Unlimited Premier Dining

pedirn

Just saw a video by Cruise Reports and he stated the unlimited specialty is not really unlimited.   He is on the Sun Princess transatlantic sailing  He states that upon being seated he was informed he could only order from a special left side of the menu.    This has happened at every specialty dining venue he has attended.   I wish I was savvy enough to know how to post video here.   Is this really what is going on?  

• Thanks 2

Is he complaining that he’s not being allowed to order every item from the entire menu at a single seating?

I have to say, that interpretation never occurred to me. 

Edited by Ellipooh
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, pedirn said:

Just saw a video by Cruise Reports and he stated the unlimited specialty is not really unlimited.   He is on the Sun Princess transatlantic sailing  He states that upon being seated he was informed he could only order from a special left side of the menu.    This has happened at every specialty dining venue he has attended.   I wish I was savvy enough to know how to post video here.   Is this really what is going on?  

Wouldn't that be the same as unlimited casual dining? You choose one app, one entree, one dessert.

56 minutes ago, pedirn said:

Where does he talk about unlimited specialty dining? He complained about pizza. 

He's more concerned about clicks and having people subscribe and comment, thus stirring the pot on nothing new. Casual dining has been unlimited for Premier since there's been a charge. 

Edited by startedwithamouse
  • Like 2

He and his wife have dined at two Specialty Resturants do far, and in both cases they were not allowed to pick items from all of the menus. Many items were not available as part of the Prime Package, and if they wanted to "upgrade" to other items they would be charged the full menu price. To the reviewer "unlimited" should mean the ability to order any item/meal on the menu like a regular customer, not be limted to a specific part of the menu. Below is the two reports that include the potential issue. Better explained my him than me.

• Thanks 2

The thing is that Princess calls it "unlimited" and their definition is not what the term means. If it's truly unlimited, then there shouldn't be any restrictions on what items, or now many courses you order. People should know that beforehand. 

• Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, 555 said:

The thing is that Princess calls it "unlimited" and their definition is not what the term means. If it's truly unlimited, then there shouldn't be any restrictions on what items, or now many courses you order. People should know that beforehand. 

You can dine at the location an unlimited number of times.  That's what unlimited means. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, sptrout said:

Many items were not available as part of the Prime Package, and if they wanted to "upgrade" to other items they would be charged the full menu price. To the reviewer "unlimited" should mean the ability to order any item/meal on the menu like a regular customer, not be limited to a specific part of the menu.

Hello, this is contrary to my experience on the Enchanted last week There were no separate menus, nor were there any " you can only order from this section"  menus. We were treated like any other customer, with the understanding that you can order one ap , one main, one desert . However we did order an extra app at Rudis with no issue 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, oteixeira said:

Y'all, this is the same as every other line.  Unlimited does not mean 6 apps, 4 entrees, and every dessert.  I have no idea how people can even eat that much, but here we are.

The reviewer does not want to order everything, but he points out that the menus have sections blocked off (unavailable) to the "Unlimited" customer. For example, in the pizza joint they wanted the $12.50 (or out of that) pizza but was limited to only the basic $8.50 pizza. Since a large number of high-teir pizzas were not available is it really "Unlimited" dining? They could buy the $12.50 pizza, but only at full price. He was throwing the topic out for discussion, not really complaining and this guy has no problem complaining based on other reviews that I have seen him post.

1 minute ago, sptrout said:

The reviewer does not want to order everything, but he points out that the menus have sections blocked off (unavailable) to the "Unlimited" customer. For example, in the pizza joint they wanted the $12.50 (or out of that) pizza but was limited to only the basic $8.50 pizza. Since a large number of high-teir pizzas were not available is it really "Unlimited" dining? They could buy the $12.50 pizza, but only at full price. He was throwing the topic out for discussion, not really complaining and this guy has no problem complaining based on other reviews that I have seen him post.

And people here have already refuted his review (look at the post above mine).  As you even say, he is a complainer, and I have heard complaining gets you promoted by the tube algorithm.  Just another person trying to make a living, I like to find out things for myself, because I find most reviews don't fit for me.  We are all different. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, oteixeira said:

And people here have already refuted his review (look at the post above mine).  As you even say, he is a complainer, and I have heard complaining gets you promoted by the tube algorithm.  Just another person trying to make a living, I like to find out things for myself, because I find most reviews don't fit for me.  We are all different. 

Yea, but he shows the menus and they are divided. He does complain but does not make stuff up. And remember they are on the "Sun" so all menu bets are off LOL.

7 minutes ago, sptrout said:

Yea, but he shows the menus and they are divided. He does complain but does not make stuff up. And remember they are on the "Sun" so all menu bets are off LOL.

Does the menu says "Premier cannot order from xyz", because a divided menu is just that, a divided menu.  I refuse to watch the video because that will gain him money and metrics and that is all he really wants.  If you have a screen grab that says you can't order it, or a video if a Princess worker saying that, I will take it with a grain of salt....and also let you know in January, when I sail. 

1 hour ago, sptrout said:

He and his wife have dined at two Specialty Resturants do far, and in both cases they were not allowed to pick items from all of the menus. Many items were not available as part of the Prime Package, and if they wanted to "upgrade" to other items they would be charged the full menu price. To the reviewer "unlimited" should mean the ability to order any item/meal on the menu like a regular customer, not be limted to a specific part of the menu. Below is the two reports that include the potential issue. Better explained my him than me.

It is unlimited visits not unlimited food. You cannot order things that have a surcharge without paying. You don’t get to order extra entrees without paying. This is all click bait

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, sptrout said:

We were just in Alfredo’s and it is very clear that the Tony’s specials are not part of the package. Just like a special steak in Crown has an up charge. Packages are only for the standard part of any menu. Somebody needs to actually read the menu

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, memoak said:

We were just in Alfredo’s and it is very clear that the Tony’s specials are not part of the package. Just like a special steak in Crown has an up charge. Packages are only for the standard part of any menu. Somebody needs to actually read the menu

So basically this is like complaining that you had a specialty dinning credit and you couldn't get the lobster tail (that is an up-charge) for free.  Yea, this guy is a total clown.  I go back to my statement that EVERY LINE is like this.  Go to Cagney's on NCL and see if your free dinning credit can get you the lobster tail.  Good luck with that.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, startedwithamouse said:

You can dine at the location an unlimited number of times.  That's what unlimited means. 

Yes and at the same time it can be interpreted as meaning unlimited numbers of courses at each seating. 

Princess should clarify their meaning and stop calling it unlimited, which it is not. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, 555 said:

Yes and at the same time it can be interpreted as meaning unlimited numbers of courses at each seating. 

Princess should clarify their meaning and stop calling it unlimited, which it is not. 

So basically you want an asterisk and super small print that says this does not mean you can eat food until you literally burst?  I would think every line would need to add that. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, oteixeira said:

So basically you want an asterisk and super small print that says this does not mean you can eat food until you literally burst?  I would think every line would need to add that. 

I believe this is because before they started to require payment in advance people would book tons of days and times and then get on board and decide which ones to cancel which meant many people were shut out from getting reservations same thing happened with excursions 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pedirn said:

No this is not exactly what’s going on.

I think the take away from unlimited premier dining is they are all 3 courses,  unlimited reservations or dining per voyage ,per day, of course if a venue is open for lunch & the same for dinner or different, 1 time per meal “ time”.if you wish to pay for upcharges it clearly says on the menus.  The menus are out there… Princess.com has them or just type in the particular restaurant in a search.

I just can’t imagine passengers wanting to go have unlimited 3 course meals in casual & specialty in 1 sitting. Some are interpreting that. I say go to the venue and see what they( Princess staff )say based on interpretation .  It is meant to go enjoy 1 casual and or 1 speciality dining  per day per voyage. Previously it was 2 specialty per voyage.

Here is Kai menu. Clearly states set menu.

Not every one that wants to dine at Kai has a package,so you may order sushi by piece or ala carte.

IMG_1797.thumb.jpeg.fff9a303aea240442dcfa425bc67e434.jpeg

IMG_1798.thumb.jpeg.58e3a696335d192b89d0839adac840a0.jpeg

IMG_1799.thumb.jpeg.71f2d0a9428dda5b48aa0bbad08c5280.jpeg

IMG_1800.thumb.jpeg.58d865c103f4243549adadd122ee6ee1.jpeg

Edited by arizonaperson
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, sptrout said:

In my experience this can vary by ship and is nothing new. Shocking that I didn't need to make a Youtube video to explain it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 555 said:

Now that you know it doesn't fit your interpretation, what's the problem?

Do people really need to be warned that coffee is hot? Yes, I know some do, but everyone all the time? People would just ignore, anyway.

• Like 3