Princess Plus or Princess Premier

jobinseattle

It depends on what is important to you?  Do you like a lot of photos?  Do you expect to have more than 15 drinks a day?  Do you want to avoid the MDR and buffet for dinner and go to speciality dining every night (if you can get a reservation),  Do you have a lot of sea days to take advantage of fitness classes?  Unless you say yes to most of these then Plus may be enough and you can pay for add-ons which may be cheaper.

we usually do go with Premier due to not wanting to worry about end of cruise portfolio charges.  We like the all inclusive nature of it and do not want many charges to go onto our room except for a few purchases and possible a bingo game or two.  It would probably be cheaper for us to go with plus and then pay for the extra items as we want them so for us it is convenience (particularly with the recent price increase).

• Like 1

We always go with the Plus pkg. If you choose a drink that’s more than $15 you only pay the difference and 18% of the difference as the gratuity. If you’re concerned about the internet, I had an iPad and a phone and had no difficulty accessing both. My husband had no trouble with his devices. For us the 1 device plan pp was sufficient. Most of the other differences (desserts, fitness classes, reserved seating, etc) were not important to us. Your wants/needs may be different though. Happy cruising! The Regal is a great ship!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Wavelet1 said:

We always go with the Plus pkg. If you choose a drink that’s more than $15 you only pay the difference and 18% of the difference as the gratuity. If you’re concerned about the internet, I had an iPad and a phone and had no difficulty accessing both. My husband had no trouble with his devices. For us the 1 device plan pp was sufficient. Most of the other differences (desserts, fitness classes, reserved seating, etc) were not important to us. Your wants/needs may be different though. Happy cruising! The Regal is a great ship!

Thanks, There is only two of us. I was just thinking it was not that much more, why not? We would not use the photo package, fitness classes and reserved seating either. I use a walker so I need to sit somewhere I can fold it up. Since dining is in the same dining room as the MDR (what I heard). How is the food compared to specialty dining?

As to Reserved Seating, we use it and like it.  My husband uses a walker or wheelchair, depending on his ability at the time.  We have never had a problem getting an end seat in the Reserved Seating.  We like being able to walk into the Theater 15 minutes before show time and have a seat.  Without the Reserved Seat, we would have to go 45 minutes before show time.  It is also entertaining listening to people trying to talk their way into those seats.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jobinseattle said:

I think the plus package is better for us after all after reading the responses. Thanks everyone

Remember you are talking about $60 per couple per day. Since we don’t like photos and our drinks are mostly covered by the plus package and we generally only do 2 specialty dinners per cruise we don’t find the premier to be of value to us

We were recently on Regal Princess and had the Premier Package. Have only had the Plus before. It was nice to have the more expensive wines and the two speciality restaurant dinners but I tried one premium dessert (no thanks) and had some nice photos but to be honest the Plus would have been fine. We loved Regal, the staff and crew were great. The ship

was very clean. We had no issues with dining. Had the same window table for 2 every night at 7pm. 

• Like 1

I’m not sure how long your cruise is for but I’m surprised by the relatively small difference in price between plus and premier. We’re booked on a 17 night cruise and have plus. To upgrade to premier will cost another $1100 (Australian). For us neither package includes crew appreciation. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Boatharbour said:

I’m not sure how long your cruise is for but I’m surprised by the relatively small difference in price between plus and premier. We’re booked on a 17 night cruise and have plus. To upgrade to premier will cost another $1100 (Australian). For us neither package includes crew appreciation. 

The $1,100 seems like a lot to me we rarely eat in specialty restaurants more than 3 times on a 2 day cruise and pare preferred drinks are mostly covered by plus and we don’t do photo ops. We are sticking with plus

23 minutes ago, Boatharbour said:

It is a 7 night cruise out of Galveston, Tx. It was the small difference in price that made me ask this question.

1 minute ago, memoak said:

The $1,100 seems like a lot to me we rarely eat in specialty restaurants more than 3 times on a 2 day cruise and pare preferred drinks are mostly covered by plus and we don’t do photo ops. We are sticking with plus

We’re sticking with plus too because of the cost, but if the difference in the upgrade was as small as that quoted by the OP, I’d go premier. 

1 hour ago, Boatharbour said:

We’re sticking with plus too because of the cost, but if the difference in the upgrade was as small as that quoted by the OP, I’d go premier. 

That is the difference would account for 11 dinners for 2. I would never go to SD’s that often

2 hours ago, jobinseattle said:

It is a 7 night cruise out of Galveston, Tx. It was the small difference in price that made me ask this question.

That's the correct difference between Plus and Premier. It's $210 more pp for Premier over Plus on a 7 night cruise, which is what the difference is in your pic.. 

$30usd pp per night...

Personally, Premier for us these days, all the way.  The unlimited drinks, casual and specialty, Plus photos and reserved theater seating for production show does it for us, easily.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, reedprincess said:

That's the correct difference between Plus and Premier. It's $210 more pp for Premier over Plus on a 7 night cruise, which is what the difference is in your pic.. 

$30usd pp per night...

Personally, Premier for us these days, all the way.  The unlimited drinks, casual and specialty, Plus photos and reserved theater seating for production show does it for us, easily.  

Don’t do photos, don’t go to show, I have Reserve dining   I go with Plus. 15 drinks is plenty for me

12 minutes ago, reedprincess said:

More power to you. Hopefully, you've shared your opinion to the OP as opposed to me...

I was referring to you to point out that different people want different things and you opined on why you were willing to pay $30 per person per day extra

On our next cruise we booked premier purely for the specialty dining.  With the wheelchair, it is too difficult to get to the Deck 6 aft dining room.  Specialty dining is more accessible.  And, we were able to make reservations at 6 pm every night.  We should make it to the Theater for our reserved seats every night.

• Like 1

Tell me please 🙂 . We've never bothered with the plus package as it's just not warranted. The maths doesn't work and we can't justify it. However, it's come bundled this time as part of a package we're looking at. Because we're from down-under - daily gratuities are never included in the Plus package which we understand. However.. are the tips on the drinks included in the plus package? I see people talking about 18% tip on top of the drinks? 

34 minutes ago, Over from NZ said:

Tell me please 🙂 . We've never bothered with the plus package as it's just not warranted. The maths doesn't work and we can't justify it. However, it's come bundled this time as part of a package we're looking at. Because we're from down-under - daily gratuities are never included in the Plus package which we understand. However.. are the tips on the drinks included in the plus package? I see people talking about 18% tip on top of the drinks? 

Yes, the 18% gratuity is included. If you have to pay a little extra for a drink that is not included in the package, !8% is added to the cost difference eg if the cost difference is $5, you will be charged $5.90

• Like 1