LIVE from Sun Princess Barcelona to Southampton September 14th-23rd

dides

14 hours ago, Trimone said:

Hi, we filled the form out to say we were leaving today 22nd September on Wednesday, our cruise ended tomorrow 23rd September, on that questionnaire it just gave dates not times.

We choose to leave 22/09 we intended to have a leisurely morning, we had paid for it, including packages, we had a letter last night saying we had to be off the ship by 11am this morning. Someone on ship go and knock on 16452 and see if it’s occupied?

Princess should get their act together.

Did you consider that this may have been due to UK customs and baggage handlers. They are usually employed for certain times when passengers depart ships, they are not going to have customs and baggage handlers available all day for when people choose to disembark!

If it was me I would have stayed on board until my departure date enjoyed the food and my drinks package regardless of what was going on the ship.

I have been on the Sun for 28 days and have loved every minute of it. Our favourite area is the adult only area at front of ship in front of Dome. 
We are from Uk 

27 minutes ago, bellagiio said:

Did you consider that this may have been due to UK customs and baggage handlers. They are usually employed for certain times when passengers depart ships, they are not going to have customs and baggage handlers available all day for when people choose to disembark!

If it was me I would have stayed on board until my departure date enjoyed the food and my drinks package regardless of what was going on the ship.

I have been on the Sun for 28 days and have loved every minute of it. Our favourite area is the adult only area at front of ship in front of Dome. 
We are from Uk 

Some people loved being on the Titanic, too!😄😉 Humour aside, I do think your comment about baggage handlers is a good one.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, commodoredave said:

Some people loved being on the Titanic, too!😄😉 Humour aside, I do think your comment about baggage handlers is a good one.

We had to carry off suitcases!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Trimone said:

We had to carry off suitcases!

That’s disgraceful. I am sincerely sorry for all the bad experiences many people had on this cruise. It is simply not normal for so many people to voice such disappointment about a cruise. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Esprit said:

I've always thought myself to be easy going and take many negative comments on here with a pinch of salt, but the crap happening on this last cruise is really bad. Princess have a bloody nerve to do what they have done and kid everyone with positive spin b******t.  

Completely agree.

On fb there are many passengers experiencing the same as we heard here- good, bad and noisy, closed access to Sanctuary and Signature restaurant, Dome etc.

And then there are those who are praising Princess and say they were not impacted by any if.

.  Certainly not the same standards that I expect for a Suite/ Sanctuary experience at top dollar.

Our October 19/24 cruise on the Sun has a large Travel agent group, as well, I’ve been told.

12 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

Thanks so much for sharing your journey with us - the good, bad, and perplexing.  I think we will wait just a bit longer before booking a cruise on the Sun (or Star).

Agree.  I’m double thinking about it also.  Doesn’t sound like a vacation to me.  SMH

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dog said:

Completely agree.

On fb there are many passengers experiencing the same as we heard here- good, bad and noisy, closed access to Sanctuary and Signature restaurant, Dome etc.

And then there are those who are praising Princess and say they were not impacted by any if.

.  Certainly not the same standards that I expect for a Suite/ Sanctuary experience at top dollar.

Our October 19/24 cruise on the Sun has a large Travel agent group, as well, I’ve been told.

There were lots of positives and the ship is beautiful but definitely suffering from teething issues. Had we paid a bargain price then we could have forgiven some of the problems that we experienced. For what we paid, we certainly did not expect to be treated as unwanted guests once we reached Southampton nor did we think it fair to alter the itinerary and remove promised facilities at the last moment without giving us the option to cancel. Subjecting us to the noise from the construction work during the cruise and the overcrowding and privacy intrusion on the final days was unacceptable.

I hope that they will sort out many of the problems before your cruise and hopefully you will not be impacted by the travel agents.

🤞for a great cruise experience in October. 

• Thanks 1

I am usually a , let me see for myself type of person and take reeviews with a grain ofsalt. However, if these stories are true, the decisions being made by Princess Corporate are truly perplexing. At this point, I dont think they are tweeks or inaugural issues. These are purposeful decisions.

4 hours ago, dog said:

Completely agree.

Certainly not the same standards that I expect for a Suite/ Sanctuary experience at top dollar.

Can you relay what you have heard about a large TA group?

There is a VIP/TA shortie before the first full sailing on Oct. 14.

I thought that was good news when it leaked.

BUT, now I am no so sure that the first cruises will not be affected.

I don't care who says "Ohhh, no problem..."   When a vacationer/cruiser pays this kind of money for what is promised to be available to them,  and then Corporate takes over like it is then their own personal 'Convention Hall'   (which is exactly what this new ship design seems to be like). 

This very much IS a problem.   A big one.

Everyone should have been fully informed.  The cruise would be one day shorter... There should have been generous compensation...  etc..   etc...  etc...

There is a right way and a wrong way to handle situations like this.

Again,  a 'Princess' that we do not even recognize.

This is all systemic, and coming directly from the TOP down.

Edited by Wishing on a star
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

Can you relay what you have heard about a large TA group?

There is a VIP/TA shortie before the first full sailing on Oct. 14.

I thought that was good news when it leaked.

BUT, now I am no so sure that the first cruises will not be affected.

I don't care who says "Ohhh, no problem..."   When a vacationer/cruiser pays this kind of money for what is promised to be available to them,  and then Corporate takes over like it is then their own personal 'Convention Hall'   (which is exactly what this new ship design seems to be like). 

This very much IS a problem.   A big one.

Everyone should have been fully informed.  The cruise would be one day shorter... There should have been generous compensation...  etc..   etc...  etc...

There is a right way and a wrong way to handle situations like this.

Again,  a 'Princess' that we do not even recognize.

This is all systemic, and coming directly from the TOP down.

Just having the 'privilege ' of being on a VIP portion of a cruise.... it's not fun for the regular passengers. They had a special arena show... for vip and suites only. The vips drink a lot, flood the venues, etc. Totally felt pushed aside.

• Like 2

W.Star— fb roll call for October 19 th, a very pleasant lady posted that she is a travel agent and was part of a large travel agency group. The agency has also had a thread on fb with other sponsored cruises.Cannot mention names on here.

voljeep mentioned the Bears group is on-board October 26 th.

Edited by dog

16 minutes ago, dog said:

W.Star— fb roll call for October 19 th, a very pleasant lady posted that she is a travel agent and was part of a large travel agency group. The agency has also had a thread on fb with other sponsored cruises.Cannot mention names on here.

voljeep mentioned the Bears group is on-board October 26 th.

https://www.bearcruises.com/fall2024