Questions about Millie Sky Suite to Celebrity Suite upgrade (search not helping)

zitsky

I’m thinking to upgrade from SS to CS for $1100.  All my searches pull up anything “Celebrity” even using AND.  I’ve used google and CC search.

I think perks are the same.  I’ve heard and seen that the balconies are small.  I did find a YouTube review from a travel agent.

Is $1100 reasonable for a upgrade?

Seems like no room for a table on a CS balcony?  Or just not one put there?

What is storage like in the bathroom?  Any drawers or shelves?

Are there plenty of power outlets?

Any suggestions for finding cabin reports besides the cabin spreadsheets?  X please rename these to something else!

Thanks!  I will look at the spreadsheet.

Posted (edited)

The balcony is narrow.  We have had 2 chairs and a small low table on the balcony. 

There is a dining table for in the suite, plenty of storage in the closet. There there are a couple of shelves in the bathroom.  The tub show combo requires a big step to get in or sit on the side and swing legs in.  These are are favorite suites  Here is a video from the Summit

Edited by jelayne
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We have been in Celebrity Suites on all four of the M-class ships.

The balconies are indeed narrow.  It is my understanding that they were added at a later date.  The floor to ceiling windows are lovely, but in hot itineraries do allow for a significant amount of heat from the sun.

I am not a mega packer, but am not a minimalist either.  We find the storage to be more than adequate.

And my husband loves the dining room table as opposed to the over-sized coffee table in the S-class Celebrity Suites.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Northern Aurora said:

We have been in Celebrity Suites on all four of the M-class ships.

The balconies are indeed narrow.  It is my understanding that they were added at a later date.  The floor to ceiling windows are lovely, but in hot itineraries do allow for a significant amount of heat from the sun.

I am not a mega packer, but am not a minimalist either.  We find the storage to be more than adequate.

And my husband loves the dining room table as opposed to the over-sized coffee table in the S-class Celebrity Suites.

Thanks for that.  Were you able to get a table on the balcony?  The small dining table is nice.

I imagine if you keep the blinds down that will help with the heat?

Posted (edited)

We have always  had (if my memory is correct) a small side table on the balcony.

And yes -- lowering the blinds helps with the heat.  The stateroom attendants seem to regularly lower them.  

Edited by Northern Aurora
typo

23 minutes ago, Northern Aurora said:

We have always  had (if my memory is correct) a small side table on the balcony.

And yes -- lowering the blinds helps with the heat.  The stateroom attendants seem to regularly lower them.  

Thank you.  Were you at all bothered by elevator noise or people using the stairs?  I see there are cabins between the CS and the elevator so perhaps there is no noise?

I just checked the list of available Celebrity Suites and will take a look at the spreadsheet this weekend.  There are 6 available on our January 2025 Bali sailing.

I've had a CS on M-class many times but my favorite memory was right after sailing resumed. In passing, I mentioned to the concierge that I dreamed of not having to "get decent" to answer the door for my daily room service breakfast (DH used to do it).  So first morning, the phone rang and my butler told me "your breakfast is ready."  When I walked out, and there was my breakfast and double cappuccino set on the dining table, accompanied by that magnificent view that the M-class celebrity suite provides.  OP, it was definitely worth the price of admission.  Go for it. 😉 

I can't handle suite bathtubs anymore, though, especially the CS tub, so now I book only aft-facing cabins on M-class, for the showers and view.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, goofysmom99 said:

I've had a CS on M-class many times but my favorite memory was right after sailing resumed. In passing, I mentioned to the concierge that I dreamed of not having to "get decent" to answer the door for my daily room service breakfast (DH used to do it).  So first morning, the phone rang and my butler told me "your breakfast is ready."  When I walked out, and there was my breakfast and double cappuccino set on the dining table, accompanied by that magnificent view that the M-class celebrity suite provides.  OP, it was definitely worth the price of admission.  Go for it. 😉 

I can't handle suite bathtubs anymore, though, especially the CS tub, so now I book only aft-facing cabins on M-class, for the showers and view.

Thanks.  The only negative are those small balconies.  It might be nice to have our own jacuzzi tub because I was just reading how hot tubs spread nasty germs.

My husband doesn’t believe I can keep my mouth shut but I may surprise him.  And hey, I deserve it!  😂

3 hours ago, zitsky said:

I’m thinking to upgrade from SS to CS for $1100.  All my searches pull up anything “Celebrity” even using AND.  I’ve used google and CC search.

I think perks are the same.  I’ve heard and seen that the balconies are small.  I did find a YouTube review from a travel agent.

Seems like no room for a table on a CS balcony?  Or just not one put there?

What is storage like in the bathroom?  Any drawers or shelves?

Are there plenty of power outlets?

Any suggestions for finding cabin reports besides the cabin spreadsheets?  X please rename these to something else!

Thanks!  I will look at the spreadsheet.

I stayed in the CS on Summit in Dec. 2023 for 9 nights.  I loved the room and having the separate bedroom.  Closet is very large, if I remember 3 good size drawers on both sides of the closet underneath a large shelf top and plenty of hanging space.  In my bedroom, neither of the power outlets worked on the table lamps but there was a wall outlet I used.  As someone mentioned, if unsteady or mobility issues the tub/shower combo is dangerous, though it was fine for me.  Balcony is decent length but narrow and had two nice chairs and a small low table, enough to hold a drink glass and a small plate.  It is a bump out so looks forward and if one is nosy (like me) you can see everyone on the balcs and a great forward view.  I took some of the most incredible sunset pics sitting out there too.  The butler and steward service were AMAZING and honestly the CS butler was superior to the butler I had in the EV on Edge.  I would definitely book the CS again.  I was in 6104.  Hard to tell you if $1100 additional is worth it since no idea what you have already paid.  

I'll add that I've had both forward and aft facing CS cabins.  I cruised suites for many, many weeks after sailing resumed.  The type of suite I'd choose now would depend on how hot the weather usually is where I'm going.  It was beastly hot in summertime in the Caribbean.  My aft-facing CS balcony got very little breeze.  The following cruise I switched to a forward facing CS and loved it.  Also got way more air than the regular sky suites I'd booked.  On M-class, the Aqua suites will get a breeze, although the ones next the the PH, not as much.  Again, this would only be my recommendation for very hot weather cruise.  Oh, I'd skip Deck 9 because of deck noise from above and spotty wifi (IT guys weren't able to boost it either).  Had to go out on balcony to get a connection.  The other decks are great.

9 minutes ago, goofysmom99 said:

I'll add that I've had both forward and aft facing CS cabins.  I cruised suites for many, many weeks after sailing resumed.  The type of suite I'd choose now would depend on how hot the weather usually is where I'm going.  It was beastly hot in summertime in the Caribbean.  My aft-facing CS balcony got very little breeze.  The following cruise I switched to a forward facing CS and loved it.  Also got way more air than the regular sky suites I'd booked.  On M-class, the Aqua suites will get a breeze, although the ones next the the PH, not as much.  Again, this would only be my recommendation for very hot weather cruise.  Oh, I'd skip Deck 9 because of deck noise from above and spotty wifi (IT guys weren't able to boost it either).  Had to go out on balcony to get a connection.  The other decks are great.

Thanks.  How does one find an aft facing or forward facing CS?  I thought they were all the same?  Same midship locations?  Do you mean of the two on each deck one is forward and the one next to it is aft?  Am I over thinking it?

39 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Thanks.  How does one find an aft facing or forward facing CS?  I thought they were all the same?  Same midship locations?  Do you mean of the two on each deck one is forward and the one next to it is aft?  Am I over thinking it?

Yes the 2 CSs comprise a semi circle.  1 faces more forward the other more aft.  We have always had the forward facing one and a lot of breeze ( sometimes making opening the door to the balcony difficult).  I always wanted to try an aft facing one to minimize the wind but they were not available when we booked. 

On 8/14/2024 at 2:37 PM, zitsky said:

Best advice is to check the sticky on MoveUp at the top of the threads.    You can review what people bid, price ranges and what prices were accepted.   It really helps to understand.

You will receive the amenities that come with room, e.g. Luminae, Retreat etc but will not receive the upgraded perks... eg Premium Drink Package, Points Free Premium Internet etc. 

The balconies are indeed narrow and wrap around.    The balconies were a retrofit -  the original M-Class Celebrity Suite did not have a balcony... just big windows.

One think to take into consideration is the bath/shower.     It is extremely high and many find it difficult to get into and out of.   It's about a 3.5 Foot climb.

One thing I like is there are no windows in the bedroom and it gets pitch black--- great for sleeping in.

We did celebrity suite one time on M class , hated the balcony, we now normally book royal suite , huge balcony, huge bathroom, free specialty restaurants, liquor setup two liters of your choice.

7 minutes ago, George C said:

We did celebrity suite one time on M class , hated the balcony, we now normally book royal suite , huge balcony, huge bathroom, free specialty restaurants, liquor setup two liters of your choice.

That's very helpful, thanks.  We may not upgrade to Royal this time but I may watch prices next time, probably a cruise to Japan, also on Millie.  On other cruises we may go down to Aqua, but it depends on price.  The size of the Sky Suite is just about right for us.  And we do like having access to Luminae for lunch on sea days.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, zitsky said:

We may not upgrade to Royal this time but I may watch prices next time, probably a cruise to Japan, also on Millie. 

If you do a Move Up type upgrade to the Royal Suite you do get all the amenities which does include the WiFi (two accounts per person), Premium drink package, speciality restaurants, etc. 

Those just do not come with Move Ups to a Sky, Aqua Sky, or Celebrity suit. 

• Like 1