Has Celebrity changed Policy on one device premium WIFI

toddmanka

Called Captains club for internet package with my Elite discount.

The girl told me if I want to use with phone and I pad I would need 2 device plan

I tried to explain to her that I would not be using at same time. Does anyone know 

if this is correct?  I always just signed out of phone and signed in on I pad

7 minutes ago, toddmanka said:

Called Captains club for internet package with my Elite discount.

The girl told me if I want to use with phone and I pad I would need 2 device plan

I tried to explain to her that I would not be using at same time. Does anyone know 

if this is correct?  I always just signed out of phone and signed in on I pad

You are correct; simply sign out/sign in on the devices.

• Like 1

Glad someone is asking this question as I have follow-up questions:

At Princess I usually purchase an internet plan for one device, my phone.  I get the plan for 50% off as one of my loyalty perks. If my husband wants to use the plan, he just goes into the internet plan and "swaps" the plan to his phone number so he can use it.  When he is done, I go to my phone and "swap" back to my phone.  Is this the same practice as Celebrity??

Also, we are Elite with Celebrity so what would be the discount for the plan?

Thanks in advance for any answers provided, I appreciate it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Italy52 said:

Glad someone is asking this question as I have follow-up questions:

At Princess I usually purchase an internet plan for one device, my phone.  I get the plan for 50% off as one of my loyalty perks. If my husband wants to use the plan, he just goes into the internet plan and "swaps" the plan to his phone number so he can use it.  When he is done, I go to my phone and "swap" back to my phone.  Is this the same practice as Celebrity??

Also, we are Elite with Celebrity so what would be the discount for the plan?

Thanks in advance for any answers provided, I appreciate it.

Same practice as Celebrity.  Elite discount on Celebrity for internet is 30% for a package or an upgrade.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Italy52 said:

When he is done, I go to my phone and "swap" back to my phone. 

No, Celebrity's works differently.  You use an account to log into the plan.  If you start with your phone then when your husband wants to use it, you log your phone off, and he uses the same userID and pin to log in with his device.  The plan is associated with a log in ID and not with a specific device.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

42 minutes ago, d9704011 said:

Same practice as Celebrity.  Elite discount on Celebrity for internet is 30% for a package or an upgrade.

Flash sale on at the moment has premium WiFi at 35% off, so better than the Elite discount. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

No, Celebrity's works differently.

Princess works exactly the same way.

4 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

If you start with your phone then when your husband wants to use it, you log your phone off, and he uses the same userID and pin to log in with his device.

There is no need to log out. Just logging to a new device will automatically remove access from the current one.

Edited by mahasamatman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We had one device on our recent P&O cruise.  I know you can't hotspot with WiFi, but with my Samsung S20 phone I can Bluetooth tether.  I was able to have four devices on line simultaneously. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, mahasamatman said:

Princess works exactly the same way.

Then @Italy52 described it wrong because using the single account was never mentioned. 

11 hours ago, mahasamatman said:

There is no need to log out. Just logging to a new device will automatically remove access from the current one.

True but it is a great habit to get into if you do not have a plan and are using your Elite, Elite + minutes and are not immediately logging in with the second device. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

Then @Italy52 described it wrong because using the single account was never mentioned. 

True but it is a great habit to get into if you do not have a plan and are using your Elite, Elite + minutes and are not immediately logging in with the second device. 

I am sorry there was some confusion with my post.  I did mention in my post that  "At Princess I usually purchase an internet plan for one device, my phone.  I get the plan for 50% off as one of my loyalty perks. If my husband wants to use the plan, he just goes into the internet plan and "swaps" the plan to his phone number so he can use it.  When he is done, I go to my phone and "swap" back to my phone." 

11 hours ago, Derek5001 said:

We had one device on our recent P&O cruise.  I know you can't hotspot with WiFi, but with my Samsung S20 phone I can Bluetooth tether.  I was able to have four devices on line simultaneously. 

Just get a travel router.  No need to do a bluetooth tether.  You can even get a small one powered by a portable battery to take with you to the pool deck and share wifi to all your devices.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, odyssyus said:

Just get a travel router.  No need to do a bluetooth tether.  You can even get a small one powered by a portable battery to take with you to the pool deck and share wifi to all your devices.

👀. I need details on how this works, please. It almost sounds too good to be true that a cruise line would allow something like this. 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dreams_of_travel said:

👀. I need details on how this works, please. It almost sounds too good to be true that a cruise line would allow something like this. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Check out gl-inet.com  I carry the slate and the mango.  You give far too much credit to on ship IT.  They're not much better than geek squad.

Mango (GL-MT300N-V2) Wireless Mini Router

Edited by odyssyus
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Italy52 said:

I am sorry there was some confusion with my post.  I did mention in my post that  "At Princess I usually purchase an internet plan for one device, my phone.  I get the plan for 50% off as one of my loyalty perks. If my husband wants to use the plan, he just goes into the internet plan and "swaps" the plan to his phone number so he can use it.  When he is done, I go to my phone and "swap" back to my phone." 

Celebrity does not permit "swapping of the plan."  On Celebrity a log in, userId and pin, is associated with the plan and that is what is used to log in, not matter what device or who is using it. 

Not the first time an X rep has been wrong, won't be the last.  Since you can no longer stack CC status discounts with flash sale discounts, usually the CC status discount is useless and you can just book the cheaper flash sale rate online

Keep it in mind that on both cruise lines, your Internet plan is not tied to a specific device. You can switch devices as often as you’d like, you can give your password to someone else to put their device on for a few minutes, then come back to your device, you can toggle between two devices at will.  

• Thanks 1