The Fleet Report and Daily for Monday September 2nd, 2024

23 minutes ago, durangoscots said:

places where they wanted to me to make changes, but the places were in quotes.... so obviously I could not change what someone else had written

Not exactly the same, but I once typeset a prayer book in which half the text was in Hebrew. A well-educated Israeli offered to proofread the Hebrew, but marked many "errors" that were in quotations from Scripture. Because of both differences between historical and modern spelling and scribal errors, there are many words that are spelled differently in the Hebrew Bible, but in direct quotations you never "correct" these. (In reading aloud, however, you do correct those that would result in mispronunciations or poor grammar.)

• Like 19

Good morning. Today is the last official day of the motorcycle rally and already I am noticing a slight decrease in the roar. Hopefully by tomorrow things will be close to our normal quiet. Wonder if I can leave town next year!!!

Nothing new here. Weather is nice and sunny and we may get thunder showers this afternoon. it has been wonderfully cool at night. Yesterday I did help with the hunt for the Corgi. Right now the feeling is that he was picked up.... a sniffer dog tracked him to the road and then lost the scent. I am relieved and hope that is true since there is a chance we can get him back. Lots of posters are up.... reward offered .... and fingers crossed. We have used drones to see if we can locate him but so far nothing except deer and a couple of very surprised bears.

Off to do whatever I am going to get done. No plans for the day. Almost everyone I know is hunkered down away from the roads.... we will celebrate when the rally folk are gone.

Susan

• Like 20

Good morning, For the next few weeks the post will be late. Even more so from Hawaii.

It was a beautiful day yesterday for visiting the Oakland Zoo. It was especially enjoyed by our four year old granddaughter. 
So I’m headed for another cup of coffee and to catch up on what’s happening in your neighborhoods. Happy Labor Day. Bruce

image.thumb.jpeg.fd4326e1dfc5956e9b7a457ab7c55faa.jpeg

• Like 27

Good morning and happy labor day.  It's still warm and muggy but a marine layer moved in overnight and according to the weather app it's raining but the radar itself is blank, probably a little mist that never seems to show up on it.  The rest of the week should keep the sun worshippers happy, it'll be back to the 80's, and higher inland, I'll post more info below for those traveling in the area.

I'm resisting the temptation to do any laboring today.  There's always some kind of housework to do.  I did walk a bit this morning and stopped at the store to get something different for dinner after several days of leftovers.  

Today's Forecast Monday Sept 2, 2024

Metro

Seattle/Puget Sound  72/22 Cloudy

Puyallup (State Fair)  74/23 Cloudy

Portland  76/24 Partly Cloudy

Bellingham/Canadian Border Crossing  71/21 Partly Cloudy

Cascade Mountains

Mt. Rainier  63/17 Mostly Cloudy

Mt. St. Helens  62/16 Partly Cloudy

Mt. Baker  69/20 Partly Cloudy

Eastern Washington/Deserts

Moses Lake  91/32 Cloudy

Wenatchee  92/33 Partly Cloudy

Spokane  89/31 Partly Cloudy

Walla Walla  93/34 Cloudy 

Yakima  95/35  Partly Cloudy

Coast/Olympic Peninsula

Forks  67/19 Cloudy

Hoh Rain Forest  69/20 Partly Cloudy

Queets 65/18 Cloudy

Ocean Shores  64/17 Cloudy

Strait of Juan De Fuca/Islands

Port Angeles  62/16 Partly Cloudy

Anacortes  64/17 Cloudy

Have a great day everybody!

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

Good morning all!

What a change, it's cloudy and cooler today (only up to 70).  But that's fine, the sun and heat will return later this week.

Interesting days, and I will pass on the coconut in any form.  I'll also pass on the meal and red wine, but would like to try the drink.  Have not been to the port -- thanks for all the photos!

Happy 57th anniversary Lenda and Steve @Quartzsite Cruiser

Happy 70th birthday Maureen @RMLincoln!

Denise @Denise T A big congratulations on completing your dissertation.  I love that you have a cruise to celebrate!

I got surprising news this morning.  My DS and DBIL, who have been on a Tennessee River Cruise, have come down with Covid for the first time. 😞  They tested positive 2 days after leaving the cruise.  They'd planned on visiting friends in FL, but now they're in a hotel until this passes.  I feel bad for them -- DBIL had finally finished his prostate cancer treatments and they were finally able to travel.  

Good news about BFF's DIL Amber though.  She had the final surgery on Friday. It was a 4-hour surgery to replace the skull flap and all went well.  I know they're all very happy to have this over and done with.

I think we'll be doing a Costco run today, and otherwise will be weather-dependent.  Now the forecast is even calling for storms today! 

Have a good day everyone and Happy Labor Day!

Edited by Cruising-along
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 6

3 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

Good morning all!

What a change, it's cloudy and cooler today (only up to 70).  But that's fine, the sun and heat will return later this week.

Interesting days, and I will pass on the coconut in any form.  I'll also pass on the meal and red wine, but would like to try the drink.  Have not been to the port -- thanks for all the photos!

Denise @Denise T A big congratulations on completing your dissertation.  I love that you have a cruise to celebrate!

I got surprising news this morning.  My DS and DBIL, who have been on a Tennessee River Cruise, have come down with Covid for the first time. 😞  They tested positive 2 days after leaving the cruise.  They'd planned on visiting friends in FL, but now they're in a hotel until this passes.  I feel bad for them -- DBIL had finally finished his prostate cancer treatments and they were finally able to travel.  

Good news about BFF's DIL Amber though.  She had the final surgery on Friday. It was a 4-hour surgery to replace the skull flap and all went well.  I know they're all very happy to have this over and done with.

I think we'll be doing a Costco run today, and otherwise will be weather-dependent.  Now the forecast is even calling for storms today! 

Oh my gosh on coming down with Covid.  I'll be praying for their recovery.  My one and only time with Covid was caught on a ship as well, but after all the vaccines and boosters it was fairly mild.  And now I guess it's easy to forget that Covid is still a thing, this'll serve as my reminder to get the booster, I turned down the last couple because I get really sick from them (very high fever) and couldn't take the chance with caring for Dear Dad.

Ewww though on Costco, I won't need to go for another couple of weeks, Monday's are usually fine parking wise but today being a holiday?

• Like 16

Good sunny and breezy afternoon. It’s a beautiful day here and I wish it would last.

On Labor Day in 1997 I was in Juneau on my first Alaska trip. I did the Mendenhall river rafting and I still have the shirt from the trip.

Direct tv and Disney are in a contract dispute and as a result we’ve lost our ABC channel. I hope it doesn’t go on too long 

Have a safe and blessed day.

• Like 18

15 minutes ago, atexsix said:

Oh my gosh on coming down with Covid.  I'll be praying for their recovery.  My one and only time with Covid was caught on a ship as well, but after all the vaccines and boosters it was fairly mild.  And now I guess it's easy to forget that Covid is still a thing, this'll serve as my reminder to get the booster, I turned down the last couple because I get really sick from them (very high fever) and couldn't take the chance with caring for Dear Dad.

Ewww though on Costco, I won't need to go for another couple of weeks, Monday's are usually fine parking wise but today being a holiday?

Thank you for the prayers Bruno.  Yes, they managed to never get Covid all this time and now...

We've only had it once too, but not on a ship (we don't know where/how we got it).  We've cruised 6 times since 2020 (some were long cruises too) and never got it.  

A new Costco opened up within a few miles from us and (shh) it's never been crowded.  I think a lot of people don't know it's there. 😉  

• Like 18

5 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

Thank you for the prayers Bruno.  Yes, they managed to never get Covid all this time and now...

We've only had it once too, but not on a ship (we don't know where/how we got it).  We've cruised 6 times since 2020 (some were long cruises too) and never got it.  

A new Costco opened up within a few miles from us and (shh) it's never been crowded.  I think a lot of people don't know it's there. 😉  

Ahhh okay, well your secret is safe with me.  We don't have a Costco in Bellevue, Kirkland or Issaquah are the closest so I just drive to Issaquah, and I miss it being only a mile away when we lived there.

• Like 11

53 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

Good morning Joy and Allen!

Perfect Location, and love the openness!

So much room and I enjoy this pic of Allen!

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

Denise 😌

image.jpeg.f39d26ba9bc4cead8b38a9d5c7578d88.jpeg

I love this stateroom!  Having a view on two sides of the ship.  I think they will be very comfortable, despite the long trek to the food 😜

Edited by atexsix
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

Thank you, you're right!  

That means tomorrow will be packed, at Costco, and just about anywhere else that was closed. I'm going to stay close to home until my doctor appointment on Friday.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

Good morning Joy and Allen!

Perfect Location, and love the openness!

So much room and I enjoy this pic of Allen!

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

Denise 😌

image.jpeg.f39d26ba9bc4cead8b38a9d5c7578d88.jpeg

Aloha Denise!

So nice to hear from you! How are you and David? Sean and Paisley?

What is your latest painting project?

I miss the Barefoot Bar and wish I was with you sharing a Mai Tai!

Love to you sister! Aloha!

• Like 14

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Denise @Denise T congrats on your work completing your dissertation.  Will you be getting a hardback published copy of it?  When my kids got their graduate degrees, they handed us hardback books of their dissertations.  I'm proud of both of them for their hard work, and they were equally proud to show us how much work went into it.

Are you kidding us RNB?  If not, what a huge coincidence that would be!  🫢  Let's hear from Lenda!

Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiser I was thinking Brenda and Paul might live in the motor home too.  I know they have some storage space aka barn/storage building where they could put their huge amount of furniture.  They had a U-Haul truck here yesterday around dinner time, and had two men helping take furnishings to it.  Since they have a lower level they used their golf cart to attach heavy pieces from downstairs, onto the back of the golf cart and drove it out front to the U-Haul ramp. It left early this morning and is probably down south dropping off furniture right now.  I don't envy them all this work!

That's a good question. I do not know if I will receive a hardcopy. Everything is digital now. 

• Like 11

4 minutes ago, Denise T said:

That's a good question. I do not know if I will receive a hardcopy. Everything is digital now. 

You will have to ask, just in case.  You may have to order one.  They're nice to have on your bookshelf in a special spot where it won't be lost among all the other books.  You know, in case your friends come over and want to see it!  😉 😄

• Like 9
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Cruising-along said:

Good morning all!

Costco is closed today.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Cruising-along said:

Carolyn, the one time we've had Covid was on our first cruise back in 2022 after the pandemic of 2020.  Didn't catch it on any cruises after that though.  Fingers crossed that good luck continues.

1 hour ago, Haljo1935 said:

Happy Birthday @StLouisCruisers to Austin 🎉 driving is a pretty good 🎁 

images(2).jpg.b6eb2844e172210a0ee1385dbf3db589.jpg.a5564554518e8fa532eecfc9479ccb3b.jpg

Thanks Elizabeth!  Yes, one of the biggest things kids that age want - a driver's license (and a car!  LOL!)

• Like 13