Labor Day Sales???

It has been a few years since we sailed with Royal Caribbean so I haven't been very active on their board.  Has anyone heard if Royal Caribbean will be offering any Labor Day sales?  I am shopping around with various cruise lines and trying to get an idea of the cruise costs.  Thanks in advance to those who take the time to reply to my post.

10 hours ago, Italy52 said:

I am shopping around with various cruise lines and trying to get an idea of the cruise costs. 

Go to a site like cruiseplum which has both historical pricing trends and a filter which can narrow down your search.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I cut and paste my answer from your same question on the Celebrity board, as both cruise lines are owned by the same parent company (RCG) and run very similar sales and promotions.

There likely will be some sort of Labor Day promotion as when one ends the next begins, so whatever is in place now will be followed by another.  But most promotions are very similar to each other with the net fares offered being very similar.  If you are hoping for something more such as some amount of OBC, that is not to likely as most promo's in recent years are just fare based.

If over the upcoming Holiday you see a fare that is attractive and within your budget for an itinerary you are interested in, I would suggest booking it and then continue to watch your booked fare for any future decreases.  Should that occur just contact whomever you booked through and they can arrange a fare adjustment for you.

The other alternative would be to contact a travel agent and check fares through them as they have access to lower group based fares not available direct from the cruise line to the general public that also may contain some amount of OBC.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, nhraformula00 said:

There are really no sales anymore. If you book way out1 to 1 1/2 years generally the cheaper the rates are. Sometimes if a ship does not fill up fast enough they will discount the rate. 

Yeah that has not generally been my experience.  I have a March cruise currently booked.  I looked at it in May and booked in June.  Since then it’s gone down $1850 since I looked, $1400 since I booked and added $100 OBC.  I think it is very random much like SWA fares.  When I have stuff booked, I check prices almost every morning with my coffee.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, poocher said:

Yeah that has not generally been my experience.  I have a March cruise currently booked.  I looked at it in May and booked in June.  Since then it’s gone down $1850 since I looked, $1400 since I booked and added $100 OBC.  I think it is very random much like SWA fares.  When I have stuff booked, I check prices almost every morning with my coffee.

It is NOT A SALE price just for Labor Day. It is just not filling up as fast as the cruise line predicted and they keep lowering the price. The prices are controlled by algorithems, it is a billion dollar business for each sailing. 

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, nhraformula00 said:

It is NOT A SALE price just for Labor Day. It is just not filling up as fast as the cruise line predicted and they keep lowering the price. The prices are controlled by algorithems, it is a billion dollar business for each sailing. 

I agree, it’s not a Labor Day sale.  What I have not found to be true is that prices are cheaper a year out.  Maybe that had been your experience but not mine.

Edited by poocher