Maybe all C&A members will stay on RCL after reading this

13 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Thanks! I found it an interesting read. I liked that he explained his specific tastes and preferences which will be helpful to others. 

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

May this story will scare off all the C&A members from Celebrity

One can only hope. 

I did note that the article was written by someone in their 20's with no children.  

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Writer needs "extra spice and seasonings" for more than just the buffet food - needs it for the entire experience.  The conclusion was correct.  RCCL is a better fit for that cruiser, and probably a great many from generations that require a lot of stimulation to feel more connected to the world.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, billc23 said:

Thanks! I found it an interesting read. I liked that he explained his specific tastes and preferences which will be helpful to others. 

Totally agree and would just add that the comments also totally destroy the views made by some that Celebrity is becoming " Royalised" - the differences are very clear

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, the penguins said:

Totally agree and would just add that the comments also totally destroy the views made by some that Celebrity is becoming " Royalised" - the differences are very clear

Thank god.  If I want a party boat I’ll go with Virgin not a cruise line for children.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

Royal cruisers are more cult like than any other group I have talked with…

He says he wants “energy”.  I would be impressed if this guy was swimming laps around the ship, not riding a surfing simulator.    Why isn’t he on Virgin is what I want to know.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, zitsky said:

He says he wants “energy”.  I would be impressed if this guy was swimming laps around the ship, not riding a surfing simulator.    Why isn’t he on Virgin is what I want to know.

He probably wants his 5 Diamond drinks a day , also VV is more expensive 😉

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

He probably wants his 5 Diamond drinks a day , also VV is more expensive 😉

Unless you are in a suite, the bathrooms are tiny…

2 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

Unless you are in a suite, the bathrooms are tiny…

the size t would not   not  bother me, as long as everything works and is clean  I am ok 😉😁

it is their price that is too high 🤔

Posted (edited)

Not these two CAS members.  We enjoy and like the differences and similarities between Celebrity and RC. Exactly why others opinions or experiences, positive or negative are only that and why we would not book our cruises based on that.  

Edited by doghog
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, zitsky said:

A 20 something who likes to drink a lot.  And they prefer RC.  Who would have guessed?

Not sure where you got that: "I’m not a huge drinker, but I love utilizing the Diamond drink vouchers to sample cocktails around the ship, whether it be the Toasted Marshmallow Old Fashioned or Cucumber Martini."

You can actually drink more on Celebrity, just fewer drink options and for a shorter period. If you want to get slammed on gin and tonics in two hours, Celebrity is your cruise line...

2 hours ago, canderson said:

Writer needs "extra spice and seasonings" for more than just the buffet food - needs it for the entire experience.  The conclusion was correct.  RCCL is a better fit for that cruiser, and probably a great many from generations that require a lot of stimulation to feel more connected to the world.

It's interesting but people on this board frequently complain about the food in Luminae and Blu being "too fancy" for them. Not so much the MDR where he was eating, but that observation isn't new or uncommon among Celebrity cruisers on this board. I will agree that I've had a number of dishes that seemed so wonderful in the description but were kind of bland in execution. 

I kind of read a lot of his comments as wanting to try a cruise line with fewer kids as a single traveler, but discovered that a lot of the things he most enjoyed came with the kids. In a nut shell.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

the size t would not   not  bother me, as long as everything works and is clean  I am ok 😉😁

it is their price that is too high 🤔

Agree on the price..

2 minutes ago, Orator said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but many feel that Celebrity is more like RCCL every day.

I think that is incorrect , IMP , my last RCL cruise was 2 years ago and I would not consider them to be the same 

15 minutes ago, markeb said:

Not sure where you got that: "I’m not a huge drinker, but I love utilizing the Diamond drink vouchers to sample cocktails around the ship, whether it be the Toasted Marshmallow Old Fashioned or Cucumber Martini."

You can actually drink more on Celebrity, just fewer drink options and for a shorter period. If you want to get slammed on gin and tonics in two hours, Celebrity is your cruise line...

It's interesting but people on this board frequently complain about the food in Luminae and Blu being "too fancy" for them. Not so much the MDR where he was eating, but that observation isn't new or uncommon among Celebrity cruisers on this board. I will agree that I've had a number of dishes that seemed so wonderful in the description but were kind of bland in execution. 

I kind of read a lot of his comments as wanting to try a cruise line with fewer kids as a single traveler, but discovered that a lot of the things he most enjoyed came with the kids. In a nut shell.

“Not a huge drinker”?  For someone who doesn’t like to drink they sure talked about it enough. 

• Like 1

Nothing scary here. I have sailed on Royal Caribbean and if the loyalty program is important to you then I will agree theirs is better than Celebrity. As far as the on board experience Royal Caribbean does have more Pay for restaurants but that's because the ships are cities and not cruise ships. You can't compare the Icon or Oasis class with the Edge class and be happy with Celebrity. Two different animals. These larger ships also have better entertainment. The smaller ships are more on par with Celebrity. Also Royal Caribbean does have a better drink package as it is all premium and Celebrity keeps diluting the premium offerings. Celebrity is for grown ups who want a certain itinerary that the Royal ships don't have access to due to size and Royal Caribbean is for families where the ship is the destination. Nothing new here.

Just my opinion but we were on Celebrty Beyond and the 4 months later on RCCL Adventure in late 2023and early 2024. I’m not comparing ships but the experience on RCCL was much more high energy all day. Much more focused on family time… Celebrity also had energy but more adult focused and more old school cruising ..I hope that description helps 

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, markeb said:

Perhaps a nuttier shell:  Still also a kid, but doesn't want the younger ones underfoot.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, canderson said:

Years ago we loved RC now it would take a special itinerary to get me back on one. The three things I do miss are the carousel (I will never be too old to ride one), the crazy golf (great for after breakfast) and the ice shows…

I totally get what the writer was saying as you do. He thought he wanted a more relaxed cruise experience but in reality he did want the spice and seasonings that RC offers…

The art to choosing the ‘best cruise line’ is not about choosing a cruise line’s offerings but of being cognisant as to what is really important to you…

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Orator said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but many feel that Celebrity is more like RCCL every day.

We like both cruise lines for different reasons but IMHO the newer RCI ships are nicer than X. Balconies have much better deck furniture than the cheap crap that X has placed on the Edge class. Entertainment on the Quantum and Oasis class cannot be beat. We have found that the food in Coastal Kitchen is just as good as Luminae and specialty dining is equal. Not great on either line but good. 

In the end we have found the two cruise lines to be more alike than different. Many like to think that Celebrity is a luxury line. They’re not. They’re mass market just like Royal but catering less to families. 

• Like 1