HAL- CUSTOMER SERVICE- DISGRACEFUL!

Rambozo68

WHAT A WAY TO TREAT YOUR CUSTOMERS!

We returned from a HAL Alaska cruise on 3rd September (two couples). Due to excursions being canceled (bad weather), we both had credits in excess of $700 on our onboard accounts. THIS MONEY HAS NOT BEEN RETURNED.

We have both, on several occasions, tried to contact HAL Customer Service, in both the US and the UK.

The UK can't help, "nothing to do with us", contact THE US.

I have sent several emails to GUEST RELATIONS, and other than the automated response, have received ZERO response.

They're quick enough to take your money upfront for SPECIALTY DINING and EXCURSIONS. It's a disgrace that almost 6 weeks later I'm chasing my own money!!

If anybody has any thoughts on who we might contact, please advise!

17 minutes ago, Rambozo68 said:

We returned from a HAL Alaska cruise on 3rd September (two couples). Due to excursions being canceled (bad weather), we both had credits in excess of $700 on our onboard accounts. THIS MONEY HAS NOT BEEN RETURNED.

We have both, on several occasions, tried to contact HAL Customer Service, in both the US and the UK.

I have sent several emails to GUEST RELATIONS, and other than the automated response, have received ZERO response.

They're quick enough to take your money upfront for SPECIALTY DINING and EXCURSIONS. It's a disgrace that almost 6 weeks later I'm chasing my own money!!

Email billing services - Guest relations and general HAL line will not have access to your account information from a specific cruise. They help with on board spending billing issues.

Onboardbilling@hollandamerica.com

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, Rambozo68 said:

It's a disgrace that almost 6 weeks later I'm chasing my own money!!

September 3 to September 12 is hardly six weeks !!!  Maybe a deep breath or two would help.

Edited by taxmantoo
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 6

16 minutes ago, rodndonna said:

Email billing services - Guest relations and general HAL line will not have access to your account information from a specific cruise. They help with on board spending billing issues.

Onboardbilling@hollandamerica.com

Thanks guys, I'll try this route! If only HAL could reply in this time frame!

47 minutes ago, Rambozo68 said:

Return date from cruise should read 3rd August!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Rambozo68 said:

Thanks guys, I'll try this route! If only HAL could reply in this time frame!

Others can chime in ..but in my limited experience it was about 2 weeks, 3 at the most before I had the final response from billing. It does take time to rectify and reconcile billing. I seem to recall that shore excursions are somewhat their own department (based in our last Princess cruise) so that adds a bit of delay in reconciliation as well.

I trust fully you will be refunded, just maybe not be quick 

• Like 2

There is always as a last resort, getting the credit card company you used for your payment involved. They will want to know what if anything you did to resolve the issue before disputing the charge. At this point, you can let them know about your correspondence and lack of replies, but I would wait until you try the e-mail suggested earlier in this thread.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, rodndonna said:

Others can chime in ..but in my limited experience it was about 2 weeks, 3 at the most before I had the final response from billing. It does take time to rectify and reconcile billing. I seem to recall that shore excursions are somewhat their own department (based in our last Princess cruise) so that adds a bit of delay in reconciliation as well.

I trust fully you will be refunded, just maybe not be quick 

Hi Rodndonna, in the current financial climate, 5 days to refund money to a card is about the norm. 6 weeks is profiteering from customers on a grand scale. My onboard account shows the credit card return being processed on 3rd August for $774.13 

3 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

There is always as a last resort, getting the credit card company you used for your payment involved. They will want to know what if anything you did to resolve the issue before disputing the charge. At this point, you can let them know about your correspondence and lack of replies, but I would wait until you try the e-mail suggested earlier in this thread.

Thanks ontheweb! I've sent correspondence to the email suggested by rodndonna.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rambozo68 said:

Hi Rodndonna, in the current financial climate, 5 days to refund money to a card is about the norm. 6 weeks is profiteering from customers on a grand scale. My onboard account shows the credit card return being processed on 3rd August for $774.13 

That's odd. We've always had any balance due at end of cruise come back onto your card within a day or 2. Any chance there is an issue with the Card number they had on file for the refund? I would check with your bank also.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rambozo68 said:

Thanks ontheweb! I've sent correspondence to the email suggested by rodndonna.

Good luck .I hope it works out for you. 🤞 Again as a last resort, there is always the credit card company. You are obviously in the right wanting a refund for things that they cancelled.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rodndonna said:

That's odd. We've always had any balance due at end of cruise come back onto your card within a day or 2. Any chance there is an issue with the Card number they had on file for the refund? I would check with your bank also.

I haven't checked with bank yet, but it has happened to both couples, with separate onboard accounts. We've both been trying to contact HAL. Neither of us received a response.

14 minutes ago, Rambozo68 said:

My onboard account shows the credit card return being processed on 3rd August for $774.13 

I would really be calling your bank/credit card facility to check this.  

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Rambozo68 said:

I haven't checked with bank yet, but it has happened to both couples, with separate onboard accounts. We've both been trying to contact HAL. Neither of us received a response.

Time to use the executive contacts:  

Primary Contact
Brett Swofford
Senior manager of guest relations
450 Third Avenue West
bswofford@hollandamerica.com
907-278-8040

Secondary Contact
Gustavo Antocha
President, Holland America Line
450 Third Avenue West
gantorcha@hollandamerica.com
(206) 281-3535

Also, try:

officeofthepresident@hollandamerica.com

gantorcha@gmail.com

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, tupper10 said:

Time to use the executive contacts:  

Primary Contact
Brett Swofford
Senior manager of guest relations
450 Third Avenue West
bswofford@hollandamerica.com
907-278-8040

Secondary Contact
Gustavo Antocha
President, Holland America Line
450 Third Avenue West
gantorcha@hollandamerica.com
(206) 281-3535

Also, try:

officeofthepresident@hollandamerica.com

gantorcha@gmail.com

Hi Tupper, thanks for these, let's see who can help! The only one you've missed is POTUS! 🤣🤣👍👍

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Rambozo68 said:

Were any of these credits part of the have it all promotion.   That part wouldn’t come back to you.  Were these refunds from any pre cruise or post cruise on land tours?  They would take longer for a refund.  Did you do land and cruise?  Were the credits showing up on your account while you were in the cabin stateroom?  

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Lido deck main said:

Were any of these credits part of the have it all promotion.   That part wouldn’t come back to you.  Were these refunds from any pre cruise or post cruise on land tours?  They would take longer for a refund.  Did you do land and cruise?  Were the credits showing up on your account while you were in the cabin stateroom?  

Hi Lido, not promotion related. Credits are from a cancelled shore excursion while on board. Credits appeared on the statement and as you can see below, the refund transaction also appears on the statement. There will always be transactional issues and glitches. This I can accept. My main problem is with the lack of ANY response from HAL Customer Service! 

HAL.thumb.jpg.c73930f6c8f3a64f85463268c3bbddf3.jpg

Edited by Rambozo68

Why haven’t you checked your bank account?  That would be my first go to.  Usually the bank notes the credit within 7 days after they actually receive it then post it to your account soon thereafter. If you are awaiting a paper bill that could be 60 days