No more Simply More

Jancruz

On 10/1/2024 at 10:11 AM, ak1004 said:

SM is gone. People should really get over it, stop comparing to SM and focus on the present prices. The market will decide if O is still competitive with the new prices and pricing structure.

SB 2026 itineraries are just out. Many European sailings start under $500/day. Many O sailings are priced over $500/day. If O believes that they can charge more than SB, the market will get them out their fantasy world very quickly. 

People are well within their right to compare pre and post pricing, No one is making you read this thread.

• Like 13

11 hours ago, Yesimapirate said:

Of course there are constant sales.....

Though O has created a mentality of "sales" and trick marketing. What does the newbie first see about O's marketing? The utter garbage about "2 for 1 Cruise Fares". Based on inflated book prices that no one ever pays. Essentially lying up front about some super-value pricing. Which then is augmented by a never-ending stream of sales after sales, both public and non-public.

• Like 8

My February 2025 Vista cruise is the same price today as it was before October 1 and it is $900 per person higher than it was when we booked it with SM in January 2024.  That’s a big price increase. 

We don’t have anything booked after that. If we booked another O cruise, it would be our 10th. Since everyone gets PPG now and silver status doesn’t amount to much anymore, it’s going to come down to whether we see a value in O’s current pricing. Maybe we will or maybe we won’t. 

• Like 6

37 minutes ago, sunlover12 said:

My February 2025 Vista cruise is the same price today as it was before October 1 and it is $900 per person higher than it was when we booked it with SM in January 2024.  That’s a big price increase. 

We don’t have anything booked after that. If we booked another O cruise, it would be our 10th. Since everyone gets PPG now and silver status doesn’t amount to much anymore, it’s going to come down to whether we see a value in O’s current pricing. Maybe we will or maybe we won’t. 

We have 0 booked with O for the first time in a long time.

The games that O is playing with pricing does Nothing to instill confidence in us as a consumer. In fact it is repulsive. 

We are examining alternatives to O.

• Like 4

On 9/29/2024 at 5:10 PM, edgee said:

Cannot name agencies on CC. Over ten years ago, I guess before the "no naming" rules were in effect someone on CC recommended them and I have been pretty satisfied.

Went down the rabbit hole trying to find them. Guess I’m not up to par with getting search results. Even went to Facebook which I abhor. I will keep digging but I get so sidetracked I find I’m losing days!!😂🤣😂😎

13 minutes ago, Thought2go said:

Went down the rabbit hole trying to find them. Guess I’m not up to par with getting search results. Even went to Facebook which I abhor. I will keep digging but I get so sidetracked I find I’m losing days!!😂🤣😂😎

As I mentioned, I was referred to my TA by someone from CC. Many people have their email in their signatures..

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Thought2go said:

Went down that rabbit hole-for days- just now coming up for air!!🤣😂🤣

I believe it is best to wait until you are aboard ship and engage some of your fellow passengers on this topic. While I realize this approach won’t generate the pleasures of instant gratification, it will generally produce the best long term results.

My splendid professional Travel Agent of nearly 30 years is retiring at the end of 2025, and no longer taking new clients, so I can’t directly help you. However, onboard, with no time constraints, one can listen to what you are wanting in a TA. Different people want totally different things from their TA, so a great TA for some would be an inadequate one for another. You must first rationalize what you are looking for, as we haven’t a clue.. Historically, in that opening telephone call, my TA would be interviewing the potential new client as much ( if not more) than vice versus.

Good luck in your quest. Onboard provides the best opportunities. In multiple conversations don’t be surprised to hear a few of the same names often repeated.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, mauibabes said:

@ak1004

You and so many others are right on, DITTO. Prices have gone up and will continue to do so. The Longshoremen strike can’t help either. 
We all like a deal and relish the ones we got. It is time to bury the 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023 and 2024 Sale prices, THAT WAS YESTERDAY AND YESTERDAY’s GONE. Those prices are not coming back and if some do, we will know there is even more trouble coming for a favorite cruise line. SM is gone but we are thankful to have some cruises booked into the future that will include those benefits, even if vocal travelers were successful in seeing its demise. P.S. I was a O Life fan and not an SM fan but it was still better than YWI when it comes to Value. 

Let’s see what Your World Included actually means when it comes to prices and Value. We can only assume there are more changes coming because change is inevitable. Everyone will make their own decisions about future O cruises, after all it is only my budget that matters for my/our travels. IMHO, we ought to give Yesterday’s comparisons a rest.  Again, JMHO. 🤪🙏🤙🛳️

Mauibabes

Many Financial Gurus on the web or mainstream is bemoaning the fact that there is about $2 Trillion in the USA sitting on the sidelines in peoples pockets and they want it in the system-their pockets. Seems as Oceania (NCL Group) has jumped on that bandwagon with both feet. Not the only industry to do so. Grabbing with both hands. So it’s up to each of us to either lock our wallets or make confetti. It’s not going to get better IMHO.

• Like 1

On 10/1/2024 at 6:20 AM, SEC Man said:

Just looked on Oceania’s website and it is still showing Simply More pricing and not even a reference to a new pricing scheme despite the press release stating the new pricing starts today, October 1st. 

i received a brochure in the mail today advertising Simply More.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, QuestionEverything said:

We have 0 [zero] booked with O for the first time in a long time. The games that O is playing with pricing does Nothing to instill confidence in us as a consumer....

Haven't done a new booking since the SM introduction sale in July 2023. Just finished that cruise. Which we did as a B2B with a cruise we booked "cruise only" on 7 May 2022!

So, PRICE COMPARISONS even today, for cruises still to be done, can involve pre-SM cruises, SM cruises, and post-SM cruises. Wonder when the LAST "cruise only" pre-SM cruise is done? I think some time in 2024. (Though I can't remember when the first 2025 itineraries were released.)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, QuestionEverything said:

The games that O is playing with pricing does Nothing to instill confidence in us as a consumer.

I agree. Not least when you remind yourself of what O's President said when extolling the virtues of the greater inclusiveness of Simply More when it was introduced (Press release 27/6/23). (my use of bold)

"Thanks to the launch of simply MORE, our guests will enjoy even more value, more choice and more convenience than ever before. Over the past 20 years, we have continued to adapt and evolve to the wants and needs of our valued trade partners and guests. We are always seeking to enhance the Oceania Cruises experience and raise the bar in offering the best value in luxury cruising. So, we asked our key audiences, guests and travel partners, what they wanted, and that was simplicity, choice and value. Through our new simply MORE value promise, they now have all three.

"For me, the cornerstone of this exciting new value promise is the generous credit offered to every guest to be spent on shore excursions of their choice. Oceania Cruises is renowned for our imaginative and immersive itineraries, journeying to every part of the globe, which are enhanced even further by our industry-leading array of enriching adventures ashore."

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Harters said:

I agree. Not least when you remind yourself of what O's President said when extolling the virtues of the greater inclusiveness of Simply More when it was introduced (Press release 27/6/23). (my use of bold)

"Thanks to the launch of simply MORE, our guests will enjoy even more value, more choice and more convenience than ever before. Over the past 20 years, we have continued to adapt and evolve to the wants and needs of our valued trade partners and guests. We are always seeking to enhance the Oceania Cruises experience and raise the bar in offering the best value in luxury cruising. So, we asked our key audiences, guests and travel partners, what they wanted, and that was simplicity, choice and value. Through our new simply MORE value promise, they now have all three.

"For me, the cornerstone of this exciting new value promise is the generous credit offered to every guest to be spent on shore excursions of their choice. Oceania Cruises is renowned for our imaginative and immersive itineraries, journeying to every part of the globe, which are enhanced even further by our industry-leading array of enriching adventures ashore."

When we booked our upcoming Marina cruise in January 2023 we chose the O'Life drinks package option. When O introduced SM in June we rebooked to get the SM and it was the same price as when we booked with O'Life. 

On 9/6/2024 at 2:00 PM, Harters said:

We were already looking at a land based option to cruising before this. After a lot of research, we've found an all-inclusive 5 * resort which seems closest to the Oceania "hotel experience" - nice accommodation, good service, speciality restaurants, entertainment, allocated sunbeds (so no hogging needed), etc. We're going to try it in a few weeks. And the big thing here is that it's 50% of the Simply More price of our similar length cruise next year. And that includes air fare (no air fare needed for the cruise as a UK to UK one). So, even if it proves to be not quite as good as O, I suspect we'd rather opt for two holidays in Cyprus, rather than one cruise.  

Of course, we already do land based holidays, renting an apartment or villa and eating out every night. Three weeks in Tenerife in January coming up and, probably, another break in Mallorca in the autumn. Again, invariably much cheaper than cruising and,  with  the necessary research done, good and great food every night. 

Are you going to The Amavi?  It is great!  We are like you and enjoy land holidays as you get to see so much more of a place.  We recently returned from Portugal and are off to Tenerife in a fortnight, Cape Verde in January and Turkey next September.  We are now keeping cruises for "best" as they really are SO much more expensive.  Last year we did the Panama Canal on Sirena and we have just booked The Amazon on Insignia in January 26 (just in time to get Simply More but not certain sure of it's value to us)  We loved OLife. 

55 minutes ago, jillmoyra said:

Are you going to The Amavi?

No. We're off to the Olympic Lagoon in Paphos shortly. We don't expect it to be quite as good as Oceania but it is half the price. We're hoping it's good enough and may well replace cruising. Three weeks in Tenerife in January as usual (apartment). Bay of Biscay cruise, round trip from Southampton in June on Vista. Nothing yet planned for a UK break in the summer or anything for the autumn (although ideas for both)

I have three O cruises booked for 25, two of which are b2bers. Booked when first released, so could care less what their current prices are. We have one upcoming cruise on a different line.

Just back from two weeks in Tuscany with an additional four days in Bologna. What a food Mecca Bologna is!!! Paris, Lyon, Rome; none have anything on this place! I never craved nor desired Americanized food even once. Ship food couldn’t touch any of our meals. Two of the four couples we took told me it was the best vacation they’d had in their lives, and this was from people in their late 50s- 60.

We currently have nothing booked for 2026. Unless we are really enthralled with something on the upcoming cruise release, we’ll probably pass altogether.  Another food vacation to Maine for real lobster, not the yukky ship stuff. Maybe back to Canjun country, not NO, but the surrounding area for some real Cancun and Creole cuisine. Friends are wanting us to do a trip to the F.P.. It would be Paul G, if we did a ship; but just staying in Bora Bora, take in the great local food, snorkel, and relax on our time. No ship food, no artificial departure times. I foresee a whole lot more land trips starting in 26, and very few cruises particularly at current posted prices.

Edited by pinotlover
  • Like 4

On 10/3/2024 at 8:16 AM, QuestionEverything said:

We have 0 booked with O for the first time in a long time.

The games that O is playing with pricing does Nothing to instill confidence in us as a consumer. In fact it is repulsive. 

We are examining alternatives to O.

Our favorite thus far is Regent, which is owned by same parent company.  Even though the rates appear higher, with everything factored in they are probably very competitive.

They are truly all-inclusive...Tips, Wifi, Specialty dining, Premium Liquor, including your choice of full size in-cabin bottles, Daily laundry service, Excursions. 

Also, when I booked Regent, I didn't have an Oceania rep call me the next day to see if there was anyone else that wanted to book with us (and basically take sales away from our TA).  I thought this was very distasteful.  This will be our 1st trip with Oceania and their pricing wasn't very competitive - just the itinerary we wanted.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, pinotlover said:

Another food vacation to Maine for real lobster

Over the decades, we've visited the States on several occasions. Twice to New England. Great seafood - I wish we could get that quality as easily on this small cold island off the coast of Northern Europe. 

My best story about Maine lobster (perhaps my only story), comes form our last trip there. We stayed in Portsmouth, NH for a few days. One day we took a boat trip out on the Piscatagua River. The captain said that a lot of lobster is caught in the estuary. If it's landed on the northern side of the river, it's sold as "Maine lobster". If it's landed on the southern side it's sold as  "lobster". 

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, oskidunker said:

Simply less. They probably lost money on the free wine. It is what it is. Take it or leave it. There are cheaper cruiselines sailing mega ships. No thanks. Ill pay the Ransom but cruise less

But I think there are a plenty of cruise lines priced somewhat similar to Oceania that offer more luxurious experience.  That’s the part I really don’t understand about what Oceania is trying to do.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, as3369 said:

Also, when I booked Regent, I didn't have an Oceania rep call me the next day to see if there was anyone else that wanted to book with us (and basically take sales away from our TA).  I thought this was very distasteful. 

You can book your cruise directly with Oceania and then (within 14 days) transfer your booking to your preferred TA, so they are not losing any sales.