FCC from Covid Isolation

dickinson

Last Saturday, August 10, I got off a cruise ship.  I was quarantined for about 3 days til my fever was gone.  I received a letter stating how much FCC I would receive for my time in quarantine.  Guest Relations told me that the amount would show up at the end of the cruise.  Tomorrow will be a week since we got off the ship and it is still not there.  Anyone have any recent experience as to how long it takes?  Is this something I should take up with my TA to help with?

Thanks.

Posted (edited)

I had COVID in October 2023 on the Royal Princess.  The FCC showed up at the end of July.  I had never put much concern over it as I was well fed and cared for during my isolation and it was not the fault of Princess, but I had given up, thinking they had ended the policy of refunding for days in isolation.  Yet one day, it showed up.

Maybe they have streamlined the process and your experience might be quicker?

Edited by Mud_Shark
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mud_Shark said:

I had COVID in October 2023 on the Royal Princess.  The FCC showed up at the end of July.  I had never put much concern over it as I was well fed and cared for during my isolation and it was not the fault of Princess, but I had given up, thinking they had ended the policy of refunding for days in isolation.  Yet one day, it showed up.

Maybe they have streamlined the process and your experience might be quicker?

Wow!!!! That’s a long time.  I’m planning on putting it on a cruise I have already booked for June. I’m not forgetting about hundreds of dollars when I have it in writing. 

10 minutes ago, dickinson said:

Wow!!!! That’s a long time.  I’m planning on putting it on a cruise I have already booked for June. I’m not forgetting about hundreds of dollars when I have it in writing. 

Have you looked in your captains circle account.  Ours showed up there with days of disembark but this was in 2022.

47 minutes ago, kiwimum said:

Have you looked in your captains circle account.  Ours showed up there with days of disembark but this was in 2022.

Yes. It’s not there.

• Like 2

Most posts I’ve seen said 6-8 weeks.

If you have a TA/CVP teach out, as others said they got it a few days later after their agent got involved.

I waited and heard nothing when we were quarantined.  So, contacted, AON, we had PCL PVP ins and they said, just make a claim.  Trip interruption. What?

So we did and got it about 6-8 weeks later.  But, they sent us a check instead of FCC.  Even better.

Did you have AON?  PCL ins?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Most posts I’ve seen said 6-8 weeks.

If you have a TA/CVP teach out, as others said they got it a few days later after their agent got involved.

I waited and heard nothing when we were quarantined.  So, contacted, AON, we had PCL PVP ins and they said, just make a claim.  Trip interruption. What?

So we did and got it about 6-8 weeks later.  But, they sent us a check instead of FCC.  Even better.

Did you have AON?  PCL ins?

I called my agent who is a popular Princess agent.  She said it can take time.  None of her clients have complained about not getting it.

As for AON, yes, we have Princess insurance.  I actually have a letter from the Sky Princess telling me how much $ I will receive for my quarantine dates and that it can be used for a new cruise before August 7.  No problem as we have a cruise in June.  I just spent several hours trying to file a claim with my other insurance (don't like Princess' medical so I bought medical from trip insurance store).  Maybe next week I will call AON to see if they will cover it although my letter has my captain circle number and says it will be applied there.  Don't want to screw anything up!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, dickinson said:

I called my agent who is a popular Princess agent.  She said it can take time.  None of her clients have complained about not getting it.

As for AON, yes, we have Princess insurance.  I actually have a letter from the Sky Princess telling me how much $ I will receive for my quarantine dates and that it can be used for a new cruise before August 7.  No problem as we have a cruise in June.  I just spent several hours trying to file a claim with my other insurance (don't like Princess' medical so I bought medical from trip insurance store).  Maybe next week I will call AON to see if they will cover it although my letter has my captain circle number and says it will be applied there.  Don't want to screw anything up!

Just hang in there.  The CVP should know how it is working now. 
Let us know.

I can't answer your question, but I have one that just came to mind.  Is Covid the only communicable condition/quarantine one can get cruise credit for ? What about flu, measles, etc?

2 hours ago, TxChick51 said:

I can't answer your question, but I have one that just came to mind.  Is Covid the only communicable condition/quarantine one can get cruise credit for ? What about flu, measles, etc?

I believe Covid is the only thing that you can be recompensed for since as far as I know it is the only thing that the sips medical will actually quarantined for. It is also the only thing where vaccines are only effective to a degree  I am vaccinated for everything and have only gotten flu once in 20 years. I have been vaccinated for Covid twice a yea and have gotten it twice but a very mild version due to the vaccination. Measles is almost impossible to contract if you are vaccinated. If I owned the line I would only give FCC for Covid if the person who got it could show vaccination records as an effort to minimize the disease but that is just my opinion

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TxChick51 said:

I was quarantined with Noro and as I had the Princess insurance, my claim for trip interruption was approved.

23 minutes ago, 1emerald1 said:

I was quarantined with Noro and as I had the Princess insurance, my claim for trip interruption was approved.

Sorry you had that. Did you have anything in writing to submit to insurance and if so what did it say?

34 minutes ago, dickinson said:

Sorry you had that. Did you have anything in writing to submit to insurance and if so what did it say?

Let me just say it was not easy.  I would advise anyone who uses the medical center to get their records before they depart, and review for accuracy!  I was traveling with my sister, and she wrote a statement of what transpired, and along with my notes, which contradicted everything the medical center said, my claim was approved!

4 hours ago, 1emerald1 said:

Let me just say it was not easy.  I would advise anyone who uses the medical center to get their records before they depart, and review for accuracy!  I was traveling with my sister, and she wrote a statement of what transpired, and along with my notes, which contradicted everything the medical center said, my claim was approved!

Wow!

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE!  Because I have not seen my FCC added to my account I decided this morning to call Princess to see if they could see it.  No, they could not.  The rep put me on hold while she checked further and said I should take a photo of my letter and attach it to an email to customer relations.  I did this around 9:30 am (EDT) this morning.  I received an automated email saying they are busy, etc.  Late this afternoon, close to 5:30 pm EDT I received a phone call.  I never pick up if I don't recognize the number. This said it was from Delano, CA.  By the third ring my dh said maybe it was Princess.  Even though it wasn't Santa Clarita I picked it up.  It WAS Princess!  The quality of the call was terrible. The woman apologized for my FCC not being there and basically if I hadn't sent the email nothing would have happened.  Who knows what happened from the ship.  She said it would be on my account at the end of the day.  I checked about 25 minutes ago and it is there!!!!!

I asked her for her name and what department she was in.  Her department is onboard experience.  She said there has been a re-organization and it was formerly customer relations. Their email still is customer relations.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

On 8/18/2024 at 12:20 PM, memoak said:

I believe Covid is the only thing that you can be recompensed for since as far as I know it is the only thing that the sips medical will actually quarantined for. It is also the only thing where vaccines are only effective to a degree  I am vaccinated for everything and have only gotten flu once in 20 years. I have been vaccinated for Covid twice a yea and have gotten it twice but a very mild version due to the vaccination. Measles is almost impossible to contract if you are vaccinated. If I owned the line I would only give FCC for Covid if the person who got it could show vaccination records as an effort to minimize the disease but that is just my opinion

Why only if vaccinated? I had my vaccinations and my boosters but the last time I had a booster I ended up in ICU. I’ve always been pro vaccination but now I am not allowed to have any type of vaccination. 

OP, thank you for isolating. 😊

On 8/18/2024 at 1:20 PM, memoak said:

If I owned the line I would only give FCC for Covid if the person who got it could show vaccination records as an effort to minimize the disease but that is just my opinion

This year I got Covid before the new booster came out. I'm going on a cruise at the end of Sept. I guess I'm good. It was a very mild case. No fever just a lot of coughing. My wife was hoping to get it from me so she doesn't have to worry about getting it on the cruise.

Just now, Iamcruzin said:

This year I got Covid before the new booster came out. I'm going on a cruise at the end of Sept. I guess I'm good. It was a very mild case. No fever just a lot of coughing. My wife was hoping to get it from me so she doesn't have to worry about getting it on the cruise. 

@dickinson So happy you received your FCC.  I would not count on the ship sending in the request for FCC.  Although, I’ve heard it has happened for some folks.  

I hope they start a system to expedite these FCC’s instead of relying on the ship, customer service, TA, CVP or insurance.  No clear instructions.

Yours was 2.5 weeks, but only after you pursued it.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

@dickinson So happy you received your FCC.  I would not count on the ship sending in the request for FCC.  Although, I’ve heard it has happened for some folks.  

I hope they start a system to expedite these FCC’s instead of relying on the ship, customer service, TA, CVP or insurance.  No clear instructions.

Yours was 2.5 weeks, but only after you pursued it.

Thank you.  I was really surprised at how quickly I was called.  Same day!!!  I just wish caller ID identified them or at least said Santa Clarita.  Maybe the rep works from home and that city is where she lives.  Either way, glad I picked up the phone. 🙂

• Like 3

Just got off the Grand. Many, many people coughing and (wet) sneezing, talk of feeling fatigued or feeling better today? or either of you feeling sick? Yet, less than 1% wearing masks, and Princess NOT reminding people to wear masks (nor openly providing them), nor any mention during announcements. I went to the med center to get masks and asked that there be reminder announcements and was told that after these past few years “people know what they should be doing when feeling ill”. Clearly they are out of touch. Sad that Princess doesn’t care about the health of their passengers. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Babyfat101 said:

Just got off the Grand. Many, many people coughing and (wet) sneezing, talk of feeling fatigued or feeling better today? or either of you feeling sick? Yet, less than 1% wearing masks, and Princess NOT reminding people to wear masks (nor openly providing them), nor any mention during announcements. I went to the med center to get masks and asked that there be reminder announcements and was told that after these past few years “people know what they should be doing when feeling ill”. Clearly they are out of touch. Sad that Princess doesn’t care about the health of their passengers. 

Even sadder that passengers don't much seem to care about their own health and that of others.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Babyfat101 said:

I can understand Princess not wanting to remind passengers to wear masks because of everything that happened and with all of the arguing about Covid. They just want to keep sailing at full capacity. I still travel with my own masks, not that it has helped me, but I do wish that they would make announcements offering masks if someone feels that they need them.