Celebrity Eclipse . Be honest

1 hour ago, Liao said:

OK this makes sense, it is a review from a cruiser on a different website, but it was NOT a review on Celebrity website, which is where you said you found it.  

Again , you can go to celebrity website and find these negative reviews along with a lot of very positive as well . So Celebrity does not believe in censorship and allows all reviews positive or negative and bravo to Celebrity for that . I pulled these from Celebrity and not some random site 

16 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

We’re also booked on the June 2025 British Isles cruise on the Eclipse and suggest you book one of the aft-facing cabins that are still available before they’re all gone. We were also on the Eclipse in the Spring of 2023 on a transpacific cruise for 33-days and had an awesome time and posted some of our experiences both on and off the ship in a Live From thread that’s included in my below signature area.

BTW I just checked and the Concierge Sunset Veranda is about $300 pp cheaper than a regular Sunset Veranda on the June 4 cruise! 😱
Have never had an aft cabin. Tell me what you like about them .  

2 hours ago, Moxiefurball said:

If you go to celebrity website and click on eclipse there are reviews . Here are two of them . Not sure why you think I’d twist truth

Didn't think that!  That said, I'm sure about 2% (the number of 1 & 2 star reviews) of the general population will never be content with anything.  I tend to lend more credence to the other 98%.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CapeLibertyGirl said:

Now if only they can get rid of the large amount of Covid cases especially the Bermuda and Greenland/Iceland cruises, People are posting on Facebook and Celebrity roll call everyday. We were on the 7/28 Bermuda cruise and everything about it was great. We did test positive when we arrived home which means we were exposed on the ship. Others we met on the cruise got it too. A friend of ours was on Equinox in Barcelona 2 weeks ago said there were many cases. I think we better stop totally blaming passengers coming on board with it ! Time to start testing ship and crew more see if it’s circuiting around the ship. The hand washing/hand sanitizer situation needs improvement/enforcement and possibly the air/filtration system needs to be addressed. We did have a great cruise our 16th on Celebrity 28 times to Bermuda. We were going to book Silhouette for July 2025 not offering cruises to Bermuda last 1 is 6/29. The prices for Suites are ridiculous. We love Celebrity and hope they return to Cape Liberty, NJ in 2026

In Aug 2023 while on a Princess ship many got Covid. We did not . I have found that if you are extremely careful , it may greatly help . Keep hand sanitizer in purse or pocket at all times, in dining room, after touching menus, clean up, try not to use the public bathrooms so if you can go back to cabin  try to,  I do avoid the buffet , but we used to avoid it before Covid as well. But again, you can have a carefree time by just being more careful .

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Moxiefurball said:

In Aug 2023 while on a Princess ship many got Covid. We did not . I have found that if you are extremely careful , it may greatly help . Keep hand sanitizer in purse or pocket at all times, in dining room, after touching menus, clean up, try not to use the public bathrooms so if you can go back to cabin  try to,  I do avoid the buffet , but we used to avoid it before Covid as well. But again, you can have a carefree time by just being more careful .

And sadly sometimes no matter what you do, you still get sick.  On a cruise a couple years ago, was very careful - wearing masks, sanitizing hands, staying away from crowds where possible, etc.., etc..  Still caught it.  Fortunately it was like a bad cold at worst.  It's here to stay, much like the flu and head colds.  I will say that since Covid I have been masking on all flights and that has helped tremendously in cutting down the number of colds I have caught.

• Like 1

We are currently sailing on Eclipse (08/24/2024) and can only attest to my experience. This is somewhat biased but please realize the following has not ruined our cruise as we’ve had a wonderful time. Also this is the first time we haven’t sailed in either a suite or aqua class. 
1. our room attendant has not lived up to our previous experiences on Celebrity as we even had to complain about it. On the other hand the follow up from the concierge, head of house keeping, and guest services was phenomenal. Unfortunately whenever we pass him in the hallway he does not acknowledge us but then he didn’t before our complaint either.

2. Main dining. We chose any time dining and made reservations. We sat in three different sections on the reservations side and the service was slow and nothing much more than handing you the plate and walking away. No checking to see if you liked it or water glass refill just nothing.

A. Sommeliers barely acknowledged our existence. They would take you initial order but would not check on refills ever. It was so bad one day at lunch we literally held our glass up and waved it at them to get a refill. Bar service in the buffet is outstanding.

B. We moved to the non reservation side of the dining room and after they asked why we wanted to move they place us with a wonderful waiter named Gilbert. The service has been outstanding from him and his assistant but I also noticed all the waiters in the area worked as a team brought all dishes out regardless if it was his table. The sommeliers keep our glasses
All that being said everywhere else on the ship has been as good or better than all of our other Celebrity cruises and would not hesitate to sail eclipse again and maybe rethink the anytime dining so we can get to know our wait staff better.

1 hour ago, Luvcrusn said:

We were on the same cruise. We did the same as you did regarding Covid precautions but I came down with Covid the day we left the ship. When I hot home lots of people at home have Covid.  It's on the rise again in PA /NJ. Luckily not too sick. We've had all the shots and boosters and will get the new one. All you can go is wash hands, wear mask in crowds and hope for the best. 

I apologize, I did come off as snarky.  I guess I was just luckier than you.  I've also been vaccinated and still had Covid twice (thank you grandchildren).  The first time was awful and i have no desire to repeat it. My husband who is much less careful than me has not had covid as far as we know, unless he had it with no symptoms. 

It is bad in NJ.  Right now I know 5 people who are currently sick and some others who were sick earlier this month, including my son and dil. 

• Thanks 1

Yes we went ashore in Bermuda. Short walk to our friend Heidi in Art shop

Wednesday and back to ship. Thursday to Horseshoe Bay with ship excursion at 9:00 am back on ship at 1:30. Friday another walk to Heidi in Art shop to visit and see her new dog Toffee. Anyone familiar with Heidi knows of the loss of Buddy and Little Guy. Buddy was on all our trips with Heidi. We didn't use pools or hot tubs and didn't eat at Ocean View. The handwashing/sanitizing is not enforced as you walk into any venue. We were in a Suite so we only ate in Lumine and visited Retreat Lounge 3 times so we were careful where we went. I still think the whole ship needs a good sanitizing and testing of the crew more often. It was a wonderful cruise especially the crew and Tuscan Grille. We we're given a complimentary lunch in Tuscan Grill on last day (Surf&Turf) very good. This is the the 2nd time with Covid 6/22 On Oasis and not as bad as this time. We have been on 61 cruises and 5 more booked. Hope jwlane this answers your question ? So highly likely we it caught on the ship.

7 minutes ago, cruiserss said:

I apologize, I did come off as snarky.  I guess I was just luckier than you.  I've also been vaccinated and still had Covid twice (thank you grandchildren).  The first time was awful and i have no desire to repeat it. My husband who is much less careful than me has not had covid as far as we know, unless he had it with no symptoms. 

It is bad in NJ.  Right now I know 5 people who are currently sick and some others who were sick earlier this month, including my son and dil. 

No apologies necessary! 😀

On 8/23/2024 at 5:52 PM, Moxiefurball said:

. . . We haven’t cruised Celebrity since 2006 and  did four cruises between 2000 and 2006 on Galaxy , Mercury and Century and we loved ships and food. . . 

My first Celebrity cruise was on the Galaxy as well in 2000 and have been on about 10 or 12 since then (and about 10 or 12 on Royal).  It is a different era in cruising now, and the food may not be as good as you remembered.  I was on the Eclipse for 21 nights in April and May of this year (a B2B from Buenos Aires to Rio and then Rio to Cape Liberty).  The food was very average - not terrible, but not that good.  Service was really good, as was the Starlink internet and the entertainment. The ship was in good shape, although it felt dated in places.  I thought it needed to be polished and updated for sure, but not a complete overall.  I would definitely go on Eclipse again, but I would just temper my expectations a bit.

I was on the Edge last September on a B2B from Barcelona.  The food was MUCH better. 

I am curious to try a refurbished Celebrity Solstice class and Millenium class ship.

Incidentally, this was my Aqua Class cabin on my Eclipse B2B.  I was in a regular balcony on the second leg of the trip and it looked exactly the same (except for the 2 bed pillows).  The decor was dated, as you can see, but it was in very good physical shape.

aqua class 1642.jpg

aqua class 1642 bathroom20240420_140007 (1).jpg

• Like 1

We are on the Eclipse right now. Day 10 of a 12 nighter. No problems at all, other than the Park West/Sky Lounge thing.  Food has been fine, crew is great and Captain Morkis even arranged a perfect day to sail through Prinz Christian Sund. Light breeze, lots of sunshine so he even opened the helipad for all of us. We are in a V2 on deck 7 and while it is not new and shiny like the Beyond was in January we are both thrilled with it all.  

• Like 1

We too were on the Iceland Cruise disembarking on 8-16.  We came home well, but witnessed many coughing around us and not looking well.    Not enough was mentioned about Covid on board.  
We are experienced cruisers on Celebrity and feel the experience has definately changed.  Many things we had grown to love are now gone.  Food is less exciting-not bad-but not outstanding. We sailed in Aqua Class . Service great but…… Prices  have gone up, quality not so.  
The  Eclipse is a lovely ship in need of some tender loving care. Our bed was in need of a mattress, but had a topper when we boarded.  No drapes, only the white plastic liners.  Our steward was outstanding.  It seemed he was always present with a Smile and kind word.  He contributed much to our experience.  PLEASE CELEBRITY, listen to your loyal customers.

We have our first Celebrity cruises booked for next May on Eclipse. So excited to be trying a new brand AND our first B2B so we'd better like it since we'll be on there for 25 days?!?

I've read and re-read every post i can find about Eclipse and i now feel very comfortable that we're going to be fine and have a great time on this ship!

We've been on smaller, older ships with Royal and with Carnival, and always have a great time! Often the best itineraries are on these ships and i'm fine with it. Yes, i love the bright shiny new ships too, but when it's just me and hubby we're typically choosing the itinerary first whichever ship it's on. When we travel with family and/or friends we usually lean to the newer ships with more bells and whistles to impress them (especially new cruisers).

My feeling still is the Eclipse needs a good cleaning and sanitizing. There are so many cases especially on the August cruises. They need to start testing the staff/crew more. This strain of Covid is more more contagious then others. If so many cruisers are getting ill certainly the ships people are too. We as passengers expose them then they carry it around. Again, we had a wonderful cruise on Eclipse to Bermuda (8/4) in our Sky Suite expectations were met. We did 15 prior cruises on Summit to Bermuda although sorry it repositioned Eclipse was just as great.

4 hours ago, CapeLibertyGirl said:

My feeling still is the Eclipse needs a good cleaning and sanitizing. There are so many cases especially on the August cruises. They need to start testing the staff/crew more. This strain of Covid is more more contagious then others. If so many cruisers are getting ill certainly the ships people are too. We as passengers expose them then they carry it around. Again, we had a wonderful cruise on Eclipse to Bermuda (8/4) in our Sky Suite expectations were met. We did 15 prior cruises on Summit to Bermuda although sorry it repositioned Eclipse was just as great.

It's not the ship. When we got home to PA I found at least a dozen different friends and family not on vacation in PA and NJ with it. It's rampant now all over.

• Like 1

We were on the ship in January and had a fabulous time.The crew was great and so hard-working (many remembered us as we had sailed on the ship the year before), Captain Nicolas was terrific, and the cruise director Manuel was funny and always around the ship chatting with guests. Yes, the ship is a little worn in spots but that didn't hinder our time on-board. We had no issues in the main dining room and the Oceanview. 

Our first cruise on Celebrity will be on the Eclipse this January. I want have the way it used to be as comparison so I expect to be happy with the Eclipse. 

im not thrilled with the mega ship trend so the Eclipse should be good for us. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Happy fool said:

Our first cruise on Celebrity will be on the Eclipse this January. I want have the way it used to be as comparison so I expect to be happy with the Eclipse. 

im not thrilled with the mega ship trend so the Eclipse should be good for us. 

We don't consider any Celebrity ship a mega ship. 

Edited by doghog

9 hours ago, CapeLibertyGirl said:

That has zero to do with the increase in cases.  It's happening on land every bit as much as at sea.  There are pros and cons of all companies but in my lengthy experience with Celebrity I can tell you unequivocally that they are very, very good with their cleaning and sanitizing. 

• Like 1

We were on the Eclipse 2 years ago and I would sail her again in a minute!  Sure, she could be updated and probably is scheduled for that at some point down the road...but there is also something still cozy and homey about her so I hope they don't do too much!

The ship is always being cleaned....covid is more airborne than anything.  I work in a tourist town and am in contact with hundreds, sometimes thousands on any given day and it is a crap shoot.  I know MANY in my industry and at my place of work that have had it...I've worked closely with them....I just simply go on with business as usual.  I have been in very close contact with many tourists who are visibly ill...business as usual.  By working in this industry I know that anyone can be sick at any time no matter what...I honestly don't think a whole lot of it.  But when it comes down to Celebrity....they have a darn clean ship.

• Like 4

Never intimated the Eclipse was dirty my suite was well taken care of everyday as was other areas of the ship. In fact our Suite was in great condition no signs of wear and tear. .My feeling is sanitizing of railings, elevators/buttons etc. anywhere a lot of places people touch. I know its airborne as we both got it.. We were on Anthem when the news broke about Covid they immediately went around putting sanitizer on everything it was a sticky substance as a cautionary measure. As we all know 2 weeks after that the cruise industry shut down. So again we loved our cruise on Eclipse and would recommend Celebrity cruises to anyone. Unfortunately, the dates of Silhouette 2025 are not good for us as we have other cruises booked July is when we like to cruise to Bermuda on Celebrity and that's not available.

On 8/30/2024 at 12:10 PM, Luvcrusn said:

It's not the ship. When we got home to PA I found at least a dozen different friends and family not on vacation in PA and NJ with it. It's rampant now all over.

Hello neighbor. Sailing on. Eclipse 10/11/24 on the reposition cruise from Boston. Last month quite a few people in our 55+ community came down with Covid. We were on a Panama Canal(full) cruise in February and arrived home with Covid, even though we had shots in fall of'23.  Getting the new Covid shots this week, hoping it works. From reading these threads on CC think they need to do more to prevent the spread of infection.  One thing we try is to wear mask on elevators or otherwise avoid ones that are full. Do they insist people wash hands or sanitize when entering dining?