Wonderland ordering?

Posted (edited)

They let me order my entree. They picked the appetizers and dessert. I liked all the appetizers, some more than others, but all were interesting. The chocolate dessert had peanut butter I dont like but ate around. I ordered pork belly as my entree and loved it. Many ordered the short ribs because its more food, but I get that on turn around dah so wouldnt order it, I wanted something I cant get free.

Edited by firefly333

You can choose to order one item from each element if you want to, but they heavily encourage you to let them choose for you if you've never been there before. 

I've been twice and let them order both times. They only gave me one thing I thought was disgusting and made me gag. I can't remember what it was called but it was a slimy brown ball of mushroom juice or something along those lines and it was so gross, both in texture and in taste. Would not eat that item again but I'll try everything once.

Just now, mattR said:

Will they bring you multiple appetizers or are you limited to one? 

I'm solo so they only gave me 4 I think, not many. Solos complain they dont get as many to share.

Most everyone loves the birds nest. Its crisped up noodles that form a birds nest with some kind of deviled egg in it. Cute. I got a tiny ice cream cone of something, had that spicy green stuff in the bottom, i forget what was on top. A spoon of lobster bisque. Something else with crisped up noodles. Everything is done cute.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mattR said:

How does ordering at Wonderland work?  Do you just pick one element or can you order multiples or from more than one element?

You get an item from each element. The waiters are trained to try and get you to pick their "signature menu". We never do. We order what we want,,, one from each element. Smokey eggs is very dramatic, but not what we enjoy,,, so no eggs. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, mattR said:

I don't think it's standard or encouraged to have people order multiples, but one of the times we went later at night (close to closing time), and they were generous with bringing out extra stuff that we hadn't asked for, probably because they were trying to get rid of it. So my guess is that if they're not short on food and you ask nicely, they'd probably bring you extra apps.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, mattR said:

Our first visit was on Anthem for my DHs birthday.   He wasn't sure he would like it but he really enjoyed.   

They brought us 4 appetizers and 3 entrees and 3 deserts so we could share.   

We told them what we liked and wanted to try then the waiter picked a couple extras to bring out.

Their presentation is the fun part.  Expect to be there at least 1 hr to sit back, relax and enjoy.

Their cocktails are pretty cool too!

Edited by Sunshine3601

Posted (edited)

We went once on Wonder. We told them our restrictions (Dh allergy, Dh and i don't eat meat, DD doesn't eat seafood) and they picked all the appetizers and desserts...multiples of each. They even had a mac and cheese item for DD. We selected our entrees. We really enjoyed the experience.

Edited by LuCruise

I've been a few times.  I've always let the waiter just bring stuff (they ask what you want for the main) and have been happy with that as there has been something different each time.  If there is something you absolutely want or don't want, just let them know.

• Like 1

We did Wonderland on Ovation. Not my cup of tea.  The waiter was very difficult to understand, so we may have missed some of the descriptions. We (4 of us) shared 3 appetizers, each selected an entree with one additional to share, and we each ordered a dessert.  Just not our thing, but glad we tried it once.

We ate at Wonderland on Harmony a couple weeks ago. The waiter asked if he could bring us a variety of items of his choosing, after asking our likes/dislikes/allergies. We had a great assortment to share, it was delicious and fun!