Heating Pads on ship

artvlay

6 minutes ago, artvlay said:

We are going on a cruise in a couple of weeks and my back started to act up. What are the current rules for bringing one onboard?

Prohibited. An old fashion hot water bottle is a substitute. 

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/prohibited-items-onboard-policy

Flammable Items: All items with open flames or heating elements are strictly prohibited; 

• Electric Heating Pads
Edited by BirdTravels

10 minutes ago, Iamthesea said:

A friend tells me that she has taken a heated pad with her on the last two RCCL ships she has been on.  And also on a recent Carnival cruise.  She stated that a problem with heating pads is that on some older ships, there is no electrical outlet near the beds.

They are prohibited, and have been for years.  Just because your friend got lucky isn't an endorsement to be passing out.

• Like 1

Well, I was not endorsing them. 😣  In fact, I was not sure that they were allowed or not. It's an item that I personally do not have to rely on, so had never given it a thought. The subject came up when my friend told me about her experience on Carnival and not having an electrical outlet for her heating pad near her bed.  She has a severe hip injury from a serious accident and needs to use a heating pad a few times throughout the day for her pain.  When I questioned her about whether or not they were allowed on cruise ships, she said that she had never had a problem taking one onboard her cruises.

1 hour ago, Iamthesea said:

A friend tells me that she has taken a heated pad with her on the last two RCCL ships she has been on.  And also on a recent Carnival cruise.  She stated that a problem with heating pads is that on some older ships, there is no electrical outlet near the beds.

When I drove to Port Everglades on Sunday, I drove close to 80 MPH on Alligator Alley and didn’t get pulled over. So apparently the speed limit is 80 MPH, not the posted 70 MPH. 

• Haha 3