Shareperks for P and O shareholder benefit.

Spenno21

I applied for the Shareholder benefit on 12th August for a fully paid Oct P and O cruise.

It has always been dealt with promptly before but as yet I have had no contact.

on the Stockperks App it just says ‘in progress’

Has anyone else had issues recently.

Thanks.

Did you apply by linking to your shareholder account or by submitting documentation?

If it is linked to your account then, I believe, the approval, or not, is almost instantaneous but when you submit documentation then it can take a couple of weeks.

6 minutes ago, Spenno21 said:

I applied for the Shareholder benefit on 12th August for a fully paid Oct P and O cruise.

It has always been dealt with promptly before but as yet I have had no contact.

on the Stockperks App it just says ‘in progress’

Has anyone else had issues recently.

Thanks.

Mine came through pretty quick for P&O but did take several days for a Princess cruise. I seem to remember it mentioning 5 working days so maybe give it till middle of next week then email them

Had 100 CCL shares in 2022, bought for £7 each. Went on a cruise early 2023 and got £150 OBC. Got back off cruise and not that long after CCL shares hit over £13 so sold at £13.40 and pocketed £600 add that to the £150 OBC so more than double my outlay and they haven't reached those heights since and seeing as we will now be on shorter cruises the OBC will be less anyway. Next cruise on Sky princess and have purchased their Plus Package so no gratuities, no drinks to pay for, no speciality coffees, two casual dining nights, 2 x Premier desserts per day. Drinks x $15 x 15 per day. Elite gives us mini bar, afternoon tea in stateroom, canapes on formal nights, free laundry, free shoe polishing. We also have $300 plus OBC. $200 added at booking and a further $100 for replacing a Canadian port and a US port with Brest and Cherbourg and we have a few more dollars for excursions booked as there's a 10% discount given as OBC.

• Haha 1

The Premium Desserts are $12 if you don’t have the Princess Plus fare - seriously overpriced in my opinion! They look impressive, but no fresh fruit apart from the strawberry on top. Just ice cream, cream and sprinkles and a small cookie depending on the option you select. The chocolate that ‘drips’ from the top both inside and outside the glass is rock solid and you can’t eat it. It would crack your teeth! They must prepare the glasses beforehand and freeze/chill them. We just hoped that they wash the glasses thoroughly after each use - it would take some doing to remove the chocolate!

IMG_6928.thumb.jpeg.24989908bdda67d332b46cd6a498dea5.jpeg

• Like 1

Sorry I know I'm late to the party but can you explain the shares to me.

Do I need to buy them before I book a cruise? Do I need to buy direct with P&O? Do they give a fixed OBC per cruise? And how do you go about buying the shares? Sorry!!!

1 hour ago, amurray88 said:

Do I need to buy them before I book a cruise?

No - you just have have proof of ownership about six weeks pre cruise.

Do I need to buy direct with P&O?

No - P&O do not deal in shares.

Do they give a fixed OBC per cruise?

It varies dependant on the cruise length - off the top of my head it ranges from £75 for one week to £150 for over 14 nights.

And how do you go about buying the shares?

You can buy them through a stockbroker or through your bank

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, amurray88 said:

Sorry I know I'm late to the party but can you explain the shares to me.

Do I need to buy them before I book a cruise? Do I need to buy direct with P&O? Do they give a fixed OBC per cruise? And how do you go about buying the shares? Sorry!!!

see links below, The benefit usually renews in November for the following year. 

You can buy shares through companies like Hargreaves Lansdown 

https://www.carnivalcorp.com/shareholder-information/shareholder-benefit

Edited by LifeonMars
  • Like 1

I'm another who has done well with Carnival shares. Bought at £5.40 and sold at £12,25. Had £1250 OBC so very pleased, Giving cruising a rest, not what it was 25 years ago, unless you cruise premium lines. 

16 hours ago, david63 said:

No - you just have have proof of ownership about six weeks pre cruise.

No - P&O do not deal in shares.

It varies dependant on the cruise length - off the top of my head it ranges from £75 for one week to £150 for over 14 nights.

You can buy them through a stockbroker or through your bank

You get £30 or £60 or £150 . Thats less than a week, 7 to 13 days and 14 days ad above

• Like 1

I bought a 100 shares in April for about £1k, registered them with Stock Perks and was credited with £60 OBC for our week on Iona from Aug 3rd.

Sold them on Jul 5 after making a near £300 profit.  Didn't lose my OBC.

Got two Celebrity cruises booked for '25 and '26, but Royal Caribbean shares are roughly £120 each.  

So 12 grand for 2 x $100 OBC credits doesn't excite me.

• Like 1

Just a "heads up" I redeemed shareholder benefit earlier this year for a cruise this November. It gave me a message saying it had been successfully applied. I've just checked again in the app (as I'm transferring it to a new phone) and it now says my shareholder details have expired and I need to resubmit my broker statement. 

48 minutes ago, Mike Senior said:

Just a "heads up" I redeemed shareholder benefit earlier this year for a cruise this November. It gave me a message saying it had been successfully applied. I've just checked again in the app (as I'm transferring it to a new phone) and it now says my shareholder details have expired and I need to resubmit my broker statement. 

Yes mine was same uploaded photocopy of my shareholder certificate and was soon reinstated. Then applied for my OBC for my upcoming cruise on Britannia and was granted very quickly.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Mike Senior said:

Thank you for posting this. Could I ask you something?

Do you mean that the OBC that had already been successfully applied, has now been taken away and you have to reapply... or do you mean that you still have that particular OBC for your November cruise, but will have to submit updated evidence for any future cruises?

I too have a cruise in November and have just uploaded my broker statement, to Shareperks (waiting for a reply). I know that evidence expires after 3 months, but I assumed that, once the OBC has been applied, that would be the end of the matter. 

Apologies if I've misunderstood!

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Norwayfan1 said:

I know that evidence expires after 3 months, but I assumed that, once the OBC has been applied, that would be the end of the matter. 

My understanding is that if you submit any documentation in order to claim OBC then that documentation must be within three months of the submission date (not sailing date). Future OBC requests will require documentation within three months.

Or to put it another way unless you are doing a lot of cruises close together you will need to submit new documentation for each cruise.

If you link to your broker account then that is a one off.

Edited by david63

We used stockperks for the first time for a cruise later this year.
It took a 10 days to approve our shares documentation and a couple of days to approve the obc.

Can someone tell me when/where we will be able to see the obc in p&o site?

You can't see it on the site you would have to request an upto date invoice from p and o or your travel agent I think .When I have applied  I ask for new invoice from travel agent and she sends it to me via email with extra obc showing added to any that was there from booking 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, JimMaCruise said:

There is nowhere on the P&O site where you can see that the OBC has been added but you should get a new confirmation invoice with it on.

• Like 1

I quickly looked at the headline " Shareperks for P&O shareholders" and thought that's a novelty. P&O giving shareholders a dog. When I was young and at home with Mum and Dad we had a dog. A Shipperke which for the uninitiated is a Belgian Barge dog.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Cruisemeister2002 said:

I quickly looked at the headline " Shareperks for P&O shareholders" and thought that's a novelty. P&O giving shareholders a dog. When I was young and at home with Mum and Dad we had a dog. A Shipperke which for the uninitiated is a Belgian Barge dog.

Think I am uninitiated. Spelt it wrongly SCHIIPPERKE. Ours was called Skippy. They are affectionately know as "Litter Skipper" Presumably  because of their use on the Belgian barges.

3 hours ago, david63 said:

There is nowhere on the P&O site where you can see that the OBC has been added but you should get a new confirmation invoice with it on.

3 hours ago, JimMaCruise said:

We used stockperks for the first time for a cruise later this year.
It took a 10 days to approve our shares documentation and a couple of days to approve the obc.

This feature of showing the OBC on the MY HOLIDAYS page of your personal planner would be very helpful to everyone. It's strange that P&O don't and won't do it. 

It's all there once you are onboard the ship but a bit late then when you want to check before you sail.

Just bringing this thread back on topic and not talking about dogs for a random reason, lol

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 8/18/2024 at 4:03 PM, Jazzytelly said:

When mine kept saying 'in progress' for weeks I just applied again and it worked.

Was that a situation where you had to upload a proof of ownership document or simply name your broker? I too am waiting on an "in progress" where I uploaded a document, which it said had been received and processed, and time is running out as the cruise is now in just over 2 weeks time.

Edited by bbtablet

Posted (edited)

'24 hopefully the redemption date showing on the "Redeemed" tab of your Stockperks account is more than 3 weeks before the sailing date.

Stockperks.jpg

Edited by Mike Senior
increase text size