First time on Oceania, basic, maybe even silly questions

JCMass.

15 minutes ago, ronrick1943 said:

NO, but theyshould have been able to get water down to the port area for all.  Also the Hotel manager should be aware of all ship guest problems and be able to talk to the department head and if nothing can be done escalate it to the Captain.

Not sure what post you're responding to, but I agree with your comment.

Nautica spring 2023 in a deluxe ocean view cabin, the outer wall was metal and magnets worked well. The cabin door and bath door were metal. Iirc the bed wall not so much. The ceilings are metal so if your magnets swivel on their hooks that can work well. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, babysteps said:

Nautica spring 2023 in a deluxe ocean view cabin, the outer wall was metal and magnets worked well. The cabin door and bath door were metal. Iirc the bed wall not so much. The ceilings are metal so if your magnets swivel on their hooks that can work well. 

Thank you for answering the original question in this thread. I had that question myself and have been waiting for an answer.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, tropicalkerry2002 said:

I have never paid for a virgin frozen Pina Colada on Oceania. Been having them for many years, and just got off Insignia one week ago....had at least 6 on that one week cruise.

Thank you so much for this correction. It’s important information. I was probably thinking of the new specialty mocktails that they are offering. I believe those have a charge unless you’re on a certain beverage package. I’m just not familiar with those details.

But thank you again for this information, and my sister-in-law will be very happy to hear this!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PhD-iva said:

I was probably thinking of the new specialty mocktails that they are offering

Yes, the mocktails such as a gin & tonic, using Lyre's, is chargeable. Took me by surprise when I ordered one, as I'd thought non-alcoholic drinks were free but, seemingly, O's interpretation of "non-alcoholic" is different from mine and only applies to the likes of Coke. And the tonic, of course, which is what my subsequent orders were for. 

38 minutes ago, Harters said:

Yes, the mocktails such as a gin & tonic, using Lyre's, is chargeable. Took me by surprise when I ordered one, as I'd thought non-alcoholic drinks were free but, seemingly, O's interpretation of "non-alcoholic" is different from mine and only applies to the likes of Coke. And the tonic, of course, which is what my subsequent orders were for. 

Depends on one's definition as non-alcoholic (from Google AI): 

"Lyre's non-alcoholic spirits contain a small amount of alcohol, but it's less than 0.5% ABV (Alcohol By Volume)." 

11 minutes ago, durberville said:

How do they classify non-alcoholic beer? Do they offer any? If they do would it be complimentary during lunch or dinner? 

If you booked using SM it would be included it would be included during lunch and dinner but not at the bars before or after dinner.  Again, it costs about the same as a regular beer.

10 hours ago, durberville said:

How do they classify non-alcoholic beer? Do they offer any? If they do would it be complimentary during lunch or dinner? 

Yes, they stock an alcohol free beer. Currently free with lunch and dinner under Simply More but soon to become chargeable again. And chargeable in the bars. 

FWIW, they also stock three alcohol free wines. Also currently free with meals. I tried the red, which I think was a Merlot,  with a couple of dinners and thought it particularly poor. Back to water for me when SM is scrapped - it's certainly not something I'd pay for.  

• Like 2

23 hours ago, babysteps said:

Thanks, you answered my question.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Harters said:

Yes, they stock an alcohol free beer. Currently free with lunch and dinner under Simply More but soon to become chargeable again. And chargeable in the bars. 

FWIW, they also stock three alcohol free wines. Also currently free with meals. I tried the red, which I think was a Merlot,  with a couple of dinners and thought it particularly poor. Back to water for me when SM is scrapped - it's certainly not something I'd pay for.  

Thank you! Yes, we are booked under Simply More. I’m a wine drinker, my husband prefers beer but likes having a non-alcoholic option like Heineken zero. I can’t even imagine there being a palatable non-alcoholic wine…water would also be my choice! 😉

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, durberville said:

Heineken zero

I think it is the Heineken onboard. 

I keep alcohol free red wine at home, for occasional drinking, which I buy online. I find the flavour and body to be fine. Currently what I regard as a very decent Australian Shiraz. That said, it's so many years since I drank alcohol, I've forgotten what "real wine" tastes like. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Harters said:

I think it is the Heineken onboard. 

I keep alcohol free red wine at home, for occasional drinking, which I buy online. I find the flavour and body to be fine. Currently what I regard as a very decent Australian Shiraz. That said, it's so many years since I drank alcohol, I've forgotten what "real wine" tastes like. 

A lot of the newer alcohol free wine are pretty good.  We've found a few that make the wine and somehow take the alcohol out, taste is as good as regular wine.  The one's one the ship, not so good...............

• Like 1

We are on the Nautica heading out of Boston.  It is usually a beautiful sail away with the Boston skyline and the harbor islands. 

Today we are in a pea-soup thick fog and cannot see anything.  The planes land at Logan airport right over the ship to the runway as we pass it by.  We can hear the planes but we cannot see them, a bit unnerving.  The temperature has dropped

Thanks to all of you who answered our questions.  We are settling in and looking forward to warm nice weather in Bermuda.  We started out with a sunny day in the 70, and it is now foggy and sweater weather. 

The internet is now working, it was not for 5 of the last 7 days on the last cruise to Bermuda.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JCMass. said:

We are on the Nautica heading out of Boston.  It is usually a beautiful sail away with the Boston skyline and the harbor islands. 

Today we are in a pea-soup thick fog and cannot see anything.  The planes land at Logan airport right over the ship to the runway as we pass it by.  We can hear the planes but we cannot see them, a bit unnerving.  The temperature has dropped

Thanks to all of you who answered our questions.  We are settling in and looking forward to warm nice weather in Bermuda.  We started out with a sunny day in the 70, and it is now foggy and sweater weather. 

The internet is now working, it was not for 5 of the last 7 days on the last cruise to Bermuda.

Were you on the last one?