Quest is Gone

18 hours ago, Honolulu Blue said:

Thanks for sharing this. I had MarQ as a CD on one of my sailings back in 2018. I think it was the Splendor, but I'm not 100% certain. 

He's a good guy. I'm happy he's one of the very few CDs that survived the pandemic and came back to Carnival. 

As to your original comment,  I'm somewhat confused. I am sure Quest has received a bunch of complaints through the years. Why cancel it now? I'm tempted to ask Mr. Heald about it just to put him on the spot. But I think there's a significant chance that MarQ is trying to pull a fast one for whatever reason. 

Heald keeps saying that it is up to the CD if they want to host it or not.  At least that's what he has said multiple times over the last month. 

13 hours ago, Mike45LC said:

I think the Cruise Director’s staff encouraged the raunchiness.  It wasn’t just a few passengers.

I remember Entertainment Staff leading passengers in a chant “get the f#%> out” telling passengers who might be offended to leave a venue.  Very inappropriate, in my opinion.

It kind of gets the point across and if you are the person that gets offended by this, then it is directed at you.  Too many people go to the r rated comedy shows and then whine about it.  If you aren't up for that type of entertainment, don't go.  No one here cares if you are offended by something that is intended to cause offense to the people that clearly shouldn't be there.

• Like 9

Bollycats, The first rule of Quest is that what happens isn't shared, along the lines of "what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas."

It is a late-night event; that is the first clue that it isn't going to be bedtime stories with cookies and milk.

If it isn't your type of entertainment, don't go - or leave when you realize. Let the people who want to be there enjoy it.

IF Quest is truly axed fleet-wise, then we should all be putting our creative minds together to invent a replacement.  Any ideas?

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Bollycats said:

I've never even heard of this show. Can somebody tell me what it was all about?

It's an adult scavenger hunt that can sometimes get a bit raunchy but for the most part was all in fun!  Never saw anything that was totally unacceptable (unless I missed that one...LOL)

There's always someone who likes to pull the plug on the FUN meter😜

• Like 2

11 hours ago, vwrestler171 said:

Heald keeps saying that it is up to the CD if they want to host it or not.  At least that's what he has said multiple times over the last month. 

It kind of gets the point across and if you are the person that gets offended by this, then it is directed at you.  Too many people go to the r rated comedy shows and then whine about it.  If you aren't up for that type of entertainment, don't go.  No one here cares if you are offended by something that is intended to cause offense to the people that clearly shouldn't be there.

A “trigger warning “ is fine, but crowd chants of “get the f——- out” is not acceptable.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Mike45LC said:

A “trigger warning “ is fine, but crowd chants of “get the f——- out” is not acceptable.

Neither the notice in the FunTimes, the sign outside the venue nor the announcements by the CD got the message through.

Edited by Elaine5715
  • Like 6

20 hours ago, Mike45LC said:

There are plenty of trigger warnings prior to entry to the activity.  If you don't realize that Quest is Animal House writ large, I'm not sure what to say.

If you are offended by that chant, then indeed, the activity is not for you, and that should be a big hint that you misread the signage going in.  Because it is only going to get more offensive.

There are plenty of things in life that I don't think I would enjoy, but I don't ask for those activities to be banned, I just carry on with the things I do enjoy.

• Like 10

On 8/24/2024 at 6:22 AM, shof515 said:

i think its due to the world we live in now where its possible for other people to ruin things for people. this is very common outside of cruising. a bigger issue is way the world is now with everyone being sensitive and "political correct" for the lack of better words

People look for a a chance to be offended these days.  No one is forced to go.  If it doesn't interest people then they shouldn't go.

• Like 3

On 8/24/2024 at 12:38 PM, Mike45LC said:

I think the Cruise Director’s staff encouraged the raunchiness.  It wasn’t just a few passengers.

I remember Entertainment Staff leading passengers in a chant “get the f#%> out” telling passengers who might be offended to leave a venue.  Very inappropriate, in my opinion.

With the 18+ denoted in the Fun Times and at the door coupled with the late hour these things occur, I wouldn't exactly contend they are much of a public venue like say the lido deck at noon. I've also seen the staff at the entrance ask for some form of ID when someone who looked under 18 tried to enter, much like at the nightclub.

Chanting GTFO is hopefully one of the least inappropriate things you are going to encounter at these events.🤣

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Sounds like some of you should try virgin cruises (or as I call them, the promiscuous cruises), where blow up dolls adorn the pool deck, and the entertainers toss condoms out. I’m glad Carnival is trying to move upmarket. I only hope they continue to do so. Not a prude, but a girl whose age was called into question openly stimulating herself (as implied by a statement in here) is HIGHLY inappropriate. I don’t need to state the legal reasons why. 

Edited by UPNYGuy

37 minutes ago, UPNYGuy said:

Sounds like some of you should try virgin cruises (or as I call them, the promiscuous cruises), where blow up dolls adorn the pool deck, and the entertainers toss condoms out. I’m glad Carnival is trying to move upmarket. I only hope they continue to do so. Not a prude, but a girl whose age was called into question openly stimulating herself (as implied by a statement in here) is HIGHLY inappropriate. I don’t need to state the legal reasons why. 

not at all.  Some of us just believe that if you are going to an "adult" show, you should expect some inappropriate jokes / humor to happen.  If you cannot handle that kind of show, then you should not be there. 

if you don't heed the warnings prior to going in, its 100% on you and not the fault of the cruise line or the CD or anyone else that you got offended / upset by what you saw or heard.

and in regards to the girl who's age was in question - with all things, there's always a chance that SOMEONE is going to take it too far (especially when there's alcohol involved).  This is the "exception" and not necessarily the "rule"...  and the show shouldn't be canceled because of one persons bad judgement.  (but having said that, the CD and/or staff probably should have stepped in before it got as far as it did)

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, UPNYGuy said:

No offense, but your judgment regarding Virgin Voyages might be a little prudish...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, UPNYGuy said:

Quest is actually fun. Virgin's attempt to be over-the-top sexually promiscuous is not fun.

31 minutes ago, angelsfort said:

not at all.  Some of us just believe that if you are going to an "adult" show, you should expect some inappropriate jokes / humor to happen.  If you cannot handle that kind of show, then you should not be there. 

if you don't heed the warnings prior to going in, its 100% on you and not the fault of the cruise line or the CD or anyone else that you got offended / upset by what you saw or heard.

and in regards to the girl who's age was in question - with all things, there's always a chance that SOMEONE is going to take it too far (especially when there's alcohol involved).  This is the "exception" and not necessarily the "rule"...  and the show shouldn't be canceled because of one persons bad judgement.  (but having said that, the CD and/or staff probably should have stepped in before it got as far as it did)

Agree about the CD letting this get too far, and alcohol should never have been served if age was a factor.

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, StephPS79 said:

No offense, but your judgment regarding Virgin Voyages might be a little prudish...

You can consider it to be you like, I just consider entertainment like that to be tactless, and is why I have never went to any of the quest shows on Carnival or Royal Caribbean. 

Edited by UPNYGuy

36 minutes ago, UPNYGuy said:

You can consider it to be you like, I just consider entertainment like that to be tactless, and is why I have never went to any of the quest shows on Carnival or Royal Caribbean. 

Exactly, because you were given the choice to go or not to go.

My comment referred to you having obviously judgmental interpretation of Virgin Voyages.  There are some adult themes (and no kids).  Adult themed ≠ promiscuous.  

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, UPNYGuy said:

Agree about the CD letting this get too far, and alcohol should never have been served if age was a factor.

The only indication the person was underage is people saying "she looked young."

In reality, she was most-likely age appropriate.  I'm not stating an opinion of this supposed incident, but this shouldn't be a factor, unless her age was confirmed.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, StephPS79 said:

Exactly, because you were given the choice to go or not to go.

My comment referred to you having obviously judgmental interpretation of Virgin Voyages.  There are some adult themes (and no kids).  Adult themed ≠ promiscuous.  

It was meant as a facetious comment regarding the entertainment option, not that people that cruise on it actually ARE promiscuous. Hell, I have been on cruises where there are a TON of pineapples and it doesn’t bother me. 😝

Edited by UPNYGuy
  • Haha 2

Just now, StephPS79 said:

The only indication the person was underage is people saying "she looked young."

In reality, she was most-likely age appropriate.  I'm not stating an opinion of this supposed incident, but this shouldn't be a factor, unless her age was confirmed.

And this is also why I am refraining from outright saying she WAS underage. I have no proof. 

8 minutes ago, StephPS79 said:

Exactly, without facts we don't know if they meant she looked young as in 18-20 and should not have been drinking but still allowed to be in attendance as a legal adult who is free to make her own poor decisions, looked young but was actually 21+ and free to make her own poor decisions, or an actual minor under 18 where others would need to be deficient in their responsibilities and/or actively assist her in her poor decision making.

10 minutes ago, nc762shooter said:

Exactly, without facts we don't know if they meant she looked young as in 18-20 and should not have been drinking but still allowed to be in attendance as a legal adult who is free to make her own poor decisions, looked young but was actually 21+ and free to make her own poor decisions, or an actual minor under 18 where others would need to be deficient in their responsibilities and/or actively assist her in her poor decision making.

This is why I refrained from posting she wasn’t of age. It was implied in the post, and I commented in my reply that if this were factual that the reasons were obvious why this wasn’t a good thing.  

1 hour ago, UPNYGuy said:

And this is also why I am refraining from outright saying she WAS underage. I have no proof. 

There's no proof that this even happened.  The Original Poster stated she wasn't there but it was talk around the ship.  We know how that goes.  I was on the Panorama where some people in my Facebook group were certain that a husband had killed his wife at the Atrium bar.  None of them were there but they heard about it.  It never happened.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, UPNYGuy said:

We also do not know what REALLY happened.  All we're hearing is hearsay.  And you know how things tend to get exaggerated or even blown way out of proportion just to make the story even better...  the girls age gets younger and younger, the act on stage gets more and more lewd...  the more the story is passed around, the worse it gets.

I highly doubt that if she was underage, that she would have been allowed to drink (or even allowed to enter the show at all, especially if what others have said is true about checking ID's at the door) but again, I don't know.  I wasn't there and cannot confirm or deny any of the story.

I do know that getting upset about something someone else heard from someone else, is a bit silly.  true or not? we don't know...  and getting offended by it just doesn't make sense at this point.

• Like 1