New Orleans Cruise on Constellation

kmezz

We are booked on this cruise starting March 1,2025. The cruise states a stop at Yucatán (Progresso) but there nothing on the site showing the excursions. Anyone know why?

Possibly because this is a new port of call for Celebrity, and they're still working out new contracts with tour providers.

Of interest, Merida is still one of the safer parts of the country, such as they are.

• Like 1

Unless things have changed a great deal, there is nothing of note in Progresso, except that it is the longest pier I;ve ever seen! Merida is an interesting city to visit. But if I were to go there again, I would do one of the ruins tours. Not Chichin Itza. Too far away. But there are a couple of other sites not too far away from Progresso. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Celebrity runs the Constellation out of Tampa for Marci Gras with an overnight.  This cruise only has two ports.  Progreso, and New Orleans.  I think the cruise you are looking at is for 2026.  It’s a bit early for excursions.

Edited by fenton04
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, awhfy said:

We’re on that cruise for 2026. The excursions are very few at this time & nothing in Yucatán yet

Is it still Constellation?  What is the date?

We did this cruise on Reflection a few years back (from Ft. Lauderdale).  Very nice, but I would prefer a newer ship.

8 minutes ago, mafig said:

Is it still Constellation?  What is the date?

We did this cruise on Reflection a few years back (from Ft. Lauderdale).  Very nice, but I would prefer a newer ship.

It is Constellation, 15-22 March 2026. Constellation is older & smaller than Reflection. We did the 2020 MardiGras cruise 

one morning it was really cold.  We walked from the ship to the WWII museum and then to Acme Oyster house.

March 15 sounds like it will be warmer.  But who knows with the weather the way it is.

1 hour ago, mafig said:

one morning it was really cold.  We walked from the ship to the WWII museum and then to Acme Oyster house.

March 15 sounds like it will be warmer.  But who knows with the weather the way it is.

Wrong date, it’s February it’ll be cold. It’s Fat Tuesday & Ash Wednesday when we’re there

I'm eyeing this cruise because it's dates in New Orleans.  Had a coworker who did this one before and she stated it was cheaper to do the cruise compared to driving, a hotel, parking,etc in New Orleans itself.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, airlink diva said:

cheaper to do the cruise compared to driving, a hotel, parking,etc in New Orleans itself.

Makes sense.  
NOLA is a long drive for us.  
No flight for us either with the port only two hours away.

I like the idea of only a couple of crazy party days, but then leaving all of that stimuli behind to enjoy a few relaxing days on the ship.

We also have a deposit on the February 2026 sailing.

Edited by Stem to Stern
  • Like 1