New Princess Premium package - will Celebrity follow?

ISABELLA

Princess Cruises are rolling out New Princess Premium package for $90.00/pp/day.

Highlights are unlimited drinks upto $20.00/ea, unlimited specialty restaurants, all gratuities, enchanced WiFi  plus a whole list of other stuff.

Just wonder if Celebrity will enchance their packages.

What do you think?

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Cruise Junky said:

Celebrity’s drink packages already sell for that, why give people extra? 

I have yet to pay $90 PPPD…lucky maybe..

Just now, canderson said:

Guess it depends upon what you book.

Already getting all of that and more except for grats and the extra $3/drink (vs. $17 on X).  Pass for now.

Okay I’m missing something…and if there’s a trick I’d like to know…WiFi, unlimited speciality dining and drinks for $90 or less? The numbers might work in an upper suite scenario unless I’m missing something but then again those are built into the price so I’m sure are valued at more.

1 hour ago, ISABELLA said:

Princess Cruises are rolling out New Princess Premium package for $90.00/pp/day.

Highlights are unlimited drinks upto $20.00/ea, unlimited specialty restaurants, all gratuities, enchanced WiFi  plus a whole list of other stuff.

Just wonder if Celebrity will enchance their packages.

What do you think?

Hope not.. will clog specialty dining..which is well utilized on X

This really isn't new. Princess has changed their Premium and Plus offer several times since 2021(?). If I recall it used to start at $30 and $50 per day per person with varying things included over the years. This probably won't be well received at the higher price point. There was a big blow up about the way Princess handled it around this time last year. 

I do wish Celebrity would go back to including gratuities in their All Included, and I wish they offered two tiers like they originally did.  Obviously, they'd increase the price of these packages, but I'd rather them do that and include more.

We buy the Premium Drink Package and the Premium wifi.  It is inconvenient to get the current All Included Package, then still be forced to pay for upgrades for drinks and wifi.  Doesn't make sense.

1 minute ago, FeliciaB said:

For premium drink package including the gratuities?  

He mentioned the drinks were already that..

Princess isn’t my jam, y’all enjoy 

I think if Celebrity would not make any changes to their packages, they might loose some customers to complete more atractive all inclusive price point.

Thank you  all for your input.

21 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

He mentioned the drinks were already that..

Princess isn’t my jam, y’all enjoy 

She!  And celebrity’s premium package with no discount is $99 plus gratuity per day. 

2 hours ago, thebutlerdidit said:

I say there’s zero percent chance that Celebrity will follow this route. But Princess is sounding interesting to me. It really sounds all-inclusive, and that’s appealing to me. 

We have not tried Princess but their specialty dining is far less expensive than either Celebrity or Royal of which both continue to raise their price while the quality has declined. Overall that’s a pretty good price. I doubt that Princess specialty dining is below that of Celebrity in quality. 

1 hour ago, cruisetonowhere10 said:

Okay I’m missing something…and if there’s a trick I’d like to know…WiFi, unlimited speciality dining and drinks for $90 or less? The numbers might work in an upper suite scenario unless I’m missing something but then again those are built into the price so I’m sure are valued at more.

Yes, upper suite scenario. 

I haven't looked into Princess to see if they offer comparable benefits when booking something similar on one of their ships, but the package definitely won't help me on Celebrity.  Gimme a sec here...

Grand class Princess ships seem to have a comparable size of cabin/veranda in their Grand Suite, so I'll use that for comparison.  But they only comp specialty restaurants on embarkation day.  Celebrity does this for the entire cruise - a better deal for their RS and above suites than Princess in that regard.  Of interest - in their generic suite literature, and perks for individual suite levels, I find no mention of drinks or WiFi as part of the suite deal.  I would definitely be annoyed if Celebrity decided to start charging for those.  Attached their brochure.

PrincessSuite_eFlyer.pdf

1 hour ago, Cruise Junky said:

She!  And celebrity’s premium package with no discount is $99 plus gratuity per day. 

Who pays full price.  Every cruise we have taken since the restart and those we have booked at some point have a sale that drops the $99 price by 35-40%.  

1 hour ago, jelayne said:

Who pays full price.  Every cruise we have taken since the restart and those we have booked at some point have a sale that drops the $99 price by 35-40%.  

Wouldn’t anyone that books onboard pay full price?   I’m sure there are a lot of those.  Not everyone hangs out on CC. 

1 hour ago, Cruise till you drop said:

If you’re not a drinker and a drinker of top shelf liquor, this deal sounds bad

Really?  Specialty dinner, gratuities, wifi and a fitness class doesn’t leave too much to put towards drinks.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Cruise Junky said:

Wouldn’t anyone that books onboard pay full price?   I’m sure there are a lot of those.  Not everyone hangs out on CC. 

You are correct but there are other social media sites ( with a lot more activity than here) that have similar notifications of sales and everyone booked has a Cruise Planner where they look at excursions, specialty restaurants or make reservation for dinner in the MDR.  Flash sales are very visible in the CP.  

Edited by jelayne
Edit