Hurricane Milton

3 minutes ago, back-at-it said:

We are on Celebrity Reflection 10-14 out of Ft Lauderdale, FL.  I have not heard from Celebrity yet if it is still going to happen.  We are in Sarasota, FL where Milton is due to land tonight.

Stay safe!!

On 10/6/2024 at 9:41 PM, Cruiseyone said:

We are scheduled to depart Fort Lauderdale on Thursday 10 October on Viking Neptune . We were driving down the coast from Charleston but now fly to MIami tomorrow 6 Oct instead as I think best to get to Florida ASAP. What does everyone think will happen - will the ship be delayed etc? Should we plan on staying in FLL the night before to be safe and has there ever been flooding in between Miami and FLL in these situations? Sorry our travel plans are in disarray and now I am panicking - we dont have hurricanes in Oz so dont know what to expect! Thanks for your help

Ports are closed as on right now. 

Port Everglades follows U.S. Coast Guard (USCG) regulations for operating the port during storm conditions. This may affect cruise, cargo and petroleum operations.

The U.S. Coast Guard Captain of the Port (COTP) is continuing Port Condition YANKEE for Port Everglades, which was set on October 8, 2024, at 2400 (12:00AM) for Hurricane Milton. The potential remains to set Condition ZULU at a future time depending upon the storm track and intensity.

Port Condition YANKEE: Sustained tropical storm force winds are expected to arrive within 24 hours.

Operations Procedures:

• Inbound vessels greater than 500 GT will not be permitted to enter ports. 
  • Oceangoing vessels greater than 500 GT must depart ports, berths or anchorages unless prior permission to remain has been granted by the COTP.

11 hours ago, New2cruise2022 said:

Port Canaveral area is forecast to experience 3 to 5 foot storm surge. For people returning from cruises, is there a likelihood that a 5 foot surge would flood and damage cars parked at the port?

There is a covered parking deck at the terminal that is several stories high. I always park 2 or 3 levels up. Otherwise, it’s very possible. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DCGuy64 said:

I am really praying for my friends and family who live down there: my dad has a condo in Bonita Springs, my cousin and her husband live in Fort Myers, I have friends in Tampa and Orlando, and I'm planning to attend a wedding at St Pete Beach next February. All of what I see on the Weather Channel really worries me. At least we don't have to worry about our condo in Fort Myers, because we sold it in 2023 after it was basically destroyed by Ian. Hoping Floridians survive this double whammy intact!

I have a friend that works for the DA’s office and lives in Bonita Springs. He said there is already flooding in the streets this morning. He will be riding it out down there as a designated attorney in the city. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

There is a covered parking deck at the terminal that is several stories high. I always park 2 or 3 levels up. Otherwise, it’s very possible. 

My brother is returning Saturday morning on Carnival Mardi Gras. Their family van is parked on ground level because it is an oversized van. 😬 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, New2cruise2022 said:

I have a friend that works for the DA’s office and lives in Bonita Springs. He said there is already flooding in the streets this morning. He will be riding it out down there as a designated attorney in the city. 

Wow! I don't think my dad is at his condo right now, but he knows people who live there year 'round. The units will be OK but there is the potential for any cars parked on the ground floor to be flooded. That's what happened during Ian.

15 hours ago, Honolulu Blue said:

Here's a TL,DR:

* Elation current sailing won't return on time (Thursday). They're hopeful about running a shortened cruise starting Friday

* Paradise won't make it back on time (Thursday) and the next cruise is canceled. 🙁

* Glory may not make it back on time (Friday). Cruisers on Friday's cruise are asked to stand by.

* Sunrise may not make it back on time (Thursday). Cruisers on Thursday's cruise are asked to stand by.

* Sunshine might have to dodge Milton on the way back to Charleston and may not make it back on time (Saturday). Saturday cruisers are asked to stand by.

* Valor has to dodge Milton on the way back to New Orleans and may not make it back on time (Thursday). Thursday cruisers are asked to stand by.

Updates from Carnival as of 3 PM:

* Valor due to arrive in New Orleans later than expected, but still on Thursday

* Sunrise won't make it to Miami on Thursday

* Glory won't make it to PC on Friday

All of these will have updates by 6 PM today

MSC Seashore officially canceled the 10/10 sailing:

"Guests Departing Thursday, October 10, 2024 on MSC Seashore from Port Canaveral, FL:
This sailing is now cancelled - In consultation with the U.S. Coast Guard and Port Authorities, and due to the uncertainty of the reopening of Port Canaveral, we have made the difficult decision to cancel this sailing. A full refund will be issued and no further action is required on your part. For more detailed information, please refer to the communication shared by MSC Cruises and your travel advisor. If you are in Hurricane Milton's path, please take necessary precautions to stay safe."

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, DCGuy64 said:

Wow! I don't think my dad is at his condo right now, but he knows people who live there year 'round. The units will be OK but there is the potential for any cars parked on the ground floor to be flooded. That's what happened during Ian.

Best wishes for safety and for property. Obviously people come first, but property damage is still expensive and weighs on mental health. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, DCGuy64 said:

All of what I see on the Weather Channel really worries me.

Bonita Springs here.  Tornado damage reported in Fort Myers and North Fort Myers areas, but I have not seen or heard about anything major here in town.  Wind gusts are still in the 40s, very little rainfall, and power is still on.

1 hour ago, Stem to Stern said:

Wind gusts are still in the 40s, very little rainfall, and power is still on.

Spoke to my parents this morning....  They are in Ft. Pierce, so on the east coast.  Their risks, as I understand it, include possible flooding, loss of power, and high winds...oh, and tornados.  Praying for all of you...please keep us posted.

Edited by Georgia_Peaches
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bead Pirate said:

Updated NHC forecast takes Milton right offshore via Port Canaveral on Friday...

Port Canaveral/Cape Canaveral is projected to get the worst of the storm.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Grecco said:

Im on the enchantment thats returning to tampa on saturday. Cruise told us we may be rerouted to port canaveral or everglades. First time  this has happened to me. What sort of assistancs will rc provide for flights home? My plane ticket is from tpa on sunday.

Would you please keep me posted on what they do or any hints they give? ...we're on Enchantment after you, and our flights are into Tampa on Friday afternoon. I'm not sure they're going to tell us in a timely manner. If we need to get new flights we want to do so asap. There's not much available...and what there is has scattered seats so my kids (one is 4...) would be sitting by themselves...

As of 8pm advisory, it looks like direct hit on port canaveral as cat 1 so let see how it turns out the port. If you want to get glimpse of the port conditions the app "Windy" lets you see certain webcams around port canaveral 

Updates from Royal Caribbean listed at Travel Updates | Royal Caribbean Cruises .  Here's the TL,DR:

• Utopia's cruise that was scheduled for Friday will board a shortened cruise on Saturday.  Embarkation will be delayed by several hours.
  • Adventure's cruise that was scheduled for Friday will board a shortened cruise on Saturday.  Embarkation will be delayed by several hours.
  • Independence's cruise that was scheduled for tomorrow will board a shortened cruise on Friday.  
  • Mariner's cruise that embarks tomorrow will have embarkation delayed by several hours

Hello everyone!

There were four threads regarding the same topic Hurricane Milton. The threads have been merged into this one thread. Due to the Cruise Critic software, all posts now appear in post date/time order in this newly merged thread. If anyone was not aware there were other threads regarding the same topic, please read back through this newly merged thread to make sure you have seen ALL of the posts so far. 

In the future if anyone notices there are duplicate threads for the same topic in a forum, let us know by using the Report feature. For information on how to do it, please click here: How To: Report a Post

Just use the Thread Needs Attention: (ex: Wrong Forum, Move Thread, Edit etc) radio button and let us know what the thread titles and links are in the Optionally enter a message with your report section.

When done with your message, click Submit Report. Your part is done at that point. Please do not quote or reply on the reported threads regarding the duplication. Your quote or reply post as well as any other posts or quotes concerning the reported duplicate threads will be removed from sight when the threads are merged.

I suggest everyone use the Follow feature on any new threads you start or any other threads where you are interested in the new replies such as this thread. You will not have to go looking to see if there are new posts because they will come l👀king for you as notifications! If you need information on how to do it, please click here: How to: Follow Topics & Forums (Subscribed Threads/Forums Info) and here: How To: Change Email Settings/Unsubscribe: Notification Settings

Hope this will be helpful to all and glad to have everyone aboard Cruise Critic! 

Happy sails,

Host Kat

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Spoke to my parents this morning....  They are in Ft. Pierce, so on the east coast.  Their risks, as I understand it, include possible flooding, loss of power, and high winds...oh, and tornados.  Praying for all of you...please keep us posted.

Please keep us updated

• Like 1