GTY oceanview

If you download the Royal Caribbean app and you reservation shows a muster station, then it has been assigned.  After you do online check in, download the set sail pass to your apple wallet and the last 4 digits of the bar code is your number.

• Like 1

On 8/31/2024 at 5:41 PM, irishgal432 said:

If you download the Royal Caribbean app and you reservation shows a muster station, then it has been assigned.  After you do online check in, download the set sail pass to your apple wallet and the last 4 digits of the bar code is your number.

What if you're not using an app. Will it show up online in the set sail pass on the computer?

3 hours ago, cruzsnooze said:

Will it show up online in the set sail pass on the computer?

Yes, it's the same SetSail pass in app and in a browser. The appearance of a muster station or deck doesn't really help till check in at 45 days out when you can get your SetSail pass.

On 8/31/2024 at 8:38 PM, flametsfan said:

I have a guarantee oceanview on liberty for nov 29th.Any idea when they might assign cabin.Thanks

Anytime between now and when you arrive at the terminal. If the cruise is overbooked, well that's when things get interesting.....

2 hours ago, CruisingWalter said:

Anytime between now and when you arrive at the terminal. If the cruise is overbooked, well that's when things get interesting.....

For that reason, I prefer to pick my room instead of a guarantee cabin. Sometimes it can be extremely expensive to pick your own room and sometimes not. It depends on supply and demand. 

I would prefer not to be at the bottom of the ship. But that’s just my preference. 

5 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Yes, it's the same SetSail pass in app and in a browser. The appearance of a muster station or deck doesn't really help till check in at 45 days out when you can get your SetSail pass.

Thanks, I will check when it says it's time. Balcony cabins were sold out for I had to take a GTY. I love the hump balconies and would pay extra to pick my cabin but this time that wasn't possible. I will be happy where ever they put me because I want to be happy not sad.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, RCTransatlanticLover said:

For that reason, I prefer to pick my room instead of a guarantee cabin. Sometimes it can be extremely expensive to pick your own room and sometimes not. It depends on supply and demand. 

I would prefer not to be at the bottom of the ship. But that’s just my preference. 

Most often the difference between GTY and selected stateroom is $300 or less. That's in our experience. With so many 'undesirable locations' on a ship due to potential noise, movement and other things, we always book a stateroom.  I honestly wish cruise lines would do away with GTY so everyone has an assigned stateroom from the start. 

5 minutes ago, CruisingWalter said:

Most often the difference between GTY and selected stateroom is $300 or less. That's in our experience. With so many 'undesirable locations' on a ship due to potential noise, movement and other things, we always book a stateroom.  I honestly wish cruise lines would do away with GTY so everyone has an assigned stateroom from the start. 

Twice in one year,... 3 times? How many ships has this happened to out of how many that they were oversold this year, in 2024. I remember once this year. In 2024. 

3 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Twice in one year,... 3 times? How many ships has this happened to out of how many that they were oversold this year, in 2024. I remember once this year. In 2024. 

I believe they had at least 3 documented in 2023 and one or 2 in 2024 both in the U.S. and elsewhere. In at least one instance folks were literally left at the pier as the ship sailed away.

Princess also had the issue recently and Celebrity has overbooked multiple cruises this year, at least two in the same month. Fortunately for Celebrity they had enough people agree to transfer to another cruise so it didn't make headlines. Overbookings happen much more than you might think because when there are enough people who agree to move to another sailing, nothing is reported.

It only takes one time to ruin a vacation. That's why we never book GTY on Royal or any other cruise line. We want an actual stateroom assigned to our booking from day one. The only way we don't go is if the cruise itself get cancelled.  

2 minutes ago, CruisingWalter said:

I believe they had at least 3 documented in 2023 and one or 2 in 2024 both in the U.S. and elsewhere. In at least one instance folks were literally left at the pier as the ship sailed away.

Princess also had the issue recently and Celebrity has overbooked multiple cruises this year, at least two in the same month. Fortunately for Celebrity they had enough people agree to transfer to another cruise so it didn't make headlines. Overbookings happen much more than you might think because when there are enough people who agree to move to another sailing, nothing is reported.

It only takes one time to ruin a vacation. That's why we never book GTY on Royal or any other cruise line. We want an actual stateroom assigned to our booking from day one. The only way we don't go is if the cruise itself get cancelled.  

So 1 maybe 2 this year. And you have to go back to last year for maybe more.

And the situation in australia is stretching things. I'm sure theres more to that story.

I'm with ourusualbeach above, who as a travel agent as anyone knows from his posts knows what he is talking about. It's a losing battle, sorry, 1 instance this year out of all the departures isnt a lot. And as you say that's all you think you remember too this year. Scare tactics. But book a selected cabin  if you want. I dont have a choice. Almost never allowed to book a gty as a solo. Not a choice for me. I'd be kind happy for most of my run of the mill cruises if offered a bunch to stay home. Bring on the gtys....oh wait I cant. Ok. 

15 minutes ago, CruisingWalter said:

25 ships sailing once per week x 2000 cabins per ship is still very low odds...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CruisingWalter said:

It has happened more often on Royal Caribbean ships in recent history than anyone else, so it is a consideration.

Not sure that's true - we may hear more about it due to social media (and perhaps reporting here), but the actual occurrence is unknown. The thing that really matters, someone actual being denied boarding (instead of being bought off before hand) is virtually zero. Also, what happens on another line is irrelevant in the RCI section of CC.