What is the limit for bringing non-alcoholic beverages on a Celebrity Cruise?

chrismch

Three weeks ago, I boarded a  cruise in Ft. Lauderdale with 2 12 pack cans of club soda for both of us in the cabin. At boarding, we were pulled aside to check if we were within the allotted amounts as it's a specific number of ounces. We were approved, but we were also told this was a new ruling and several other people complained about limitations. 

Now I can't find what their policy is at all for non-alcoholic beverages on their site. I've written the question in mulltiple ways with no results. Can someone show me a link so I can plan for our upcoming cruise?

13 minutes ago, chrismch said:

Three weeks ago, I boarded a  cruise in Ft. Lauderdale with 2 12 pack cans of club soda for both of us in the cabin. At boarding, we were pulled aside to check if we were within the allotted amounts as it's a specific number of ounces. We were approved, but we were also told this was a new ruling and several other people complained about limitations. 

Now I can't find what their policy is at all for non-alcoholic beverages on their site. I've written the question in mulltiple ways with no results. Can someone show me a link so I can plan for our upcoming cruise?

Quick Google of a few cruise sites says one 12-pack soda/pp.  The Celebrity FAQ's just say subject to limitations but does not state a specific quantity.

1 minute ago, Liao said:

subject to limitations but does not state a specific quantity.

Google search doesn't bring up "current" limitations. I want to see it on the Celebrity site for verification so there are no surprises when we board.

We just disembarked from Eclipse on 8/16. We brought a case of water (24 bottles) which was shrink wrapped from the store. We put a luggage tag on the case when we arrived at the port (Cape Liberty) and gave it to the porter along with our luggage. It was delivered to our cabin and no one raised an eyebrow or questioned anything.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, styles27 said:

Found this…12 standard 17oz cans, bottles etc. 

Only thing I’m seeing with exact weight/amount that is allowed. 

IMG_2590.thumb.jpeg.6abd17fa6b80dd82a53c2b375c62ac36.jpeg

Since you’re quoting AI as the source, it’s hard to know whether it’s current or the official policy or old info from a non celebrity website. I wouldn’t trust AI without knowing the source of the info.  The latest I’ve seen in official Celebrity policy is that you can bring what you can carry.  

Edited by dcbiker97
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, dcbiker97 said:

Since you’re quoting AI as the source, it’s hard to know whether it’s current or the official policy or old info from a non celebrity website. I wouldn’t trust AI without knowing the source of the info.  The latest I’ve seen in official Celebrity policy is that you can bring what you can carry.  

It’s actually from the Royal Caribbean site. I searched Celebrity and Royal Caribbean Group came up with all 3 of their lines on the bottom of that page. 

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/food-drink-onboard-policy

Edited by styles27
Clarification
  • Thanks 1

Royal Caribbean and Celebrity don’t share the same terms and conditions so what’s on Royal’s page isn’t applicable.  Here is the verbage from Celebrity’s:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/faqs/while-on-board#beverage-packages

Can I bring soda or water onboard with me?

Yes! On embarkation day only, guests are welcome to bring on any non-alcoholic beverages. They are limited to what can be hand-carried onboard by each individual.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, dcbiker97 said:

12 standard 17oz cans, bottles

That is what the inspector at the port told me. However, we had TWO 12 pks of soda and they still allowed us to take it. It was in a roll on bag

Edited by chrismch
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, mkcurran said:

Hand carry, or can I put them in a bag with wheels?

Again, as I posted above, we took a case of water still shrink wrapped from the store (24 bottles) to the port with a luggage tag attached to the top.  We gave it to the porters before entering the terminal and it was delivered to our cabin.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, janetz said:

Give it to the luggage porters.

It is allowed 😊

It does state must be hand carried on board now. 

• Like 1

That is thru the cruiseline NOT the luggage handlers.

Two different entities 

The luggage handlers will take it and send it to your cabin.

Always, as we just did. 

People go on and on about this 😊

We will continue to use the luggage porters and you can carry yours on 

Happy Cruising 🥳

• Haha 1