The Fleet Report and Daily for Sunday September 1st, 2024

1 hour ago, summer slope said:

Rabbit, rabbit, white rabbit.  Welcome September

Point Blank cocktail:

Get ready for an explosive flavor experience with the "Point Blank" cocktail, a powerful libation that packs a punch and leaves a lasting impression. This bold and intense drink is a masterful combination of robust spirits, zesty citrus, and a touch of sweetness, creating a sip that is both daring and gratifying. Inspired by the adrenaline-fueled moments of life, Point Blank is a perfect companion for moments of celebration and exhilaration. Served in sleek and edgy glass, it exudes an air of strength and confidence. Whether you're seeking a drink to elevate your spirits or want to savor the thrill of bold flavors, the Point Blank is the perfect sip to embrace a taste of intensity and pure enjoyment.
Ingredients:
1 12/ oz. bourbon
3/4 oz. Grapefruit juice
1 oz. mezcal
1/2 oz. agave syrup
Directions:
In a cocktail shaker with ice cubes. Pour the bourbon, mezcal, freshly squeezed grapefruit juice, and agave syrup.
Shake vigorously for about 10-15 seconds to blend the ingredients and chill the cocktail.
Strain the mixture into a sleek and edgy cocktail glass filled with ice cubes and garnish the Point Blank cocktail with a twist of grapefruit or a cherry(optional).

Screenshot 2024-09-01 at 6.26.43 AM.png

Good!

(That’s the definition of point blank)

• Like 8
  • Haha 9

Good morning,

It is hard to believe it is September already.  The weather has finally cooled down. I had my friend with the knee replacement over for dinner. I made her get out of the house and she was surprised how well she did. Unfortunately she is not bending her knee enough and may have to go to the OR for manipulation. She encouraged me to open the cards I received when DS died 2 years ago. She read them to me and we cried together. I put them in the box which the funeral home gave me. She was right that it was time. Unfortunately I woke up with a headache and swollen eyes. 

My doggie has a bit of an upset tummy. This time of year the cicada are out. I can’t let her out on her own or she eats them. Even with my watchful eye she sneaks a few and feels sick. It is a vicious cycle this time of year. They must be awful tasty for her to do this year after year. 

I hope everyone has a great day. 

• Like 29
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the Fleet Update and General Info from all contributors!

Bon Voyage to all those leaving today!

Fakarava, great place to snorkel! In 2019.  I organized a group of 32 for an all day snorkel and lunch. One of the best ever. Some of the 32 were worried if we would be back to the ship on time. I told them don’t worry, Fakarava has an airport, and has direct flights to San Diego, once a year, and that flight left yesterday. Actually one of three boat broke down some 20 miles from port so operator got on cell phone and a new boat arrived in 45 minutes. No problem! 😳

• Like 24

Thank you Rich, Sandi, Vanessa, Eva, Ann, Dixie and Graham/Father David for the FR&D   I like all 3 of today’s days.   Special prayers for Jacaui Ann, Pat, Terri, Jim,  Melissa, Chuck, Annie and Tana with  Annie and Chuck at the top of the list.

Happy Birthday @Cruzin Terri.

Welcome home @dobiemom and @LAFFNVEGAS,

Bon Voyage @richwmn, @lindaler @Seasick Sailor and @USN59-79,

I like the Marquis quote.

I visited Fakarava on the Crystal Symphony in 2018

Two great days in history, especially the one in 1905

Not comvinced on the eggplant but like Chicken Parm.  My alternative is on hiatus until late September.

Main plan item for today is AV duty in church.

Roy

• Like 25
  • Thanks 5

I have a great appreciation for building and staff code people! Dealt with them many times over the years. They are the last line of defense to make sure things are built to code which is very important in Florida!

• Like 22

Happy Sunday. Thanks for the Daily and Fleet reports. 

A little cloudy today, high of 85. Not much planned today. Just a little relaxing. The first draft of the dissertation is in the book. Sending it off to my committee for a first review and possible edits. I have been working on this thing for years and the end is in sight. 38 days until my cruise!

Bon Voyage to @lindaler, @richwmn, @Seasick Sailor, and @USN59-79!

Everyday Bon Voyage Cards, Free Everyday Bon Voyage Wishes | 123 Greetings

Happy birthday to @Cruzin Terri!

101 Funny Cat Birthday Memes for the Feline Lovers in Your Life

In honor of Ginger Cat appreciation day, here is Chase.

20180706_195613.thumb.jpg.7c8efab033bdb8575c588a24b44ac9d2.jpg

Thinking of all on the care list. 

Celebrating with all who are celebrating. 

Have a safe and healthy day. 

Sunday humor | Relaxing | Doing Nothing | Enjoying Life | Cute Cat ...

• Like 25
  • Thanks 2

Good morning and Happy Sunday!  Blessings to all.

We got home safely and yesterday I did next to nothing.  Now to unpack!  So far DS and I have no cold, Covid symptoms.  Online chatter says some from our cruise have tested positive.  I will keep my fingers crossed.  

Fall is in the air and I will start to put out my fall decorations.  My favorite time of the year.  And then the holidays — time passes quickly.

Have a safe and happy Labor Day.  Katherine

Edited by Lady Hudson
  • Like 29

Just a very few photos of Fakarava.  The primary settlement and tender landing is the landing of Rotoava:

rotoava.jpg

This is the beach on the Pacific Ocean:

fakaravapacific.jpg

The population is under 1,000 and there were a few stores, mostly offering non-perishable food as well as a primary school:

primary.jpg

Roy

• Like 26
  • Thanks 4

Rabbit, rabbit, but the rabbits here are brown.

I appreciate code inspectors who help to keep our homes and buildings safe, and I like ginger cats.

My first thought was that the dish should be either chicken or eggplant, not both. Since eggplant is in season, maybe I'll make eggplant parmesan. Pass on the cocktail. The fabled Schloss Johannisberg! I'll counter with the 2023 Dry Riesling from Weis Vineyards, $20.99, even though they think it's good with pork chops. "Our flagship Riesling is wonderfully crisp, clean, and full. The mouthwatering acidity balances the soft notes of grapefruit and white tea. It finishes with hints of pear and lemon zest for a refreshing and balanced sip."

I was strangely alert this morning and started a load of laundry while coffee was brewing. Ordinarily I wake up very slowly and the alertness may have been spurious.

Purinainthewild.jpg.0c8d77bcb037dd696149dba22068416f.jpg

• Like 21
  • Haha 10

Good Sunday morning to all of you.

Thank you all for the lovely Birthday wishes.

Welcome home to Lisa and Marcia.  Hope your cruise was wonderful

We will finally go out to dinner.  We have reservations at our favorite Seafood Restaurant in Port Royal—right on the water.  Great food.

Also on Wednesday we are celebrating again.  My friend Jackie, who was DD DBIL’s caregiver when we would go away will be celebrating her birthday next Sunday.  So we are having a joint celebratory lunch at another favorite restaurant.

Boy, from never going anywhere, I am now going out to eat twice in one week.

Thank you to Sandi, Vanessa, Eva, Dixie and Ann for all you do to keep this thread going.

I cannot leave without expressing my condolences for all those hostages that were found murdered.  How heartbraking! May they Rest in Peace.  Prayers for their families.

I hope everyone will have a wonderful Sunday and is enjoying their Labor Day weekend.

Terri

• Like 23
  • Thanks 3

🐰  RABBIT  🐰  RABBIT  🐇  WHITE RABBIT!

Good morning from an increasingly cloudy central Texas.  It is 75F and feels like 75F.  We have a 4mph wind from the NE with 93% humidity and a dew point of 72F.  Later, the wind will increase to 10+mph.  Our rain chances are pretty good we'll get rain beginning tonight and lasting through Wednesday.  We need the rain, but I hope the rain ends before Tuesday when DH has a follow up CT scan, and a follow up appointment at UTSW on Wednesday.  The traffic in Dallas and the last 10 to 15 miles there is bad enough without rain.  While the forecast for rain can change quickly in Texas, sometimes when you want it to change, it doesn't.  Today, I'll be doing the laundry since I really don't want to wait until Thursday.  

Building codes and the staff that administers them are good, and I wish there were building codes in our county.  Ginger cats are wonderful, and we had two many, many years ago.  I used to write letters, but after my stepmother died, there was no one to write to.  Now, my letter writing, such as it is, is in the form of emails and Christmas letters.

Todays quote is true, and we know some people who are lovely, but who believe some weird things.  They probably think the same thing about us.

Eggplant parmesan is good, but I prefer chicken parmesan, which we had just the other day.  We'll pass on the drink.  If the wine is not too sweet or too dry, I would like to try it.

We have not been to Fakarava.  We were in Rangiora in 2004 on Tahitian Princess.

Hooray for Emma Nutt for becoming the first female telephone operator in 1878.  Growing up I didn't want to be a telephone operator, but a switchboard operator.  I was lucky enough to have that job at the HEB headquarters when we lived in Corpus Christi.

A good day in 1905 when Alberta and Saskatchewan joined the Confederation of Canada as the 8th and 9th Canadian provinces

@doobieb  Debbie, I'm glad you, your DH and your DD are over covid.  I hope your DGS is well soon.

@TiogaCruiser  Laura, I hope you have a safe, smooth and on time flight home today.

@cat shepard  Ann, I hope the lady who lives in the retirement community you are interested in can give you some good information and advice.

@Ichiban Nekko  Cat, thanks for checking in today.  I'm glad your DH has recovered well from the broken hip.  Your cruises sound wonderful.  Please check in with us occasionally.

@ottahand7  Nancy, I'm sorry your DB is worse.  I hope the doctors can figure out what is going on and can help him.  I was sorry to read about his DGD's diagnosis.  I hope there is a way to help her.

@RMLincoln  Maureen, I hope things keep progressing and pick up soon for your DGD Sandy, and the baby arrives soon and is healthy.

@cruising sister  Lorraine, I'm glad your invitation got your friend out of her house.  I hope she starts bending her knee soon.  While it must have been difficult, I'm glad your friend was with you when you opened the cards.  HUGS!

@Denise T  Denise, congratulations on having your dissertation ready to send to the committee for review.

@Lady Hudson  Katherine, I hope you and your DS stay well after the last cruise.

@LAFFNVEGAS  Welcome home, Lisa.

@dobiemom  Welcome home, Marcia.

432764198_7588366794520360_4211588219527681758_n.jpg.a62fd287e614ffb702d77f92b0803b72.jpg

435096362_10211967821547519_7768106717923342323_n.jpg.c245a3991261296cce6786691cb20339.jpg

435683449_392888380328503_6930889185630244301_n.jpg.d2da38aeb45413f5f92313e3d7d1bf05.jpg

453598442_1056176039403955_1143323809203402280_n.jpg.34be44f9747132d1b811e3941caa11d6.jpg

456785181_418798304550961_2931996891662213265_n.jpg.67c4156bcbc81bc5808bc2c19c67a90c.jpg

457231925_122163006428047017_8645168048757489023_n.jpg.27573e9631ff577b9e2d1185e73ffd2f.jpg

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 19
  • Haha 14

Good morning Dailyites 

Rabbits, Rabbits! White, cute, cuddly Rabbits!

A long night trying to sleep. It is so quiet in our room one would think we are all alone in the hotel.

Wishing all embarking today a fabulous cruise.

After a cuppa coffee I should be awake enough to read our Daily. 

Blessings to each of you.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 3

Rabbit, Rabbit, White Rabbit. 

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  I'm glad we have building codes and staff who monitor things to keep us safe.  Although we've had several cats over the years, we've never had a ginger.  While I won't write a letter today, I do write (or rather, print) letters to our DGS's in Calgary.  I sent the last ones off so they would receive them before the start of school, but, well, Canada Post wasn't so co-operative.   I'll likely have to send the Halloween letters at the beginning of October just to be sure they arrive on time with their stickers inside.

The morning started off cloudy and cool (7C, 44F), but the skies have cleared off and it looks like we'll have a nice warm day with a predicted high of 29(84).  Listening to the city wake up this morning I can hear the squirrel diligently snipping off pine cones and dropping them on the shed in the back yard.  There looks to be about a million of them up there, so I guess he's getting an early start on the winter's stash.  Hopefully it's just an early start, not a prediction of an early winter!

Wishing @richwmn, @Seasick Sailor, @lindaler and @USN59-79 Bon Voyage; I hope you all have a wonderful, healthy cruise.

@Cruzin Terri Happy Birthday to you today!

@RMLincolnsending prayers for your DGD to safely deliver your newest great grandbaby.  48 hours is a long time; she must be near exhaustion already.  Sending strength for her and for her DH as well.

For those of us who are cat lovers, I'm currently involved in an online auction to support the Street Cat rescue program in our city and am hoping to be the successful bidder of this t-shirt:

RockPaperScissors.thumb.jpg.61c6dd523c6ffce4646c3aa4f4f12cb1.jpg

Not much on our agenda today, just a good day to laze about the house and yard, enjoying the good weather, as we know it'll soon be just a memory.  I'm going to pass on the drink (bourbon), will let others enjoy the white wine, and would leave the eggplant off the chicken parmesan.  I do have a couple of chicken breasts thawing in the fridge that will be marinated in Greek dressing and cooked on the grill that we can enjoy with roasted potatoes and garlic/parmesan asparagus on the deck tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, and even for those who don't think they are.  Cheers to all with celebrations today.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

• Like 28
  • Thanks 1