FREEDOM OF THE SEAS: BEHIND THE LENS. September 8-15, 2024

Posted (edited)

ADDENDUM: 

First energy posted our area would get power back by 10 pm. 

IMG_1598.thumb.jpeg.5bed77d85c19fcf3b2a5e70dc549f439.jpeg

We are blessed at 10:11 pm. 
We have power

We have air conditioning. 

House temp went from 70-79 in 3 hours. 
Humidity——-Well alls I will say is I could win a wet T-Shirt contest —however not gonna happen—-the girls would stay in a down and out position not making it a winning combination. 

Good night. 

Edited by Lionesss
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Coralc said:

Eeew. You have Wheel Bugs. They are supposedly bad, painful biters. We don't have them out here, thankfully. 😊

Ewwwwwweeee

😳

• Like 1

IMG_1575.jpeg.8ff92bf231d8ca0c95da6a377cf86cf3.jpeg

Yes. 

Eleven days till we sail. 

Today me and Miss ZZZZZOEY bond. 

She is 20 months old. We will continue to work on the alphabet and read stories. 
Well I read and she is intent for about 30 minutes. 

She is going through that “I do not know what I want to eat” phase. 
Chicken nuggets

Mac and cheese

Bread and butter pickles 

Mashed Potatoes 

Sausage ….

Remain in her favorite list. 

Today. I will leave here about 7 pm. 
and drive home. 
Should arrive by 10 pm. 

Better get some rest. 

It will definitely be a long day. 

Be safe. 

• Like 6

Always fun to follow along on a Sue thread!  We had those storms up here in Michigan yesterday around 5:30pm.  Lot's of downed trees and power outages here, but luckily not for us!  Have fun with Zoey! ❤️

• Like 1

On 8/26/2024 at 10:46 AM, RobInMN said:

What I find slightly odd is that some RCL ship classes skip 13, others don't

Radiance, Voyager, Freedom, and Quantum classes all have 13

Oasis and Icon classes skip 13

Vision's highest deck is 12

Kind of goes along with RCI's reputation on being consistently inconsistent.

• Like 1

On 8/27/2024 at 12:00 AM, Lionesss said:

From friends we know who also love cruising commented about our booking on Freedom after we have sailed and enjoyed Oasis and Quantum class ships. 

It has been awhile since I've done anything besides an O or Q class ship. I've been wondering how I'm going to feel going back to Freedom. However, I've had great times on her, and other V and F class ships, in the past and expect all will be fine when I board.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Well I never thought this day would end like it has in Bowling Green Ohio.

Just interrupting to say hey there - I'm from NW Ohio & went to BGSU - my brother still lives in Bowling Green!  Stay safe

• Like 1

From Ohio also and I too have friends that still live in Bowling Green. I am from SW Ohio - Daytonian.

Does anyone know if Freedom has an escape room? Did it on the Indy earlier this year and thoroughly enjoyed.

• Like 1

Following another of your great threads, Sue!!  Freedom was our first ever Royal ship!  It was also our very first cruise where a Hurricane traveled West, as opposed to traveling East.  The Hurricane followed us the entire trip!  We had to skip Key West, and the walking bridge in Curacao was closed for the first time in 100 years (we were told).  I bought Sea Bands at the store on the ship, and I did great with them!  (many people on board visited the ship doctor, and barf bags were everywhere!)

Looking forward to following you along.  BTW, that is some collection of cameras you have!  Jim had several of the older ones (I'll have to ask him if he still has them somewhere🤔)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

Following another of your great threads, Sue!!  Freedom was our first ever Royal ship!  It was also our very first cruise where a Hurricane traveled West, as opposed to traveling East.  The Hurricane followed us the entire trip!  We had to skip Key West, and the walking bridge in Curacao was closed for the first time in 100 years (we were told).  I bought Sea Bands at the store on the ship, and I did great with them!  (many people on board visited the ship doctor, and barf bags were everywhere!)

Looking forward to following you along.  BTW, that is some collection of cameras you have!  Jim had several of the older ones (I'll have to ask him if he still has them somewhere🤔)

Over the next few days. I’ll take pictures of the Camera s I have displayed. 
A few are in storage. 

I love Bowling Green university and has a 
Beautiful city. 

This year their band is 

“Second-largest”

Wonder who is first???

😉

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Over the next few days. I’ll take pictures of the Camera s I have displayed. 
A few are in storage. 

I love Bowling Green university and has a 
Beautiful city. 

This year their band is 

“Second-largest”

Wonder who is first???

😉

Thinking that school down south of Scarlet and Grey or TBDBITL? 🤷‍♀️

48 minutes ago, jmh2006 said:

Thinking that school down south of Scarlet and Grey or TBDBITL? 🤷‍♀️

Texas A & M. 

I was surprised when I heard it. 

Being a graduate of.

“ We Are” (Penn State). 

I actually knew it was not O-H-I-O. 

OSU is known for their numerous musical and field arrangements. Not mass numbers. 
I was surprised it did not have the BIGGEST BAND. 

Also. 
This year. BGSU is outstanding!!!!

Looking forward to game day. 

We will start tailgating in September. 

Be safe. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, njship3 said:

Just interrupting to say hey there - I'm from NW Ohio & went to BGSU - my brother still lives in Bowling Green!  Stay safe

I got my BS and MBA from bowling green. Spent many a year there lol. Though I'm from near Cleveland. 

And I was in the marching band, and regular band and got a undergraduate degree in music. I can do 8 steps to 5 yards with my eyes closed. Lol. Been to a lot of games because I was in the marching band.

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 6

3 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I got my BS and MBA from bowling green. Spent many a year there lol. Though I'm from near Cleveland. 

And I was in the marching band, and regular band and got a undergraduate degree in music. I can do 8 steps to 5 yards with my eyes closed. Lol. Been to a lot of games because I was in the marching band.

You are so lucky to have been  in band. 

Growing up my parents did not let me or my brothers take music lessons. 

I love listening and watching band. 

Thank you for sharing. 

18 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

You are so lucky to have been  in band. 

Growing up my parents did not let me or my brothers take music lessons. 

I love listening and watching band. 

Thank you for sharing. 

Idk if lucky. I had lessons from 4th grade on. I spent a lot of time daily practicing. I got a scholarship to Baldwin wallace for the summer I was in 10th grade. In college, bowling green, there were 3 bands, and I was lucky to make the top band. I was a phys ed major and loved sports but people kept saying things impolite about that major and i changed to music.

But i spent a lot of hours practicing for those lessons. I went to state every year and soloed and did ensembles during high school. It was a lot of work I put in too. But yea I graduated in 72 and 74 from bgsu. 

• Like 6

7 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Idk if lucky. I had lessons from 4th grade on. I spent a lot of time daily practicing. I got a scholarship to Baldwin wallace for the summer I was in 10th grade. In college, bowling green, there were 3 bands, and I was lucky to make the top band. I was a phys ed major and loved sports but people kept saying things impolite about that major and i changed to music.

But i spent a lot of hours practicing for those lessons. I went to state every year and soloed and did ensembles during high school. It was a lot of work I put in too. But yea I graduated in 72 and 74 from bgsu. 

What instruments do you play? I play piano and guitar, both self taught. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

What instruments do you play? I play piano and guitar, both self taught. 

Technically clarinet and oboe. Though to major in music you are required to minor in piano. I have extra short fingers and cant reach a tenth. Also took snare drum and a few others, I think cello. But really my instrument was clarinet. I still have one. I played semi pro in the pit orchestra for many many musicals hence why I love seeing them on cruises, music man, half a sixpence, west side story, brigadoon little mary sunshine I could name the old ones forever. I knew all the words, too bad I cant sing.

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Technically clarinet and oboe. Though to major in music you are required to minor in piano. I have extra short fingers and cant reach a tenth. Also took snare drum and a few others, I think cello. But really my instrument was clarinet. I still have one. I played semi pro in the pit orchestra for many many musicals hence why I love seeing them on cruises, music man, half a sixpence, west side story, brigadoon little mary sunshine I could name the old ones forever. I knew all the words, too bad I cant sing.

Hard to play clarinet and sing at the same time!😄 I sing. It works with guitar and piano.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

Posted (edited)

IMG_1599.thumb.jpeg.30988195c6f3bf5823d4c4707bb352ac.jpeg

10 days and counting. 

I had found a magnetic alphabet board at Walmart which included numbers to help Miss ZZZZZOEY learn her letters. 

So I thought I would share a picture similar to what I have. 

So before our vacations  I like to do research and find out as much as I can about our travels. Even though we have cruised mookooo times. 

One thing interesting about the Freedom of the Seas is conflicting information about its original sailing. 

One site lists May 11, 2006

Another site list June 6, 2006. 

Now depending on the definition of “First” it could either be a

Maiden voyage. Vs. first sailing. 

I must be reading into it way to much. 

Finally. Miss Freedom is the only ship in the history of RCI named ships to have a unique length. 

In feet 1,111. 

The two other Freedom class ships: 

Briefly compared here—

Both Independence of the Seas and Liberty of the Seas have the same length yet different from the length of the Freedom of the Seas. 

So I guess when the building site was constructing Freedom of the Seas someone ( not mentioning any names) might have made an oopsy and read the plans a tad differently. 

Or

Better yet, after they built Freedom of the Seas the realized future ships in this class needed more room so they were made BIGGER and added footage. 

Yup

1,112 feet for the two subsequent ships. 

A whole foot. 

Take care. 

Edited by Lionesss
  • Like 9

13 hours ago, firefly333 said:

That is so interesting, Jane!  Unbelievable that you played a semi pro in the pit orchestra for many musicals!!!  Wow!! 

Two of my grandsons began playing the flute in 4th grade.  They both then moved onto the Clarinet.  The older of the two will be playing for the High School Marching Band for the Third year come September.  The younger of the two has just joined the High School Marching Band.  Both boys are in their School Bands, and love it!  The older of the boys plays several instruments, and is determined to learn more!  He played the Clarinet his first year in Marching Band; he taught himself the Saxophone and played that last year Marching.  He is going to be playing the Tuba in the Marching Band this coming year.  He also plays the Trumpet.  My favorite is the Saxophone.  He plays that in the School Band, and in a competitive Jazz Band.  The younger grandson will be playing a Baritone.  I love it!!!  

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Lionesss said:

IMG_1599.thumb.jpeg.30988195c6f3bf5823d4c4707bb352ac.jpeg

10 days and counting. 

I had found a magnetic alphabet board at Walmart which included numbers to help Miss ZZZZZOEY learn her letters. 

So I thought I would share a picture similar to what I have. 

So before our vacations  I like to do research and find out as much as I can about our travels. Even though we have cruised mookooo times. 

One thing interesting about the Freedom of the Seas is conflicting information about its original sailing. 

One site lists May 11, 2006

Another site list June 6, 2006. 

Now depending on the definition of “First” it could either be a

Maiden voyage. Vs. first sailing. 

I must be reading into it way to much. 

Finally. Miss Freedom is the only ship in the history of RCI named ships to have a unique length. 

In feet 1,111. 

The two other Freedom class ships: 

Briefly compared here—

Both Independence of the Seas and Liberty of the Seas have the same length yet different from the length of the Freedom of the Seas. 

So I guess when the building site was constructing Freedom of the Seas someone ( not mentioning any names) might have made an oopsy and read the plans a tad differently. 

Or

Better yet, after they built Freedom of the Seas the realized future ships in this class needed more room so they were made BIGGER and added footage. 

Yup

1,112 feet for the two subsequent ships. 

A whole foot. 

Take care. 

I had to double check on this as I always thought they made the next one bigger so it could be advertised as the (next) biggest ship in the world .

According to what I found , Liberty was actually 1111.94 , and Indy 1112

Cheers

• Like 1