New Unlimited Features Make Princess Cruises' Premier Package the Best Value in Cruising

LACruiser88

10 hours ago, qoap24 said:

With everyone talking about how difficult it is going to be to book SD, can anyone tell me if I book SD in advance and pay, will I be able to go to guest services have them remove the fee from my card and use my OBC? I really do not want to have to spend time at guest services, but I also don't want to miss out on the one night of SD. 

We did this on our last cruise because I could tell that the bookings were filling up fast and I didn't want to miss out but we weren't quite ready to upgrade to Premier. From my experience you will not get a refund to your card. You would just get more OBC. But maybe others have had a different experience. It could be that I just didn't ask the right people. I will say that I didn't stand in line at the desk. I used the Crew Chat feature in the app. I didn't mind since we booked a cabana in the Sanctuary one day as a treat so we ended up using all the extra OBC.

• Like 2

6/6/24 - we booked Catch and Umai Terr on the SUN P for our October cruise - yep, we have Premier80, and still were charged to our card - $90 each night.  So, so, glad we locked up those reservations at the day and time we wanted.  Will deal with OBC once onboard - maybe day 2 or so unless a walk by shows promise at customer service.

Now if we can secure the time we want for the UBD once onboard ... winner, winner, steak and lobster dinner..🥂

• Like 6

48 minutes ago, ian441672 said:

Hi

I have a 20 day Caribbean cruise in March 2026, booked 6 months ago with Premier, in one of the larger aft Penthouse type suites, so I was wondering if I would have to pay anything extra if I chose to upgrade?

With free SD for all then the first night suite perk in a SD would be worthless now! I better start booking even though I am 18 months out!!

Reading the below Q&A, I found the answer ambiguous, but reading the last sentence (as I booked it 6 months ago), I am not required to upgrade as the old plan will be honoured. Am I reading that right?

1. I purchased Princess Premier® before the recent update to the package, can I still receive the new added benefits?
    Yes! As of August 15, 2024 we have added more benefits and perks to our Princess Premier® package. If you have purchased Princess Premier® before this date, you can upgrade your package to receive all the added benefits for an additional £10 per day. However, anyone that booked Princess Premier® before August 15, 2024 is not required to upgrade to the £75/day plan, since the £65/day plan will still be honored.  

I wonder if this will apply to other countries.  My suite booking with premier on Star has an upgrade button- not yet functioning.

49 minutes ago, Coffeeluvr05 said:

Oh Princess, what have you done? AND did you hire more CSRs to deal with all these calls and problems you created for yourself?  I bet not!  Because let's be real, you did this to yourself! 🤣

I foresee more changes coming.

Is it just me or is Princess incrementally alienating their base demographic.  For instance, the Sun Princess Park 19 being scrapped after the big changeover to Sanctuary Class.  Big money grabs left and right is what it looks like.  A little disappointing.  Just thinking out loud here.

I can’t really work out Princesses thinking here.
Is it just a money grab? 

I guess those with Plus Packages can forget trying speciality dining venues as they will be booked out. So Princess tha disappointed a large group of people. Did princess have trouble filling them at $45pp (including gratuities)? 

Will this mean less crowds in the MDR? That would be a good thing I guess. Was that a concern? 

My main concern with the new premier package is drunk people on board. That’s really not an experience I enjoy. I can’t understand why they needed to bring in unlimited drinks? Is that a huge draw for people? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, paddingtonbear said:

My main concern with the new premier package is drunk people on board. That’s really not an experience I enjoy. I can’t understand why they needed to bring in unlimited drinks? Is that a huge draw for people? 

no - just marketing is all UNLIMITED!  NO LIMIT!

i'm sure P knew exactly how many cruisers hit the 15 drinks charged to their account...

• Like 1

So, if I have a 5 day cruise with new package and cannot get any specialty reservation even when I get on-board, how will I be compensated?

I had a package last year on HAL- they cancelled my excursion after I boarded and had nothing available - they said to replace it and I did not get any compensation. They would not give me credit$129 OBC to use elsewhere. Sorry-. Is all I got.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, paddingtonbear said:

Is it just a money grab? 

I guess those with Plus Packages can forget trying speciality dining venues as they will be booked out. So Princess tha disappointed a large group of people. Did princess have trouble filling them at $45pp (including gratuities)? 

Will this mean less crowds in the MDR? That would be a good thing I guess. Was that a concern? 

I have had two cruises with drunks at my table. They were awful.

i get table for 2 now.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, dog said:

So, if I have a 5 day cruise with new package and cannot get any specialty reservation even when I get on-board, how will I be compensated?

I had a package last year on HAL- they cancelled my excursion after I boarded and had nothing available - they said to replace it and I did not get any compensation. They would not give me credit$129 OBC to use elsewhere. Sorry-. Is all I got.

What about for those who want Specialty Dining every night, but can get in on a small number of nights?

Princess should add a disclaimer:  subject to availability.

Then unlimited Specialty Dining becomes all the Specialty Dining You Might Get Unless We Are Full

2 minutes ago, dog said:

I have had two cruises with drunks at my table. They were awful.

i get table for 2 now.

That would have been so upsetting to worry each night who your table companions were.  DH likes to socialize. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, paddingtonbear said:

I've been on a few charter cruises (not on Princess) where there was an alcohol package included in the price for everyone.  I noticed some well-lit folks at most times of the day, but they were all my peeps thanks to the charter's theme, so it was all good. 🥳

And I've been on other charter cruises where the alcohol package was very popular.  It was the same story there - we were united by the theme, and so everything was fine. 🙃

1 minute ago, CalTexCruiser said:

What about for those who want Specialty Dining every night, but can get in on a small number of nights?

Princess should add a disclaimer:  subject to availability.

Then unlimited Specialty Dining becomes all the Specialty Dining You Might Get Unless We Are Full

And there will be so many people who have no idea that they have to prebook. There will be a lot of angry people for P to deal with. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Honolulu Blue said:

I've been on a few charter cruises (not on Princess) where there was an alcohol package included in the price for everyone.  I noticed some well-lit folks at most times of the day, but they were all my peeps thanks to the charter's theme, so it was all good. 🥳

And I've been on other charter cruises where the alcohol package was very popular.  It was the same story there - we were united by the theme, and so everything was fine. 🙃

What do you mean “united by the theme”? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, paddingtonbear said:

And there will be so many people who have no idea that they have to prebook. There will be a lot of angry people for P to deal with. 

Not to mention those that can't seem to get the app to allow them to make reservations before boarding. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, paddingtonbear said:

What do you mean “united by the theme”? 

Each charter had a theme - for example, the 80s - and the charter was priced high enough so that if you weren't attracted to the theme, you weren't going to get on this cruise.  So, all the passengers were similar to me in that we liked whatever the theme was - horrifying as that may be to some of you. 😮  We all liked the same things and understood where we were coming from when we drank (or didn't drink, as the case may be).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JimmyVWine said:

Did the Suite fare come with Premier built in, or did you have to purchase it as an add-on?  If it came built in, I find it very petty that they would make you upgrade.  The built-in price should include whatever iteration of Premier exists at the time you board the ship.  

I have an S9 that doesnt show the UPgrade button . My minisuite(non sanctuary) does show the upgrade button. What does that mean? something ? nothing? who knows 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Honolulu Blue said:

Each charter had a theme - for example, the 80s - and the charter was priced high enough so that if you weren't attracted to the theme, you weren't going to get on this cruise.  So, all the passengers were similar to me in that we liked whatever the theme was - horrifying as that may be to some of you. 😮  We all liked the same things and understood where we were coming from when we drank (or didn't drink, as the case may be).

Oh I get that. Sounds great.

We went hiking in France with a tour group from the UK and we wondered if we’d fit in. Everyone was the same as us all linked by hiking. 
it was a fabulous holiday. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, gailisacruzin said:

Has anybody been successful in booking the new unlimited speciality dining reservations?  I am elite and cruising in Feb 2025. 

Waiting for that as well, and hoping for no pre-payment needed. 🤞

1 hour ago, paddingtonbear said:

Is it just a money grab? 

We came close on a couple sea days to 15 drinks.  South Pacific 32 nights in May, on port days, other than Dravuni Island and Moorea, we ordered either one or zero alcoholic beverages on the ship, since we ate and drank in port.

We don't look at the drink limits as a challenge, or trying to get as much as we can, but the bundles as a whole for convenience. The unlimited premier won't make us change our current drinking habits. 

Edited by startedwithamouse
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, paddingtonbear said:

Is it just a money grab? 

I'd bet pending itinerary and such (Med vs. Caribbean, etc.). less than 5% of passengers hit that 15th drink often. When we take a Caribbean cruise, we go with the flow have a good time and will probably get close or max on sea days. When we do a Med cruise with long tours, we are in bed by 9pm with the exception of nights before sea days. 🙂 Spending a day at Princess Cay where the package applies or a full sea day out at the pool, it is really easy to max or exceed 15 early in the evening even if you casually drink. Did a two week Med on the Sun back in May-June and only experienced a visually intoxicated group on night out of 14, at a bar, late, minding their own business but having a good time.

For reference, cruised Carnival once and witnessed underage drinking and people puking several times throughout the week.

Royal Caribbean a few times and a mixed bag.

Princess always seems to be the mild crowd.

The change to the package wont change how we proceed with our days. I'll be more inclined to try different things with SD as I can go back another night and try again.

We have come to realize, cruising will never be what it was 15 - 20 years ago when we started... and certainly nothing like what it was long long ago. If it is still something you enjoy, spend your money cruising. If not, why not try something else?

• Like 2

UPGRADING FROM PLUS TO PREMIER ISSUES AND NOW UPGRADE TO NEW PREMIER 90?

We booked long time ago SUN-P BCN to FLL -- initially PLUS. Two days later after booking PLUS we decided to switch to Premier. Our TA booked the change to Premier. So the booking now shows for each upgrade item: 

Plus Bev Pkg + Juice Bar 1 $1,837.25  

Premium Desserts (2 Per Day) 1 $261.50  

Premium Bar Package Upgrade 1 $525.00  

Premium Desserts Upgrade 1

$500.00

But a click on "UPGRADE" button or the "PACKAGE" button still says "Thank you You have booked PLUS". The problem is I had to pay for SD booking I think because no where is shown the booking itself as PREMIER PACKAGE.

Now I am thinking of adding the upgrade to new PREMIER 90. Will just an extra line for each upgrade item show a new line as "Premium 90 Bar Package Upgrade" still without the booking itself showing that we have PREMIER 90?  I wonder whether we will be left with no SD bookings without paying till we board?

Edited by sultan_sfo

On 8/15/2024 at 2:04 PM, grimace95120 said:

The rollout schedule for the Princess Premier package enhancements is as follows:

• Enchanted Princess: August 31
  • Majestic Princess; Sky Princess: September 1
  • Crown Princess: September 2
  • Ruby Princess: September 3
  • Grand Princess: September 4
  • Emerald Princess; Discovery Princess; Sun Princess: September 7
  • Caribbean Princess; Regal Princess: September 12
  • Royal Princess; Sapphire Princess: September 14
  • Island Princess: September 25
  • Diamond Princess: September 26
  • Coral Princess: October 17

Hi All, just called Princess to upgrade my current premium package and i was told by them that i couldn't upgrade until my ship is rolled out and  active ( Enchanted Aug 31st) . I certainly understand not being able to start using the new package until after Aug 31 , but not being able to reserve the package before then seems odd. My sailing is on Sept 21. I'm seeing on here folks have already procured the new package upgrade or am i mistaken?. Before I call them back and hopefully get a different agent, it would be good to be armed with some facts. Thanks !

This brings up my question: Why are the Sun Princess and Regal Princess or SkyPrincess not on this rollout schedule?

2 minutes ago, Mary Ann 2 said:

This brings up my question: Why are the Sun Princess and Regal Princess or SkyPrincess not on this rollout schedule?

they are - some lines have 2 ships

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1