The Fleet Report and Daily for Thursday August 22nd, 2024

richwmn

28 minutes ago, TiogaCruiser said:

Just an interesting aside I noticed in the Lido this morning. They have a fresh egg station that I don’t remember seeing before.

IMG_4989.jpeg

I've not seen that, either. Thanks for sharing - gives me something to look for next month.

• Like 19

Posted (edited)

Good morning everyone.  Thanks for the daily @richwmn.  I will definitely celebrate surgical oncologists prayers we never need to ever meet one. I'll celebrate National Hamburger day instead of Bao.  A very true quote from Smiles.  I love French Onion soup but never have cooked it myself, pass on the Rum Chata but I love SB.  I haven't been to Rotterdam.  

Thanks @JazzyVfor the cares and celebrations reports.  @Heartgrove prayers for your DSIL today.  @Vict0riann prayers for your DH.   Continuing prayers for Melissa, Bonnie, Jacqui, Tana and Terry, Annie and Chuck, Jim and Terri, Sandi's DB and DS and everyone else who are ailing or grieving.  Prayers for all in war zones through no fault of their own, Ukraine, the remaining hostages and the Innocents in Gaza .   

A balmy 47 degrees today but a heat wave will be here starting Sunday.  I will begin staining today while we have cool weather with low humidity.  Have a lovely day!  Nancy 

Edited by ottahand7
  • Like 25
  • Thanks 4

Thank you Rich, thank you Debbie, thank you Vanessa, thank you Ann, and thank you Dixie for all your work.  And thank you everyone for being here!

DSIL's surgery is not until 3:30 this afternoon. I feel sorry for her as no food all day plus no pain medication since 11:00 pm last night.

Stay Safe, and prayers for those in need.

- Jack

• Like 30
  • Thanks 1

Happy Thursday. Thanks for the Daily and Fleet reports. 

Chilly morning here. Love those. 

Getting done things that I need to. One project complete and out of the way. Working on grading assignments and I will be seeing clients and have my class this evening. 48 days to go! 

Bon voyage to @Lady Hudson!

Everyday Bon Voyage Cards, Free Everyday Bon Voyage Wishes | 123 Greetings

Happy Anniversary to @grapau27 and @Paw13!

happy anniversary cats - Google Search Work Anniversary Quotes, Happy ...

Happy birthday to @superoma's DH!

65 Happy Birthday Wishes Involving Cat Meme (with Images)

Thinking of all on the care list. 

Celebrating with all who are celebrating. 

Have a safe and healthy day. 

Thursday funny | Animal humor | Cute cat | Long week | Hang in there ...

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, everyone!

Just a quick note to say hi this morning and then I have to get moving so I am ready for my ride to the airport.  DBIL Mitch is providing transportation this morning.  

@superoma  Happy Birthday to your DH

Birthdaymen.jpg.ea352885816b164e9f90a8984bbdf2bb.jpg

@grapau27 @Paw13  Happy Anniversary to Graham and Pauline!

Anniversary.jpg.215d9aa9678c316c3dfc9b734703b9a8.jpg

Bon Voyage to @Lady Hudson

I'm getting my onion soup in Quebec on August 30th.  Can't wait!

Wishing you all a wonderful day!

• Like 33
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Thank you for today’s FR&D, Rich! My lovely morning has been overtaken by a huge bank of clouds that rolled in about 10 minutes ago. Yesterday was gross, though at least I got some pool time & paver cleaning in. 

Vanessa, hope the maneuver helps with the light headedness, too. Maybe that is a sign that the dizziness is on its way out. Like a last hurrah!

Manicure, Bindi walks, rug cleaning, more paver cleaning, a visit to a second  continuous care retirement community- this one is really close. But I suspect the one I visited last week set the bar with its location.Maybe some pool time. 

IMG_3314.jpeg.5d37e9bd3f1556880f987492549f78aa.jpeg

IMG_3217.jpeg.89dd72ba470b188fde52fb745cd5d947.jpeg

P.S. These come in red, white & rosé.

IMG_3312.jpeg.ddc62cc480f85dd1b359638701ab15c8.jpeg

Praying for all who need our support.  Praying that Tana’s feistiness factor is a 10 of 10 today. Praying that Terry has an uneventful day. Prayers for Melisa, Pat & Ann, Chuck & Annie, Bonnie, @NextOne, Tony, Terri & Jim and Jacqui. Prayers for all the caregivers. 

Cheers to all who are celebrating! Happy Anniversary Graham & Pauline! 🥂 here’s to many more!

May we each find a reason to smile today!

Silver Beach Sauvignon Blanc

This New Zealand SB is loved by thousands of consumers. Many talk about sipping it on a hot summer day. I can almost taste it! Oddly, I could not find any vintage info - so you get to pick. It is easy to find and is certainly priced to try. Online prices start at $10.99.

Distributor notes

When the first growers planted grapes in Marlborough in the 1970s (there is evidence of plantings as early as 1870s), it is unlikely they would have foreseen the extent of the growth and fame that the region’s wine industry would achieve, based upon a single varietal called Sauvignon Blanc. The distinctive pungency and zest fruit flavours of the first Marlborough wines, in particular Sauvignon Blanc, captured the imagination of the country's winemakers as well as international wine commentators and consumers and sparked an unparalleled boom in vineyard development. Worldwide interest in Marlborough wines, particularly Sauvignon Blanc, has continued to fuel that regional wine boom.

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 22
  • Thanks 9
  • Haha 3

Good morning to all.

Another lovely day here in Bluffton, SC,

The weather has finally cooled down and it is finally pleasant.

Yesterday was crazy.  We went to the Opthalmologist at a location that was different than the one we usually go to.  The practice has three locations.  When we arrived we found out that his usual doctor does not practice at that location.  We had the option of seeing a different doctor or getting another appointment.  We chose a different appointment.  We are still wondering why we were given that appointment in the first place.  We had no idea that his doctor did not practice there.  Waste of time. 

Today DH has a Neurologist appointment.  i am always nervous when we go there.  What next? I have all my notes of what has been going on for the last three months. I do more talking than Jim.  We will see.

So that is where we are today.  We go on with the grace of God.

Have a good day everyone.

God Bless,

Terri

• Like 25
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, summer slope said:

Today's drink is wonderful.  We pour it over ice.

Rum Chata:

RumChata, a rum-based cream liqueur with a horchata-inspired flavor profile, has for years been a sensation across the Midwest — Wisconsin in particular — but has more recently soared in popularity across the country. Why? Some may point to its familiar, crowd-pleasing notes of vanilla and cinnamon, while others might attribute its rise to the success of the cream liqueur category in general.
Either way, if you’ve ever come across RumChata, you know that it’s delicious and lends itself well to sweet, creamy drinks. So the next time you have a bottle and aren’t sure what to make, here are eight delightful RumChata cocktails that will not disappoint.
https://vinepair.com/articles/8-best-rumchata-cocktail-recipes/

Screenshot 2024-08-22 at 6.25.02 AM.png

I don’t need rum to chattar, it comes naturally! 😀

• Like 7
  • Haha 17

1 hour ago, TiogaCruiser said:

Just an interesting aside I noticed in the Lido this morning. They have a fresh egg station that I don’t remember seeing before.

IMG_4989.jpeg

The fried egg station has been my normal breakfast for years. I know it was available on my Nieuw Statendam, Zuiderdam, and Volendam cruises most recently. I believe it has been available since they tore down the long line and made the Lido into individual stations.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning and thank you for today's daily reports.

A good quote today.

I will give today's food and drink a miss.

We have been  to Rotterdam several times and we were there on April 3rd 2024.

Important history days today.

I hope everyone is safe and well and y'all have a lovely day.

Screenshot_20240822_113210.jpg

Screenshot_20240822_113238.jpg

Happy Anniversary!!! May sure you add a lighted candle to your anniversary meal!

IMG_2101.thumb.png.cd8a451776f8dd88f9d5f1323887afd8.png

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

Good morning, friends! Thank you for all the prayers & good wishes. The surgery went well & they sent me home later in the afternoon. Modern technology!

Yesterday I had a visit from in-home PT & will have 4 more sessions before I move to PT at the office. Follow-up doctor app't in 2 weeks.

I don't remember being this sore before. DS is taking good care of me & fusses when he thinks I'm trying to do too much. I'm blessed to have him here!

• Like 33
  • Thanks 1