I just got a sky suite - move up

mcatmcat

Hi everyone 

I’m not really familiar with x’suits and I have a question- reflection-

if I got the suite due to a mover up offer, do I still get the benefits of it such as premium drink and luminae? (I didn’t have a package on my original reservation ) 
thanks for the help 

Edited by mcatmcat
  • Like 2

• mcatmcat changed the title to I just got a sky suite - move up

You keep your wifi and drink package from your original booking. You have access to The Retreat Lounge or Michael's Club where all your drinks are free. It is fairly new that your mini bar drinks are free. Your assigned restaurant will be Luminae. No reservations required. Luminae is open on embarkation for lunch 12 to 1:30. Know that your in a suite you can ignore assigned check-in time.

Edited by bigbenboys
added info
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, bigbenboys said:

You keep your wifi and drink package from your original booking. You have access to The Retreat Lounge or Michael's Club where all your drinks are free. It is fairly new that your mini bar drinks are free. Your assigned restaurant will be Luminae. No reservations required. Luminae is open on embarkation for lunch 12 to 1:30. Know that your in a suite you can ignore assigned check-in time.

Thank you so much for the help.

im also traveling with my family, so you think I can do Luminae and also also MDR @830pm?  I want to eat at Luminare but join them at 830pm later on, I don’t want them to be alone. 
for the free premiums drink, I didn’t have a package before, can I order drinks at anytime anywhere, or is it only at The Retreat Lounge or Michael's Club where all your drinks are free? 

9 minutes ago, Stu UK said:

You get luminea, lounge and deck access and other suite amenities. You keep the same drinks package & WiFi you had before the move up. Enjoy the retreat. 

Thank you, I didn’t have WiFi or the the drink package, I guess it will be included now 

thanks so much🙂

4 minutes ago, mcatmcat said:

Thank you, I didn’t have WiFi or the the drink package, I guess it will be included now 

thanks so much🙂

You only get free drinks in the Retreat Lounge.  Drinks in Luminae or elsewhere on the ship you will be charged for.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mcatmcat said:

thanks so much🙂

If you didn’t have it before it won’t be included. 

45 minutes ago, mcatmcat said:

Thank you so much for the help.

im also traveling with my family, so you think I can do Luminae and also also MDR @830pm?  I want to eat at Luminare but join them at 830pm later on, I don’t want them to be alone. 
for the free premiums drink, I didn’t have a package before, can I order drinks at anytime anywhere, or is it only at The Retreat Lounge or Michael's Club where all your drinks are free? 

Did you have assigned dining like 6pm or 8:30pm or were you in Select Dinning? The reason I ask is if assigned dining Celebrity might put others in you seat. Talk to the maitre d in Luminae when you board.

Your drinks are only free in MC or The Retreat Lounge. Outside of MC or Retreat you will have to pay for drinks with your Seapass card.

Edited by bigbenboys
added info

Just now, bigbenboys said:

Did you have assigned dining like 6pm or 8:30pm or were you in Select Dinning? The reason I ask is if assigned dining Celebrity might put others in you seat. Talk to the maitre d in Luminae.

Your drinks are only free in MC or The Retreat Lounge. Outside of MC or Retreat you will have to pay for drinks with your Seapass card.

Yes I was assigned 830pm with them, thanks for the help. Btw is room service included? 

40 minutes ago, jelayne said:

You only get free drinks in the Retreat Lounge.  Drinks in Luminae or elsewhere on the ship you will be charged for.  

Got it, thanks 

Edited by mcatmcat

If you get a suite via move up and you don't have a drinks package, are drinks free in both the Retreat lounge AND the retreat sundeck (if your ship has one) or just in the lounge?

1 hour ago, mcatmcat said:

im also traveling with my family, so you think I can do Luminae and also also MDR @830pm?

Yes, you can enjoy your dinner in Luminae and then join your family in the MDR.  Just make sure that they save you a seat at their table or be there with them when they go in.  

On 9/5/2024 at 3:22 PM, mcatmcat said:

thanks so much🙂

Unfortunately no.   If you didn't have WiFi and a Drink Package you still will not have one.    However you can get free drinks in Retreat / Michael's Club but not in Luminae, Sun Deck or anywhere on the ship.

Many in your situation grab a Glass of Wine in Retreat and bring to Luminae.

• Like 2

On 9/5/2024 at 4:15 PM, OysterD said:

If you get a suite via move up and you don't have a drinks package, are drinks free in both the Retreat lounge AND the retreat sundeck (if your ship has one) or just in the lounge?

Only in Retreat Lounge.       That doesn't prevent you from getting your own drink in Retreat and take it to the Sun Deck.   You just can't order it on the Sun Deck.   Makes no sense to me but thems the rules.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Unfortunately no.   If you didn't have WiFi and a Drink Package you still will not have one.    However you can get free drinks in Retreat / Michael's Club but not in Luminae, Sun Deck or anywhere on the ship.

Thank you 

Do you know if they have virgin drinks at MC such as mojitos o piña colada, and water? 
are they always open? 

15 minutes ago, mcatmcat said:

Thank you 

Do you know if they have virgin drinks at MC such as mojitos o piña colada, and water? 
are they always open? 

No problem.    The MC / Retreat will make any virgin drink you request.   One night the offered me an Nonalcoholic Gin.    It was the worst tasting drink I've ever had... lol.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

10 hours ago, mcatmcat said:

Thank you 

are they always open? 

They are definitely open between 8am and about 11.30pm…I have never tried to visit in between! You can get water, soda etc to take back to your room as well as enjoying drinks there.

During the day I often prefer virgin drinks and if they have got the ingredients they will make it for you…

9 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

No problem.    The MC / Retreat will make any virgin drink you request.   One night the offered me a Nonalcoholic Gin.    It was the worst tasting drink I've ever had... lol.  

At afternoon tea one afternoon I refused the fizz saying I was saving my alcohol intake for later…They offered me some nonalcoholic which I tried for interest…Truly odd tasting! I stuck with my lemon tea!

Congratulations on your move up, mcatmcat, hope you have a fantastic cruise!

Edited by chemmo

20 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

So what is the benefit of the move up offer?  Personally I have never seen a better price than if I had booked it right from the start with any line I sailed on. Now this just makes it a worse deal. Not to mention you are gambling on room location.

Edited by Iamcruzin

45 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

So what is the benefit of the move up offer?  Personally I have never seen a better price than if I had booked it right from the start with any line I sailed on. Now this just makes it a worse deal. Not to mention you are gambling on room location.

Totally understand re gambling on room location but are there any really bad suite locations? I guess the MC suites are becoming a bit like marmite…

I think a lot depend on what you are moving up for…If you are a family then the extra space alone may make the move worthwhile…If you have never experienced Luminae…

43 minutes ago, chemmo said:

Totally understand re gambling on room location but are there any really bad suite locations? I guess the MC suites are becoming a bit like marmite…

I think a lot depend on what you are moving up for…If you are a family then the extra space alone may make the move worthwhile…If you have never experienced Luminae…

I price all categories above the one I book up to an aqua sky suite. I take note of the price at the time of booking and I have never seen a better deal even at the lowest bid had I booked it from the beginning. I know you don't get the extra points but I never knew that you don't get the drink and WiFi package that comes with it if you book from the start.