Jim_Iain - Live - comparison of Oceania Regatta - Vista Suite to Celebrity Millennium Royal Suite

Jim_Iain

2 hours ago, awhfy said:

I love a properly dressed table. I was a protocol officer for 35 years & taught Dine Like a Diplomat. Good memories!!

Those are some of the changes we see as the constant movement from premium to just another cruise line. 

To me plastic placemats and runners just don’t do it.  

• Like 7

1 hour ago, NMTraveller said:

Perhaps consider an IWatch?  A bit bulkier, but they do a lot more...  I will likely upgrade my DWs with the latest one coming out.

I’ve looked at them -  what I like about my Fitbit is it charges in 20 minutes and last 72 hours.  That goes for quite a premium for the Ultra 2. 

The Series 9 might be an option.   How long does your wife’s take to charge. 

IMG_5691.thumb.jpeg.caff386777e46e8ee4f2755227ebc7e1.jpeg

Jim, my Apple watch (the cheap one) is usually about half charged when I take it off at night and always fully charged in the morning.  One time I apparently didn't connect the charger properly and it didn't have much charge.  After my morning walk, it took about half an hour to charge up.

I think you missed my earlier question about non-alcoholic wines and champagne.  Are they available on Oceania?  MSC Yacht Club did not have them and showed no interest in providing them.

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I’ve looked at them -  what I like about my Fitbit is it charges in 20 minutes and last 72 hours.  That goes for quite a premium for the Ultra 2. 

The Series 9 might be an option.   How long does your wife’s take to charge. 

IMG_5691.thumb.jpeg.caff386777e46e8ee4f2755227ebc7e1.jpeg

I would look at the IWatch Series 10.  It should be released in several days.  It has a bigger screen and better speaker.  My DW charges hers overnight.  Your can charge the Series 10 for 15 minutes and it will last 8 hours.  She uses her Series 9 mostly for streaming music at the gym to her Airpods.  

Edited by NMTraveller
  • Like 1

I absolutely love my Apple Watch 9, especially the biometrics capability: respiratory rate, afib, O2, workouts, the list goes on.  I charge mine during morning coffee bc I wear it during sleep; fully charged in <45 minutes when my battery is about 35%. I  recommend watching you tube videos for all its functions and instructions. Hope this helps in your purchasing decision.  In the meantime, enjoy your cruise. I’m enjoying following along. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

What part of Eastern TN.    My ancestors moved to Blount / Sevier County right after the revolution and pretty much stayed there until after WW2.    The last of my direct relatives have now passed.   

I know this comment wasn't directed towards me but I am from East Tennessee....well, moved here from the DC area with a jaunt in Vermont.  I'm in Sevier County!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I have to agree.   For us we thought giving up the Double Zenith perks would certainly be missed.   We initially decided because as an Upper Suite passenger we had lost all of our Zenith Benefits because we already had them with our room.    As a result of a discussion I had with Laura as well I am sure from other Zenith's they now have a discounted Zenith fare -   I think on our last booking it was on something like $500.

As I said to Iain.   Loyalty can only go so far then after you have an affair and taste the good life it may be time to end the separation and get a divorce.    Loyalty seems to be a one way street.

I have somewhat soured on the Retreat but I still do enjoy the Celebrity ships and the Zenith perks really shine when booking a non Retreat stateroom. The free laundry, premium internet, and premium drink package save a lot of money but the real benefit is the elevated service. Priority boarding/tendering..., access to the concierge, a dedicated phone line that is answered by an experienced person in a few rings... Except for a larger stateroom the Retreat does not offer much more on a M or S Class ship than a balcony room with Zenith perks. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I have so much to learn about the various ships.    The shower in our suite is huge.  Could probably fit 4 men your size.    It has both a Rain Shower and Hand held.  It also has a nice marble bench for the ladies to sit down and shave their legs.   I guess a guy could also sit down but not sure for what.     I use it as a bench step to wash my feet.

I could come up with a few suggestions...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

On my DWs IWatch she tripped and fell during a hike and it asked if she want to call for assistance.

Hubs gets that all the time when doing yard work & the notification is loud!

• Like 1

Jim. Les has the Apple Ultra watch & loves it.he doesn’t answer his phone any longer, just Dick Tracey’s it🙄.  Battery charge is 3-4 days (depending on apps open).  The fitness app is great (he was a Garmin guy). I have the Apple 9 & jury is still out for me. I had a fitbit for years but the apple is easier to use but battery isn’t near the fitbit

• Thanks 2

14 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I hope in a good way.   I love Carbonara and after the lump of starch served in Luminae on Edge was cautious of ordering it.   I make a great Carbonars.

In a very good way! It was one of our favorite dishes. We ordered one to split and practically fought over it. haha. The other thing that was outstanding was a pounded thin veal chop with a salad on top. Then on Vista this year I believe I had veal masala which was also wonderful.

The oysters Rockefeller at Polo Grill were excellent, as was the lobster bisque. Oh one of my favorite dishes of our entire cruise on Riviera was at Polo Grill. It was the "Pancetta Wrapped Filet of Veal with Bay Lobster Tail Oscar Style". It had a lovely sauce on it. Look at the size of that tail!  Also pictured here are the oysters from Polo Grill (with a foie gras in the background) and that veal chop from Toscana.

SteakLobster.jpeg

oysters.jpeg

Veal Chop.jpeg

• Like 7

14 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Jim, my Apple watch (the cheap one) is usually about half charged when I take it off at night and always fully charged in the morning.  One time I apparently didn't connect the charger properly and it didn't have much charge.  After my morning walk, it took about half an hour to charge up.

I think you missed my earlier question about non-alcoholic wines and champagne.  Are they available on Oceania?  MSC Yacht Club did not have them and showed no interest in providing them.

Linda I'm sorry I missed your question.   Yes they have a full selection of Chardonnay, Rose and Merlot Non-Alcoholic wine and a Champagne.     I've had the Merlot and Chardonnay -  the Chardonnay is too fruity and sweet for my taste but the Merlot is quite drinkable.  They do also have non-alcoholic mocktails and Beer.

Brand of wine is Pierre Zero many on CC say that the bubbly is better than what other brands offer.

Edited by Jim_Iain

12 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

I would look at the IWatch Series 10.  It should be released in several days.  It has a bigger screen and better speaker.  My DW charges hers overnight.  Your can charge the Series 10 for 15 minutes and it will last 8 hours.  She uses her Series 9 mostly for streaming music at the gym to her Airpods.  

That is one of the things that wouldn't work for me.    I like the tracking of my sleep and most I've read of don't last overnight...

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Kandtcruisers said:

I absolutely love my Apple Watch 9, especially the biometrics capability: respiratory rate, afib, O2, workouts, the list goes on.  I charge mine during morning coffee bc I wear it during sleep; fully charged in <45 minutes when my battery is about 35%. I  recommend watching you tube videos for all its functions and instructions. Hope this helps in your purchasing decision.  In the meantime, enjoy your cruise. I’m enjoying following along. 

Ahhh a confirmation you can use for overnight.    I will have to sort out my spend rate.   I was going to buy the Apple iPhone 16 Pro-Max but the first shipments will be on 9/20 and I won't be home yet.   I will be ordering it so it arrives the day after we get home. 

I'm also having cataract surgery surgery in late November and have opted for a new premium variable focus lens which is going to cost me about $2,500 out of pocket... The choice was to not have to wear glasses for reading or get the premium lens.    I'm not a candidate for one eye near sighted and one far.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

On my DWs IWatch she tripped and fell during a hike and it asked if she want to call for assistance.

That is one real wonderful feature.   I read of a man in Australia that was washed out to sea and was able to call for a water rescue.   Amazing.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, billc23 said:

I have somewhat soured on the Retreat but I still do enjoy the Celebrity ships and the Zenith perks really shine when booking a non Retreat stateroom. The free laundry, premium internet, and premium drink package save a lot of money but the real benefit is the elevated service. Priority boarding/tendering..., access to the concierge, a dedicated phone line that is answered by an experienced person in a few rings... Except for a larger stateroom the Retreat does not offer much more on a M or S Class ship than a balcony room with Zenith perks. 

I agree that the perks are great, but to be honest I really haven't missed any of that yet.  I am tempted to work on a booking in Aqua but not sure Iain will agree.   Since we will probably never sail an E-Class again the offering on M and S are limited.

4 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Ahhh a confirmation you can use for overnight.    I will have to sort out my spend rate.   I was going to buy the Apple iPhone 16 Pro-Max but the first shipments will be on 9/20 and I won't be home yet.   I will be ordering it so it arrives the day after we get home. 

I'm also having cataract surgery surgery in late November and have opted for a new premium variable focus lens which is going to cost me about $2,500 out of pocket... The choice was to not have to wear glasses for reading or get the premium lens.    I'm not a candidate for one eye near sighted and one far.

I have the Apple Watch 9. The battery life isn't great. Since I want to wear it overnight, I just charge it daily in the evening while watching TV or on the PC.

Good luck with the cataract surgery. I've had both eyes done. I have an eye condition that precluded getting the variable focus lens.

Vanessa

1 hour ago, awhfy said:

Jim. Les has the Apple Ultra watch & loves it.he doesn’t answer his phone any longer, just Dick Tracey’s it🙄.  Battery charge is 3-4 days (depending on apps open).  The fitness app is great (he was a Garmin guy). I have the Apple 9 & jury is still out for me. I had a fitbit for years but the apple is easier to use but battery isn’t near the fitbit

Sounds like a lot of IWatch enthusiast here.  The negative of the FitBit is Google purchased them and slowly shutting down production of the product line.

• Thanks 1

I will be posting the food pictures on the Oceania Board.

Here are a couple more comparison's   

Power Outlets and USB  -   In our suite,  I haven't counted them but I would say there are about 10-12 power outlets and  2 USB outlets.   Found no need for an extension cord.  I believe there are only a couple on non-upper suites.

• Like 1