Weather perditions for Florida on Wednesday

1 hour ago, Sonic2012 said:

Harmony canceled Costa Maya. Cozumel no problem, storm moving slow was the update I got from my friend on board. They did a U turn to have smooth sailing and stall for time. 

I thought they cancelled Roatan? Have they cancelled Costa Maya as well now? 

I thought the U-turn was for medical emergency - emergency vehicles on webcam?

2 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

I thought they cancelled Roatan? Have they cancelled Costa Maya as well now? 

I thought the U-turn was for medical emergency - emergency vehicles on webcam?

Two ports cancelled. Medical emergency was not mentioned. 

• Thanks 1

My Thursday flight into Tampa was cancelled as expected.  Scheduled to sail Serenade on Friday.  I called Royal, but no changes to the itinerary.  Still scheduled to sail Friday.  I rebooked my flight for 7:05 am on Friday.  It may get cancelled as well.  

Sandy

I live in the path just outside NE Orlando and we are scheduled to leave Port Canaveral on Utopia on Friday 10/11. Disney Wish cancelled their Friday cruise, but we haven't heard anything yet on ours. I have seen lots of folks having to cancel for our cruise, so if we sail it may be an interesting experience.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, SeeUsCruise said:

I live in the path just outside NE Orlando and we are scheduled to leave Port Canaveral on Utopia on Friday 10/11. Disney Wish cancelled their Friday cruise, but we haven't heard anything yet on ours. I have seen lots of folks having to cancel for our cruise, so if we sail it may be an interesting experience.

There isn't going to be anything sailing from Port Canaveral on Fri. Watch the weather. There are going to be hurricane force winds going through PC midday into late afternoon Thur....and thats hurricane....tropical storm force winds will be into Thur evening.

Edited by bajathree
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, bajathree said:

There isn't going to be anything sailing from Port Canaveral on Fri. Watch the weather. There are going to be hurricane force winds going through PC midday into late afternoon Thur....and thats hurricane....tropical storm force winds will be into Thur evening.

Thanks for the forecast. I am watching the weather, I live in the cone too. I wasn't asking if we were were going to sail...just contributing to the conversation by sharing facts at this time and not predictions since I don't have an email from RC saying cancelled. 

Edited by SeeUsCruise
  • Like 3

40 minutes ago, bajathree said:

Milton keeps shifting south, so Miami and FLL sailings may be at risk as well

14 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Miami and FLL sailings may be at risk as well

Most definitely Yes...

This is getting passed around on the Sun Princess... who are trying to get to FLL from the UK... on her Maiden Voyage...

image.png.5a8d3406157a545e9276fb5d10e7b269.png

• Like 2

18 hours ago, bajathree said:

We are booked on Adventure on Friday.  Like you, I cannot see how PC could be open for disembarkation of previous cruise plus embarkation of ours on Friday.   Shortening the cruise is apt to change the itinerary as well as it is such a long sail to Curacao.  We will have fun regardless.

Two posters on the Utopia, just reported on the Royal Caribbean thread in their trip reports that Utopia is arriving back to PC on Oct 12, Saturday and that they will be going to Labadee tomorrow, per their Captain's announcement on board.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

Utopia is arriving back to PC on Oct 12

Best case scenario, I'm assuming. I hope folks don't come back to their cars completely flooded, but it's not looking good.

I think folks who have cruises coming up this week/end need to preemptively make other vacation plans and avoid florida. Besides all of the cruise ships that will be out of position, airlines will have tons of crew and metal out of position as well as we all wait and see what direction Milton takes.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DoctorWhoGirl said:

On Serenade now. We are docked in Cozumel  today and will overnight here and enjoy a second day in Cozumel tomorrow. No decision made on where we will disembark until after the hurricane clears FL. 

Please continue to post updates.  I'm supposed to be on Serenade on Friday.  Email from Royal said that they would notify of changes no later than Thursday night.  Thanks!  Enjoy Cozumel!

Sandy

• Like 1

Booking a cruise out of Florida during hurricane season is risky.  June 1 to November 30th  Most of the time, there’s no problem. However when your sailing is impacted by a hurricane don’t act surprised.  Fares during hurricane season are lower because demand is down.  Sadly, many sailings will be affected by Milton.  Travel insurance should cover extra expenses.  Hope that your cruise is safe.

Nothing from Royal Caribbean yet, but I just got an email from the Port of Tampa saying that since our Serenade cruise is delayed, our credit card will be automatically credited for all the days of pre-paid parking we miss. And full refunds will be issued if we decide to cancel. Again, this is from the Port of Tampa.

• Like 2

The website for the Port Of Tampa has updates.  Last one at 11am indicates they are still in the assessment stage.  They said they will update as they progress and let you know when the port will be open to traffic.  Doesn't sound like they've found anything major destruction wise BUT they have no power at this time,

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I just received an email that my 9-day Serenade cruise for 10/11 has been changed to a 7-day Western Caribbean departing Sunday, 10/13. I've changed my flight to Sunday morning.

Hopefully, Tampa will recover soon.  So much devastation with these hurricanes.

• Like 1