Cellar Masters?

39august

It's been a few years since I was on a ship with Cellar Masters, so here's a question. Am I remembering correctly that the seating alcoves have curtained windows?  

They do, think its pretty much the same set up curtain wise as the ensemble area.  othewise it is a dark area in general the whole cellar masters.  Too bad they never got the spot right.  Tho kind of happy with how craft social is now in its place.    

23 minutes ago, 39august said:

Thanks. So I can go in there during the day and open the curtains if I wish...considering no one else is in that seating area. 

Also wondering 'which ship'.  Some don't even have a Cellar Masters now - converted to Craft Social during the 'rev'.

As to the curtains, they are 'openable' and are opened for some daytime events held in that area on M class ships - e.g., the 'World Wine Tour' - in order to brighten things up.

3 hours ago, jelayne said:

Of the E class ships both Equinox and Silhouette have Craft Social in Place of Cellar Masters.

Didn’t catch that typo shoukd have read - of the S class ship…..

On Eclipse the signage and menus still say Cellar Masters, but the experience is Craft Social.

The menu, small plates, and TVs from Craft Social are there - but Cellar Master dark wood walls remain, minus the Wine Dispensing machines which have been replaced by the Craft Social TVs and programming.

Sorry to hear this! I can do without the TV's of Craft Social. Does it still have the seating niches by the wall with the windows? I know they can't have gotten rid of windows!  And the seating away from the bar? Still have the few easy chairs? 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, 39august said:

Thanks for the pics.

You can usually find pictures of all ship on CruiseDeckPlans.com   On the deckplans if there is a camera icon ... just click it.   It shows both cabins as well as public area. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

You can usually find pictures of all ship on CruiseDeckPlans.com   On the deckplans if there is a camera icon ... just click it.   It shows both cabins as well as public area. 

That is generally the best source for information. On the landing page for each ship, there is also a link to photos and videos under each cabin type, if one's question does not pertain to a specific cabin.

One can also search for a specific ship from Cruise Critic's home page (Click "Reviews" and get the drop-down menu "Choose a Ship"). Cruise-line-supplied and customer pictures under the appropriately-labeled tab usually include at least one or two that are not on CruiseDeckPlans.

The only thing to be careful about when viewing photos and videos on cruisedeckplans is to be mindful of the dates.  They've amassed an incredible gallery there over a considerable length of time, but as a result, you have to pay attention to whether a particular photo or video is current when viewing them. 

If a person is wondering what a Royal Suite looks like on Millennium, there's quite a difference in appearance pre/post Revolution, and CDP has plenty of photos both ways.  Is the current layout for a given M class a combo of bench seating + chairs around the dining table, or all chairs?  How big is the table?

It was just noted a couple of days ago that the use of space in the Millennium M class PH changed due to the Revolution in addition to the appearance change (no more vanity area outside the master bath - just another closet now - for example). 

• Like 1

Good point.   There are still a lot of old pictures. on the site.   BTW not sure people are aware but if you upload pictures they send you money for each... don't remember the amount but something like 25 cents per picture and more for a video

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Good point.   There are still a lot of old pictures. on the site.   BTW not sure people are aware but if you upload pictures they send you money for each... don't remember the amount but something like 25 cents per picture and more for a video

It's 50 cents for pics now, and can be used to offset the membership cost as I recall.

Don't want to scare anyone - it's not a pure member site.  But membership does get you access to more.  Definitely well worth a look.