Transportation from Tampa Airport to Cruise Terminal

Good Morning, I'll be cruising in February 2025 on the Jewel. How far is the Cruise Terminal from the airport? Is is better to take the Norwegian transport or just an Uber/Taxi? I'm trying to plan ahead of time. This will be my first time cruising solo and my first time on the Jewel. 

Thank you, Carol

unless things have changed, in the past ncl charged about $75 for their shuttle. it's been a few years, but i recall taking a taxi from  the airport to the ship. sorry, cant recall the fare, but i believe it was less than ncl charges.

regardless, as many people will advise you, be careful if youre planning to arrive the day of departure. if anything goes wrong, weather, flight delay, etc you may miss embarkation

best  to go in a day before, chill out at a hotel, and then grab a cab to the ship. provides a lot more peace of mind

• Like 1

It has been a few years but we cruised out of Tampa and need transport from the airport to the terminal. As we walked through the airport, we saw an NCL rep with a sign for their shuttle. We asked and told that it was around $75 pp and we could go, get on the bus and wait for it to fill. Instead we walked out the door, hopped right into a taxi and off we went for probably half the per person cost of the NCL shuttle. Taxi was very easy and affordable.

1 hour ago, complawyer said:

regardless, as many people will advise you, be careful if youre planning to arrive the day of departure. if anything goes wrong, weather, flight delay, etc you may miss embarkation

best  to go in a day before, chill out at a hotel, and then grab a cab to the ship. provides a lot more peace of mind

Best idea! The Quality Inn airport hotel even offers a shuttle for a small fee.

We cruised out of Tampa February ‘23. Spent a couple of days at Residence Inn Downtown, Meeting up with sis from Germany. We had the best time! The area is very walkable. Walked to iconic University of Tampa building, the free trolley took us all the way to Yber City. Ate a delicious meal at Columbia restaurant. Took the trolley back, walked back to the hotel. On the morning of embarkation we took an Uber to the cruise terminal. Don’t remember how much, maybe $40 for all four of us. Post cruise we took the NCL excursion to the airport to get our rental cars. The tour was nice and we saw everything we hadn’t seen during our pre cruise walks.

we always try to turn pre and post cruise days into another mini vacation.

Enjoy!

On 8/18/2024 at 10:41 AM, Royals Carol said:

Good Morning, I'll be cruising in February 2025 on the Jewel. How far is the Cruise Terminal from the airport? Is is better to take the Norwegian transport or just an Uber/Taxi? I'm trying to plan ahead of time. This will be my first time cruising solo and my first time on the Jewel. 

Thank you, Carol

If you are flying in the day of your cruise, since you are solo, check with NCL for the transfer price. It should be around $25 or less (From MCO to Port Canaveral it is $37.50). If it is more than that get an Uber or a cab. If you are arriving in Tampa the day before you sail, just plan on an Uber or a cab. 

I can help with after your cruise is over and you need to get back to the airport.

There will be a shuttle company holding big signs with service from port to TPA.

It's $10.00pp cash. These fill up quickly and are on their way. We had an easy experience using this option last October.