Day 1 of the new Premier Package has arrived

15 hours ago, sultan_sfo said:

That is the key phrase.

Hope you have figured out that the APP makes it very easy to go thru day-by-day to see what "Specialty" are available day to day. But unfortunately, we are not interested in any of the "availables" now even for our 2nd free specialty on the SunP for any date between Sep14 to Oct 9. Maybe once we board we may find some hidden venue.

I called again yesterday for the upmteenth time & just like all the other times they couldn't provide me with even one SD reservation for our next cruise on the Sun. The app has never worked for us making reservations prior to boarding any ship or maybe it's just the way I'm attempting to use it. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, sultan_sfo said:

That is the key phrase.

Hope you have figured out that the APP makes it very easy to go thru day-by-day to see what "Specialty" are available day to day. But unfortunately, we are not interested in any of the "availables" now even for our 2nd free specialty on the SunP for any date between Sep14 to Oct 9. Maybe once we board we may find some hidden venue.

I recently checked availability at Catch  on one of our cruises, there were dates with no availablity, dates with odd times 1,2,3 max 4 options

When I changed to 4 people some days every time available, some loads and only a couple with limited options.

I suspect once on board those 4 tops that can't be booked on the app for 2  are made available.

This probably also opens up spare empty tables as galley and wait staff are set for those tables having 4 but now only have 2.

Could buddy up link bookings and get tables for 4

• Like 3

Does anyone else find what princess is doing with the “unlimited” SD dining obscene? They have 400 (a guess but you get the idea) seats in SD dining a night and they have 2,000 people paying extra to get seats that are not available. And a further 2,00o people who would also like to experience SD dining at least once on a cruise. 

There are some people on this board who have booked SD every night of their cruise. 

There’s a big difference between unlimited drinks (which really are unlimited) and unlimited dining which has a very limited supply. 

Edited by paddingtonbear
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 555 said:

I called again yesterday for the upmteenth time & just like all the other times they couldn't provide me with even one SD reservation for our next cruise on the Sun. The app has never worked for us making reservations prior to boarding any ship or maybe it's just the way I'm attempting to use it. 

Are there people on your roll call who are able to book SD?  If so, it’s on your end.  

If it’s on your end try:

Did you delete the downloaded App and then install?  Make sure to sign out of the website before reinstalling the App.  

I’m sure you’ve tried these, but trying to see if you have done these.

Is this mainly the Sun?  Or, any ship?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Are there people on your roll call who are able to book SD?  If so, it’s on your end.  
Probably so. 

If it’s on your end try:

Did you delete the downloaded App and then install?  Make sure to sign out of the website before reinstalling the App.  
I've done that numerous times in hopes of getting an updated version. 

I’m sure you’ve tried these, but trying to see if you have done these.

Is this mainly the Sun?  Or, any ship?

Only the Sun Princess.

See above.

What is puzzling to me is that even the call center isn't able to book reservations. Very strange. 

46 minutes ago, paddingtonbear said:

Does anyone else find what princess is doing with the “unlimited” SD dining obscene? They have 400 (a guess but you get the idea) seats in SD dining a night and they have 2,000 people paying extra to get seats that are not available. And a further 2,00o people who would also like to experience SD dining at least once on a cruise. 

There are some people on this board who have booked SD every night of their cruise. 

There’s a big difference between unlimited drinks (which really are unlimited) and unlimited dining which has a very limited supply. 

We fell for the new enhanced Premier package (upgraded from the Plus) and have our doubts since we aren't able to book even one SD prior to boarding. 

I talked to a rep at the call center and asked if she knew if the Premier package was being limited & she hadn't heard anything abou it. 

Another joke is the "unlimited" casual dining. Since the casual restaurants are usually open on sea days and on our 7 day trip we only have 2 opportunities to attend them.

So much for unlimited. 😄

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, paddingtonbear said:

2000 people paying extra? I doubt half the passengers on the ship are booking Premier. I would guess it's closer to 10-15%?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, insidecabin said:

I recently checked availability at Catch  on one of our cruises, there were dates with no availablity, dates with odd times 1,2,3 max 4 options

When I changed to 4 people some days every time available, some loads and only a couple with limited options.

I suspect once on board those 4 tops that can't be booked on the app for 2  are made available.

This probably also opens up spare empty tables as galley and wait staff are set for those tables having 4 but now only have 2.

Could buddy up link bookings and get tables for 4

Where on the app are you changing the amount of people? I can’t figure that out. Thank you. 

3 hours ago, 555 said:

See above.

What is puzzling to me is that even the call center isn't able to book reservations. Very strange. 

Each time I talked to the Ocean employee, I was told that they see the exact same thing that we do. So, of course, nothing was available for me.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, 555 said:

The app has never worked for us making reservations prior to boarding any ship or maybe it's just the way I'm attempting to use it. 

@555 It does seem strange that you continue to have this problem.  So exactly how are you trying to book?  List steps, maybe (big maybe) someone can suggest something to try,

• Like 1

Interesting twist to Premier 90.  I wonder if Princess will take notice if there are a significant amount of Premier 90 cancellations on embarkation day due to (inability to book) SD requests.

I could see this working if there were multiple SD rooms on a given ship.  Again, Princess is offering unrealistic perks (unlimited specialty desserts, unlimited gym classes, unlimited dining, 15 drinks, etc).

• Like 1

On 9/6/2024 at 11:45 AM, memoak said:

If you are talking about exchanging your elite or suite mini bar just tell your steward they will have room service take care of it for you. We always wait till day 2 because embarkation day can be a little crazy

That works for you I guess.  Wouldn't work for me as nothing in it I want in the standard setup.  We are on board early so I can get the call in early and be in the queue quickly.  Usually get it later that afternoon.

• Like 4

On 9/6/2024 at 3:32 PM, Cruise Raider said:

We were able to get pizza to go from Alfredo’s on the Majestic if we went over to order them from restaurant manager.  It wasn’t bad waiting as we were getting a glass of wine over at Good Spirits.  They have these spiffy reusable to go containers and we took them up to our balcony to enjoy our freshly made customized pizza.  If we ordered it via the app, there would have been a charge involved.  I’m not even sure if those pizzas are made at Alfredo’s because they only have 3 options, not like at Alfredo’s.  The pizzas are smaller and don’t have that fabulous crust.  Plus, they come with a charge.  I’m not sure if all the ships even have that option but the Majestic does.  

I have read you can take out from Alfredo's.  I'd want to order from there to be sure to get their pizza and not the cafeteria style.

We know that PCL has always held back a fairly significant number of SD bookings until sail date.  They are probably still doing the same thing.  I think we are hearing more about the advance booking challenges because of the Premier package change.  I suppose I am stating the obvious, but we need to hear about more live on-board experiences from folks who board early and later on.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

I have read you can take out from Alfredo's.  I'd want to order from there to be sure to get their pizza and not the cafeteria style.

It was not allowed before so, we’d just idea one pizza to split.  Now that, at least on the Majestic, it’s nice that we can get our pizza to take to our balcony to enjoy.  
Im not sure if this is true on all ships but the pizza that is ordered via the app (that incurs a charge) seems to be made in the room service pantry ovens.  It is not at all like pizza from Slice and certainly not even in the same league as the pizzas from Alfredo’s.  The cruise is completely different.  I’m not a foodie so, I won’t go as far to say it didn’t hit the spot when we ordered it.  I honestly thought they may have made a mistake and given us a gluten free crust or something like that .. the crust is yellowish and the pizza is quite compact.  So, when it happened a third time, I realized that it must be made in the room service pantry instead of at Slice.  This was on a Crown class ship where there is no actual pizzeria.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 555 said:

Another joke is the "unlimited" casual dining. Since the casual restaurants are usually open on sea days and on our 7 day trip we only have 2 opportunities to attend them.

So much for unlimited. 😄

Gigi's or Alfredo's is open every day, including port days.  When we cruise the Caribbean we rarely get off the ship, so we would have the opportunity to go there any day we wished.  If you get off on a port day and get back at say 200 or 300, you could still have lunch there as soon as you got back on board and have a later dinner.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Retired-N-Happy said:

Gigi's or Alfredo's is open every day, including port days.  When we cruise the Caribbean we rarely get off the ship, so we would have the opportunity to go there any day we wished.  If you get off on a port day and get back at say 200 or 300, you could still have lunch there as soon as you got back on board and have a later dinner.  

On the Grand lady month there were waits and beepers to get into Alfredo’s   This was between 12 and 1:00 

Edited by memoak

34 minutes ago, memoak said:

On the Grand lady month there were waits and beepers to get into Alfredo’s   This was between 12 and 1:00 

Not telling me nothing that I haven't experienced myself firsthand.  On our 14 days each on the Discovery in April of 2022 and on the Majestic in May/June of 2023 beepers were in use most days, including every sea day.

But if you have unlimited days to go there, you certainly don't have to go right at 12 when they open.  You could wait until 230 and then have a later dinner around 730-800.

1 minute ago, Retired-N-Happy said:

Not telling me nothing that I haven't experienced myself firsthand.  On our 14 days each on the Discovery in April of 2022 and on the Majestic in May/June of 2023 beepers were in use most days, including every sea day.

But if you have unlimited days to go there, you certainly don't have to go right at 12 when they open.  You could wait until 230 and then have a later dinner around 730-800.

You do know that it seems that half the cruisers here want dinner before 6.   Even us who eat dinner after 7/30 normally eat lunch around 1:00

12 hours ago, 555 said:

So much for unlimited. 😄

On my 14-day sailing last month on the Enchanted, I used my old premier package for specialty dinners at Crown Gill and Catch By Rudy and had 15 meals at casual dining venues...

Day 1
Lunch: Gigi's
Dinner: O'Malley's

Day 2
Lunch: O'Malley's
Dinner: Ocean Terrace

Day 3
Lunch: MDR
Dinner: Catch By Rudi

Day 4
Lunch: Buffet

Day 5
Lunch: Aruba - West Deck
Dinner: Buffet

Day 6
Lunch: Curacao - Plein Cafe Wilhelmina
Dinner: MDR

Day 7

Day 8

Day 9

Day 10
Lunch: Buffet
Dinner: Crown Grill

Day 11
Lunch: San Juan - Cafe Manolin

Day 12

Day 13

Day 14

The only time I had a wait was Gigi's for lunch on the last day when I think everyone was trying to use up their casual dining meals.

On our next 14-day, we will have the new Premier package and I imagine we will just sub in some more specialty dinners in place of some of the casual options.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, memoak said:

You do know that it seems that half the cruisers here want dinner before 6.   Even us who eat dinner after 7/30 normally eat lunch around 1:00

If you're off the ship in Port until 200 or 230, you can either skip lunch, eat something off the ship or have lunch once you get back on board and eat a later dinner.  You need to be flexible when you're on vacation.  Not everybody wants 2 Grey Gooses between 630-730 and a quarter bottle of wine with dinner at 730 each and every night of their cruise.  Going with the flow can be a wonderful thing at times.

• Like 2

On 9/5/2024 at 10:16 AM, voljeep said:

I think the SD cancellation policy should mirror the cruise fare policy - and if pre-booked on unlimited charged to the card on file.

We never ever put a card on file for any cruise. We have done 2 this year alone with princess with no issue.