Specialty Dinning on the Crown Princess

trbarton

11 hours ago, trbarton said:

What are the sSpecially dining restaurants on the Crown Princess?

Thanks!

Tom😀

Just to add- I know not specialty.

Casual dining on Crown is Vines & Salty dog gastro pub.

Maybe some pop ups in Cafe Caribe on Lido deck ??

• Like 1

6 hours ago, arizonaperson said:

Just to add- I know not specialty.

Casual dining on Crown is Vines & Salty dog gastro pub.

Maybe some pop ups in Cafe Caribe on Lido deck ??

Thanks! I was looking for the casual dinning & I’ll check once on the ship. I assume that you make reservations for any casual dining but I don’t see if you can book online. 

Tom😀👍

Posted (edited)

@tbarton what I listed is the casual dining on the Crown Princess. And no, I don’t believe you are able to make reservations for casual dining. You just show up. Look in your Patter a.k.a. newsletter for the time that each dining venue is open. Have you seen any of the menus for Salty dog Gastropub or vines? I’m assuming you have a plus or a premier package?

Specialty restaurants yes you are able pre cruise to book. Crown Grill or Sabatini’s on The Crown Princess.

Edited by arizonaperson

2 hours ago, trbarton said:

Thanks! I was looking for the casual dinning & I’ll check once on the ship. I assume that you make reservations for any casual dining but I don’t see if you can book online. 

Tom😀👍

I cruise on Grand class ships all the time and no there are no reservations at Vines or Salty Dog Gastropub. They are walk in only 

19 minutes ago, memoak said:

I cruise on Grand class ships all the time and no there are no reservations at Vines or Salty Dog Gastropub. They are walk in only 

I'm not sure what class the Emerald is, but I was on that ship last week and the Gastropub there DID take reservations and DID NOT want to take walk ins.

The reservation process for the Gastropub wasn't easy. They're not available pre cruise, at all. And they can't be booked on the app or TV. They have to be booked in person or through the dine line onboard.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Honolulu Blue said:

I'm not sure what class the Emerald is, but I was on that ship last week and the Gastropub there DID take reservations and DID NOT want to take walk ins.

The reservation process for the Gastropub wasn't easy. They're not available pre cruise, at all. And they can't be booked on the app or TV. They have to be booked in person or through the dine line onboard.

Have spent the last 4 cruises on the Ruby, Crown and Grand no reservations on any casual dining. We were able to split one casual meal and only use 1 of our 4 meals each time even in Alfredo’s. Split a salad and pizza ;3 times on a 1 week cruise never paid extra. Each ship handles it the same but we have never waited more than a few minutes to be seated

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, voljeep said:

smh

Why are you shaking your head, just curious why or what ?

Questions on cruise critic will be asked over & over many times. I personally don’t think the search button works very well on CC.

11 hours ago, arizonaperson said:

Why are you shaking your head, just curious why or what ?

Questions on cruise critic will be asked over & over many times. I personally don’t think the search button works very well on CC.

valid - and I had meant to go back and edit that out... wasn't directed at any person of course - just the situation of almost daily postings regarding dining... which I realize is your specialty (see what I did there).

Glad the OP got his answer

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Honolulu Blue said:

This was exactly my experience on Emerald in April 2024.
Very frustrating, frankly. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ellipooh said:

This was exactly my experience on Emerald in April 2024.
Very frustrating, frankly. 

I'm sorry the experience was frustrating for you.  Frustration is not what cruising is all about! ☹️

Me, I've had worse and more frustrating experiences.  Once I learned HOW to make a rezzie, it was easy enough to do for Planks BBQ, which I did later on in that cruise.

It helped that I flipped my personal wayback machine to 2004 and how fancy casual restaurants were reserved then.

Posted (edited)

@tbarton just go on your app or web version and do a mock booking or book,the price is available.

About $39.+ gratuity possibly for Crown Grill. $35.+ approximately for Sabatini’s.

Also google brings up lots of instant info.

princess.com also has prices & menus.

Edited by arizonaperson

16 minutes ago, arizonaperson said:

@tbarton just go on your app or web version and do a mock booking or book,the price is available.

About $39.+ gratuity possibly for Crown Grill. $35.+ approximately for Sabatini’s.

Also google brings up lots of instant info.

princess.com also has prices & menus.

😉 🥂