in a Chill Island cabana last week, it was great.  Included was a cooler with ice and 8 waters.  The cabana attendant was wonderful,  she brought our family, fruit, lunch, deserts... drinks etc.  I think she had 3 cabanas she was servicing.  In addition to the 4 lounge chairs we were given 2 floating mats and offered additional mats if needed.  Just having a place to get out of the sun for a little while and of course the fan in the cabana made the day so much more enjoyable.  

• Thanks 1

I've had a Chill Island Cabana and loved it.  Great location, and the water there is 'roped off' for cabana guests, at least it was 2 years ago when we had our cabana there.  As others have said, great service, they bring you your drinks, food from the menu, you have floating mats, loungers, a comfy sofa thing, ice chest with waters and a spot to lock your stuff up if you're going exploring.  Also close to restrooms and the Chill Grill.  

• Like 2

On 8/6/2024 at 6:20 PM, Tree_skier said:

On a previous trip to Cococay we have had a Chill Island Beach bed and enjoyed it.  It's a nice spot to call home for the day without the madding crowds you get with complimentary loungers.

Just sayin' ... the Beach Beds are right next to the "maddening crowds" and almost as close together as the complimentary loungers.  

Screenshot 2024-08-07 6.36.16 PM.png

5 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Just curious:  What month did you visit?  I'm wondering if it was summer /busier than usual.  I'd only consider the Hideaway if it were winter ... and then I might consider it for the heated pool. 

1 hour ago, Mum2Mercury said:

Just sayin' ... the Beach Beds are right next to the "maddening crowds" and almost as close together as the complimentary loungers.  

Screenshot 2024-08-07 6.36.16 PM.png

The one we had was at the far end. It seemed quite peaceful. ☺️ could see how the ones that were at the near end wouldn’t be as good. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Mum2Mercury said:

20 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

The one we had was at the far end. It seemed quite peaceful. ☺️ could see how the ones that were at the near end wouldn’t be as good. 

Madding, maddening or both ... we also strive to avoid said crowds when possible. 😉 And we too have had a delightfully calm and peaceful experience with beach beds at the far end of Chill Island. But to each their own, of course. 🙂 

Edited by la_croisiere_s'amuse
  • Like 1

For those not familiar with my expression... 

Courtesy of Dictionary.com

madding

[ mad-ing ]

Phonetic (Standard)IPA

adjective

1. acting madly or senselessly; insane; frenzied:

a quiet place far from the madding crowd.