San Diego Wyndham Bayside Hotel

Has anyone stayed at the Wyndham Bayside hotel and then walked to the cruise terminal.  It looks like it would be a short walk with a backpack and a roller bag. The Holland America pre cruise hotel is sold out so I am looking at this as an alternate place to stay.

2 minutes ago, JerryG0828 said:

Has anyone stayed at the Wyndham Bayside hotel and then walked to the cruise terminal.  It looks like it would be a short walk with a backpack and a roller bag. The Holland America pre cruise hotel is sold out so I am looking at this as an alternate place to stay.

We have stayed here multiple times and easily walked across the street. No worries.  Very close by.

• Like 1

It’s very close and you can definitely walk. Springhill, Residence Inn and Intercontinental are a little closer - especially if you are the Broadway vs B St pier. 

Take a cab or Uber from the airport, not HAL’s shuttle. It will be much faster and cheaper.

Lots of good restaurants in Little Italy that you can walk to.

One time we stayed in the street tower and I measured the distance to walk.  From our room to the front desk was almost exactly the same as from our room to the ship!  Easy walk and even a traffic signal to assist you.

I did a coastal down to San Diego in 2019, not even realizing that we'd be directly across the street.  The window of our room almost facing the center of the ship.

It may be cheaper to buy 30,000 Wyndham Reward points, than paying the cash rate for the hotel.

The Bayside is a great location and one we choose when embarking in San Diego. However, it is older and in need of some maintenance, like new carpet and fixtures. For one or two nights it does the job, can’t beat just walking with your luggage across the street. Also a great photo opportunity!  So make sure to request a bay view room. The newer restaurant across the street was very good too. I really miss the departed Anthony’s restaurant. I lived in San Diego for a short while and went to college there so Anthony’s was a

our special place for celebrations. 

On 8/22/2024 at 7:14 PM, CNSJ said:

There is no closer hotel. 

Depending on which terminal, the Residence Inn Bayfront, SpringHill Suites Bayfront or InterContinental San Diego might be closer. All three are directly across from the cruise port and 2 miles from the airport. See the map below.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/j4WRu3FN9sP3d3qS6

On 8/23/2024 at 8:44 AM, Emme1233 said:

I booked the Residence Inn for two nights with points. It looked nice and down on the water. Hope that was a good choice. 

Hopefully it is the Residence Inn Bayfront, DTSD has three Residence Inns.

On 8/23/2024 at 1:54 PM, Sharon in AZ said:

The Bayside is a great location and one we choose when embarking in San Diego. However, it is older and in need of some maintenance, like new carpet and fixtures.

Which is why I'd choose the newish Residence Inn Bayfront, SpringHill Suites Bayfront or InterContinental San Diego.

On 8/23/2024 at 1:54 PM, Sharon in AZ said:

I really miss the departed Anthony’s restaurant. I lived in San Diego for a short while and went to college there so Anthony’s was a our special place for celebrations. 

Anthony's had gotten very sad and dated in everything I was sad initially too, but Miguel's did an amazing job with the Portside Pier.

10 hours ago, KeepCalmBearOn said:

Depending on which terminal, the Residence Inn Bayfront, SpringHill Suites Bayfront or InterContinental San Diego might be closer. All three are directly across from the cruise port and 2 miles from the airport. See the map below.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/j4WRu3FN9sP3d3qS6

Hopefully it is the Residence Inn Bayfront, DTSD has three Residence Inns.

Which is why I'd choose the newish Residence Inn Bayfront, SpringHill Suites Bayfront or InterContinental San Diego.

Anthony's had gotten very sad and dated in everything I was sad initially too, but Miguel's did an amazing job with the Portside Pier.

Yes it is the Residence Inn Bayfront.