Princess Cruises Enhanced Premiere Package Questions

Posted (edited)

We are going on a Sun Princess b2b cruise but it was booked as a 14 day cruise. We have a few questions and I hope you know the answers. 😊

1) We have Princess Plus. Would we be able to upgrade to the new Premier for only one week since we booked as a 14 day cruise? Booking as a 14 day was the only way that we could keep the same cabin.

2) Are we able to start making SD reservations as soon as we add Premier? 

3) We have a nice chunk of OBC…Is there anyway that we can apply that towards the upgrade cost? 

4) Is Princess Prizes still a thing? I haven’t heard anyone mention it in a long time. 

5) Do you know if the reserved seating is available in the dome area for shows? 

Thank you all for you helpful replies! 

Edited by MsSoCalCruiser

• MsSoCalCruiser changed the title to Princess Cruises Enhanced Premiere Package Questions

I know nothing but I agree with Voljeep. You will have to go through agent I think because packages have to be booked for full booking. If you booked 3 cruises separately it may be possible.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

1) We have Princess Plus. Would we be able to upgrade to the new Premier for only one week since we booked as a 14 day cruise? Booking as a 14 day was the only way that we could keep the same cabin.

Unfortunately, the answer to this question is no.  You would have to have separate booking numbers to accomplish what you are asking.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

Unfortunately, the answer to this question is no.  You would have to have separate booking numbers to accomplish what you are asking.

My opinion as well the package are for the cruise as it is booked. If you had b2b cruises booked as two 7 day cruises then you could have 2 different packages

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You can apply your OBC for the upgrade and you should be able to book some of the specialty restaurants as soon as you book your package.  The best you can do is to upgrade to the premier on day 2 and it will be prorated.  They may even work with you once onboard and you may be able to upgrade the package on day 8.  Maybe?  You can always ask.  
We are on a B2B right now but booked as two 7 night sailings.  We were just going to get the plus package on the second leg but we loved the flexibility of the premier package in terms of dining, so we bought the premier again, but on the second day of the second leg and had almost enough OBC to pay for it.  
Choose your favorite bartender or sommelier for the upgrade as they will get credit for it.  

As I mentioned in another post, Princess prizes is in full swing.  We won a free cruise back in April .. what a treat!  We haven’t won anything on our current B2B but still have a few days to go.  Not to mention, we are being treated like royalty so, I already feel like the luckiest people on earth.  

Of note, there is a welcome to Princess event onboard.  Because we’ve cruised with Princess extensively, we have not attended it before.  We thought, what the heck, let’s go!  Not only did I learn a lot, but they had games and a lot of prizes they awarded.  They probably just went to the new cruisers but, it was fun to see them win.  

• Thanks 1

Thank you all for your helpful replies. We have Plus and neither of us drink very much but we are interested in the unlimited SD & CD, Prizes, and reserved seating. That’s why we were thinking it would be nice if we could try it for one week. I think my belly would be full after the first week. We have enough OBC to cover the upgrade for a week.

This is how much I drink alcohol… Last year I flew to Las Vegas for three days and on the flight home I remembered that I wanted to order a Rum and Coke while I was there. If I have two or three a day, well that’s heavy drinking for me. 🤣🤣🤣