Cooking classes

OceanCruise

7 minutes ago, OceanCruise said:

What kind of classes are offered, how often during the cruise, and what are the costs? Do they book up quickly? Can OBC for excursions be used for this?

They offer different menus for different cruises. Classes occurred three or four days during our 11 days. Cooking with Lemons and Cooking Crepes are 2 of the class topics during our cruise. Cost was $90 per person. The classes are limited to 12 person and do book up quickly, but there is a waitlist you can get on. Your OBC can be used. Look at Manage Your Reservation for details.

• Like 1

Just be sure you checked all available times.  Some are offered twice in a day on a sea day, so if at first glance it says "this class is sold out" look if you can pull down to a different time on the same day that may be available.  All of mine "appeared" to be sold out, but in each case the later time was open.  

• Like 1

On 9/20/2024 at 5:42 AM, OceanCruise said:

What kind of classes are offered, how often during the cruise, and what are the costs? Do they book up quickly? Can OBC for excursions be used for this?

You should check with Oceania or your TA.  OBC works for these classes, however I don't believe  you can use "Excursions" OBC for the cooking class. (That was what I was told by Oceania.

2 hours ago, flviking said:

Am I permitted to attend with my DW if we don't book two spots?

Agree with rebeccac.  However, on our Vista cruise in January, I was outside the room in the hallway along with some other spouses/partners waiting for the class to end.  One of the assistants saw us and said they were done, and we were welcome to come in and help our spouses/partners "finish" the food they cooked.  

3 hours ago, flviking said:

Am I permitted to attend with my DW if we don't book two spots?

This is a definite no. However our instructor invited us to call our significant others at the end of class to come finish up the leftovers. The class was great! Definitely worthwhile. 

On 9/20/2024 at 7:58 AM, mozfoz said:

They offer different menus for different cruises. Classes occurred three or four days during our 11 days. Cooking with Lemons and Cooking Crepes are 2 of the class topics during our cruise. Cost was $90 per person. The classes are limited to 12 person and do book up quickly, but there is a waitlist you can get on. Your OBC can be used. Look at Manage Your Reservation for details.

While regular OBC can be used it’s been reported here that the Simply More OBC can not be used for it.